搜索
教育王國 討論區 根德園幼稚園 2009-10 K2G
樓主: cookiegg
go

2009-10 K2G [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

41#
發表於 09-9-8 17:08 |只看該作者
so glad that Felicia can share her experience with us. As Herrick is my first child, I don't have any idea about that (even don't know how to calculate the points).  

I'm now seeking comment on SFA & Ying Wah. Just heard it's so tough to study in SFA. Do u have any idea?? And what should we get prepared for the interview? A big headache to me.

原帖由 Felicia726 於 09-9-8 15:10 發表
Hi Alvin's mom,
The primary school hunt is so exhaustive. Well, for my daughter, I didn't do much because she got 25pts to enter Maryknoll Primary. This is good because she is shy and lack of confiden ...

42#
發表於 09-9-9 09:54 |只看該作者
Hi cartoon9,
Are you old girl from MCS? Nice to meet you.
25 pts should be quite safe yet I was still so worried before the 1st round result was out in November last year. All applicants with 25 pts got admitted to Maryknoll Primary for 2009/2010. Even a few with 20 pts got in during the 1st round allocation. Keep praying for the best.
I really do not know how to help a child to be more outspoken because my daughter has given me headaches for not willing to speak up and to express herself. She could perform ballet on stage and also participate piano recital; however, she just does not speak up. Maybe KV made a shy person more timid.... Anyways, I do admit that KV provides such good training that their graduates have no problem adapt to primary school life (govt and govt aided primary schools).
Let's share more. = )

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-8 16:27 發表
Hi Felicia726,

Your elder daughter is now P1?  Just want to know if 25 pts can guarantee a kid to MCS.  Like your daughter, Andrea should have 25 pts for MCS but I heard rumors from last year that so ...

43#
發表於 09-9-9 10:03 |只看該作者
Oh, by the way, I clarified with my son that he is now in blue group so he knows Sze Hang and Alvin. hee.
SFA is tough. P1 students use P2 English book. Maryknoll P1 stays with the P1 books which I think this is more normal. I like govt/govt aided primary schools because they will help their P1 pupils to adapt to primary schooling gradually. Whereas as famous private schools, they tend to push their pupils to achieve very high standard in a short period of time so as to affirm their academic standing. However, if your child is very smart and gets excellent results from KV, he/she will be fine at SFA. It really depends on your child's personality and learning attitude. Old saying, find the right school for your child.
I think we will have more to share during the K2 school year. K2 is difficult and stressful to parents. Be prepared. Relax and love your children more because it's a tough school year. I feel bad that I didn't pay much attention to my older daughter's emotion during her K2 schooling.

原帖由 cookiegg 於 09-9-8 17:08 發表
so glad that Felicia can share her experience with us. As Herrick is my first child, I don't have any idea about that (even don't know how to calculate the points).  

I'm now seeking comment on SFA & ...

44#
發表於 09-9-9 10:29 |只看該作者
Many thanks for your sharing, Felicia726.  Oh, Alvinn didn't tell us he's in blue group.  He sometimes said he's in red group instead!

I agree that, apart from sound academic development, we should not neglect our children's emotion.  Learning with happiness and confidence are also what we are looking for.

Andrea's mom, it would be really nice to get 25 points for MCS as it should be quite safe according to my friend's experience last year.  Alvin should only get 15 marks for famous primary schools.  Therefore, we would be very likely to try Private /DSS schools.  Apart from Ying Wah and SFA, any other recommendations?

原帖由 Felicia726 於 09-9-9 10:03 發表
Oh, by the way, I clarified with my son that he is now in blue group so he knows Sze Hang and Alvin. hee.
SFA is tough. P1 students use P2 English book. Maryknoll P1 stays with the P1 books which I th ...

45#
發表於 09-9-9 12:48 |只看該作者
Hi Felicia & Alvin's mom,

Well, yes, I'm an old girl of the primary section.
Andrea likes this school as she was in there a number of times before.  I keep worrying about the points thing as you know, things keep changing.  At this moment, I'm not so sure if traditional school is good for my daughter.  I will try also some of those private and DSS schools.

