用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 my daughter can communciate in English only.. i'm so ...
發新帖
查看: 1022|回覆: 10
go

my daughter can communciate in English only.. i'm so worried [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-12 16:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all parents,

my daughter can only communciate in English, cuz she spent most of the time with the yan yan.  does it really a problem to interview the local branded schools?  any band 1 KG that's allowed for english interviews?  i'm so worried.  just keep speaking Chinese with her, but she seems very slow to understand and memorize it.  any advice and comment?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-8-12 21:33 |只看該作者
You still have 3 months (at least, as interviews always held from Oct later on), try to talk more Cantonese in front of her, she would catch up listening first though may not reply in Chinese. You can also tell the teachers that she understands English better.
原帖由 ah_lamn 於 09-8-12 16:21 發表
Dear all parents,

my daughter can only communciate in English, cuz she spent most of the time with the yan yan.  does it really a problem to interview the local branded schools?  any band 1 KG that' ...

3#
發表於 09-8-12 22:13 |只看該作者
搵間幼兒園比佢返學前班. 每日有幾個鐘聽老師講吓廣東話, 進步好快. 上年同你一樣情況, 係9月拿拿淋搵間幼兒園比佢返學. 今日報名, 聽日就返學. 到10月interview的時候, 都能夠應付到. Good Luck!

4#
發表於 09-8-13 10:11 |只看該作者
but it seems a bit late to find a nursery now, most of the pre-nursery intake in Sept accepts application from last year.   and the worst is she's about to start her playgroup (English basis) in coming Sept.  don't think I can refund it.   but anyway, i will try my best.   but my daughter seems get confused.   when i ask her the color of something, her answer could be like 'blue 色'.  jesus.... so i sometimes speak in chinese when i think she can understand, but sometimes explain in English.  sigh....

5#
發表於 09-8-13 10:21 |只看該作者
if you really want to help her to have better chinese, you must say chinese all the time no matter she understand or not, no need to explain by english, only CHINESE CHINESE CHINESE

6#
發表於 09-8-13 12:05 |只看該作者
唔好咁心急, 慢慢嚟, 小朋友好快進步的.
其實, 要搵幼兒園應該不是太難的. 因為我係叫你去搵樓下普通嗰d幼兒園, 而唔係搵九龍塘嗰d大熱. 如果真係搵唔到, 返playgroup都好, 只要佢有機會接觸多d廣東話.
同埋, 好似'仔仔錫錫你'咁講, 係屋企要全廣東話同佢溝通.

7#
發表於 09-8-13 12:49 |只看該作者
unless you decide to study international schools in the future, I wonder bilingualism seems equally important in HK education system

8#
發表於 09-8-13 13:27 |只看該作者
A lot of kindergarten such as Victoria, St Cat, Learning Habitat can conduct the interview in English. I don't think you need to worry. It's good for the child to master English well in his/her early years. As long as she's living in HK, she will be able to speak Cantonese very soon (so fast that you cannot believe).

When my son entered PN, he could not speak much Cantonese.  In K1, he entered the Eng/Potunghua stream. Now, he's going on to K2, and can speak fluent Cantonese. Sometimes, I think he speaks too much Cantonese.

9#
發表於 09-8-13 14:17 |只看該作者
Yes, not to worry. My son also has the same problem, he is 3 now and still converse in English and doesn't converse in Cantonese at all. I chose English as the interviewing medium for St Cat and he got admitted...... hope his Cantonese will improve once he starts school.......

10#
發表於 09-8-13 14:40 |只看該作者
icic..  thanks all you guys' comments.  I'm not so familiar with the KG close to my place cuz we just move to the new home within a month, now is searching for some schools.   anybody knows any KG that's in shatin / fotan and the school is not too bad and easy to get in?   btw, does pre-nursery qualify to claim the government allowance (學卷)?

11#
發表於 09-8-13 16:23 |只看該作者
pre-nursery is not qualified for government allowance, at least K1.  Don't worry about English speaking.  Start playing with her the Chinese answers of name, gender, age, colours, father's name, mother's name, etc.  I have the same experience and worry but most important is that your kid is smart at interview.  At interviews, I told the teachers my twins' English is better than Chinese, but they will pick up Chinese well soon.  Luckily, I met teachers who did not mind and said they will ask again in English if they did not respond.  

原帖由 ah_lamn 於 09-8-13 14:40 發表
icic..  thanks all you guys' comments.  I'm not so familiar with the KG close to my place cuz we just move to the new home within a month, now is searching for some schools.   anybody knows any KG tha ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題