Andrea is that kind of a girl who always asks questions and her time span on work is not very long.  Sometimes she's shy and lack confidence and sometimes not.  It really depends on her mood .  She likes performing on the stage and she's also doing fine on her PTH recital.  She did have a good comment from her teacher in her Show & Tell.  But if you ask her to perform in front of the relatives or friends, she will definitely say NO
One of the things that I'm very much concern is that my daughter always rush towards her work.  She just want to get things done quickly, without thinking about the quality, so that she could do some other things she likes.   How about your kids?

Btw, what is SFA?  A friend of mine has attended a P1 talk from Ying Wah and said it was really impressive.  I've very limited information about primary schools.  Are there any recommendation for girls too?

[ 本帖最後由 cartoon9 於 09-9-9 12:52 編輯 ]

46#
發表於 09-9-10 10:25 |只看該作者
Hi cartoon9,
SFA full name is St Francis of Assisi's English Primary School located in Shek Kip Mei. It's a co-ed Catholic private school.
I think you should consider apply Good Hope for your daughter.
Have you asked your girl if she knows Alex?

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-9 12:48 發表
Hi Felicia & Alvin's mom,

Well, yes, I'm an old girl of the primary section.
Andrea likes this school as she was in there a number of times before.  I keep worrying about the points thing as you k ...

47#
發表於 09-9-10 11:35 |只看該作者
Hi Felicia,

OIC... SFA is a very good school traditionally.  I've a friend who studied there and get admitted to DBS.

Yes, I will also consider GHS but there are some comments that it is not as good these few years.

Andrea said she knows Alex.  She told me that some of her classmates changed their seats (as they were noisy wor...).  But she said she still remains at her own seat.  Yesterday, they learnt a new Chinese poem:

幼稚園裡排排坐,
一起拍手唸兒歌,
讀書寫字同遊戲,
樣樣學來樂趣多.

She was so happy when she read it out loudly

Miss Chiu said there will be homework book distributed today.

原帖由 Felicia726 於 09-9-10 10:25 發表
Hi cartoon9,
SFA full name is St Francis of Assisi's English Primary School located in Shek Kip Mei. It's a co-ed Catholic private school.
I think you should consider apply Good Hope for your daughter ...

48#
發表於 09-9-10 14:42 |只看該作者
Oh, is Alvin one of the noisy students?  I'm always worried about his performance in class as he's always active and talkative at home.

Alvin also said a similar poem:
... 看圖書, 畫畫畫, 玩玩具, 樂趣多 ...

He jumped happily after the last sentence.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-10 11:35 發表
Hi Felicia,

OIC... SFA is a very good school traditionally.  I've a friend who studied there and get admitted to DBS.

Yes, I will also consider GHS but there are some comments that it is not as good ...

49#
發表於 09-9-10 17:49 |只看該作者
Hi Alvin's mom,

Andrea said Alvin was in the RED group wor.  Don't know if she's right or wrong    I know there are 2 Alvin in this class.  Is your son's chinese name Chan Yan Joi (donno if I spell correctly)??

She just mentioned to me that today they revised on number 1-10 again (with dominos) and repeated the Chinese poem...

原帖由 Mom-to-be2005 於 09-9-10 14:42 發表
Oh, is Alvin one of the noisy students?  I'm always worried about his performance in class as he's always active and talkative at home.

Alvin also said a similar poem:
... 看圖書,  ...

醒目開學勳章

50#
發表於 09-9-10 22:54 |只看該作者
My son is so happy when i ask him about that chin. poem

51#
發表於 09-9-11 09:47 |只看該作者
Bingo.  Andrea is great!  Alvin is in Red group!  Yes, the pronounciation of his Chinese name is similar!  She's so great to have memorized the whole poem!

Alvin seldom talked about his school life unless we asked.  BK is really a great channel for us to share.  Thanks.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-10 17:49 發表
Hi Alvin's mom,

Andrea said Alvin was in the RED group wor.  Don't know if she's right or wrong    I know there are 2 Alvin in this class.  Is your son's chinese name Chan Yan Joi (donno if I spel ...

52#
發表於 09-9-11 12:39 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Have any of your kids mentioned about the Chinese words' card?  I learnt from parents of other classes that they've taught one or two of them already.  When I asked Andrea, she said no.  I pretend to trust her of course but just want to check with you (in case Andrea keep day-dreaming in class):tongue:

Andrea likes memorising her classmates' names and knows where they sit but she's always careless (actually not concentrating) when working on her own

53#
發表於 09-9-11 14:39 |只看該作者
Hi cartoon9,
Let me ask Alex about the Chinese cards tonight then. My son didn't tell me much about school. He doesn't even know the Chinese song/poem as mentioned by your daughter. It seems that he is not interested in going to school. Maybe he misses his buddy in 1G. I also feel that maybe he get bored in class as KV focuses on teaching and writing and he doesn't have much chance to go out to play in the playground and tree house.
Ah, he told me that Andrea was quite talkative in class. He also said that he knew Herrick. I hope that he would get to know more friends in 2G so that he will like going to school soon.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-11 12:39 發表
Hi all,

Have any of your kids mentioned about the Chinese words' card?  I learnt from parents of other classes that they've taught one or two of them already.  When I asked Andrea, she said no.  I pr ...

54#
發表於 09-9-11 17:03 |只看該作者
Hi Felicia,

I’ve talked with Miss Chiu before lesson started today.
She said she hasn’t started anything new from K2 syllabus yet.
They will keep on revising those K1 materials + sth new next week.

I’ve told Miss Chiu before about my daughter’s grasping problem with the pencil but she told me today that she’s doing ok.
She also said Andrea could concentrate in class but would sometimes jealous when Miss Chiu was taking care of others (she’s attention seeking I believe).
Andrea is quite an active person with enthusiasm and would asks questions when the teacher is doing sth which sounds interesting to her.  Sometimes she would report to the teacher when somebody did sth wrong too   That's why she seems to be quite talkative (if compared with the shy guys) .  She told me a list of her classmates but I always forget about them.   I hope that she will keep on improving herself in class la...

[ 本帖最後由 cartoon9 於 09-9-11 17:05 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

55#
發表於 09-9-11 22:21 |只看該作者
Hi all,

I've just asked Herrick and he told me he knew Alex.  And i showed the chin. word card to him, he said Miss Chiu has not yet taught.

I also chatted with Miss Chiu today, she told me Herrick is quite 'B' compared with others.

56#
發表於 09-9-14 11:08 |只看該作者
Hi Herrick's mom,

Did I met you last Friday before school started?  There was a parent talking with Miss Chiu before I approached her Btw, what's your son's chinese name?  I've asked Andrea if she has a classmate called Herrick but she said she knows a boy calls Derek

Andrea has told me a lot of her classmates (esp those in Blue & Red group) during the weekend.  I can almost conclude the seating plan

原帖由 cookiegg 於 09-9-11 22:21 發表
Hi all,

I've just asked Herrick and he told me he knew Alex.  And i showed the chin. word card to him, he said Miss Chiu has not yet taught.

I also chatted with Miss Chiu today, she told me Herrick  ...

57#
發表於 09-9-14 11:22 |只看該作者
Btw,

Does anyone know when "dictation" will start?  Some said this week, some said in October

58#
發表於 09-9-14 12:30 |只看該作者
Hi cartoon9,
I have no idea when will dictation start. Too soon to start this week, I guess.
I feel bad to see my son write so many words for homework. My older daughter kept telling my son that the homework would suddenly become 3 pieces a day. Heavy load of homework at KV was probably a nightmare to my daughter.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-14 11:22 發表
Btw,

Does anyone know when "dictation" will start?  Some said this week, some said in October

59#
發表於 09-9-14 13:50 |只看該作者
Hi Felicia,

To Andrea, she doesn't like drawing pictures.  She always keeps asking me why she needs to draw so many pics (which needs to be the same as KV's).  Like last Friday, she needs to draw a girl with her Chinese homework.  Her drawing was like a mess...  

I think "3-pages homework" will start very soon... I hope that they will "enjoy" writing ...

原帖由 Felicia726 於 09-9-14 12:30 發表
Hi cartoon9,
I have no idea when will dictation start. Too soon to start this week, I guess.
I feel bad to see my son write so many words for homework. My older daughter kept telling my son that the  ...

60#
發表於 09-9-14 14:22 |只看該作者
Hi all mommies,

Share your views.  Alvin is always creative in his drawings; it's a bit difficult for him to draw exactly the same as the model answer.  He always likes to make some variations

原帖由 cartoon9 於 09-9-14 13:50 發表
Hi Felicia,

To Andrea, she doesn't like drawing pictures.  She always keeps asking me why she needs to draw so many pics (which needs to be the same as KV's).  Like last Friday, she needs to draw a g ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題