搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Bilingual and ASD
發新帖
查看: 920|回覆: 9
go

Bilingual and ASD [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-4 13:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I find it extremely hard to choose whether to continue with English or to switch back to Cantonese. Our family is bilingual- husband and I communicate in both English and Chinese, we have Filipino maids. Our friends are mostly Chinese.
   0    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 09-8-5 09:44 |只看該作者
so it is not a easy to choose for you, as the similar cases with us.

If your family will keep to stay in HK, or your family's member included grandies can use Cantonese, it would better to choose Chinese as his language base, it make you easy to find the speech or other theraphists in chinese speaking.
And don't be worry about his English ability, once his speech instinct are recover, learning English is not a problem at all.
My son is now 4.5 yrs, we make Cantonese as our language base with his theraphies since 3yrs,  his speech skill is reach 4 yrs and now he could listen the english by himself from TV shows, spelling and phonics are his favourite game with us.

BTW, if you choose English, you better to check with your social worker for the information of the english base early center or special school (Government service) cos the time to wait could be 2 year up.......

[ 本帖最後由 Anpanmama 於 09-8-5 09:49 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-8-5 23:02 |只看該作者
原帖由 Anpanmama 於 09-8-5 09:44 發表
so it is not a easy to choose for you, as the similar cases with us.

If your family will keep to stay in HK, or your family's member included grandies can use Cantonese, it would better to choose Chi ...

Thank you.
I guess my biggest concern is that the kid's English is in fact quite good now while his Cantonese has a big lag.
The reason for this struggle is that before he was suspected to have ASD, we plan to put him in international school. Given the limited resources for non-Chinese speaking special needs, I thought it would be safer to switch to Cantonese. However, he is very reluctant to speak Cantonese.

4#
發表於 09-8-9 18:52 |只看該作者
I have the same situation as yours. starting from 2, i started to use English to communicate with my son. But my family is actually a Chinese family. Sometimes i got confused too. But when i know that he a suspected autism case, i switch back to Cantonese immediately. Within two months, my son's communication ability has improved a lot. Anyway, i plan to stay in hk, and i only hope to set a good foundation of English for my son. But now, the case is different, so i have to adjust too.

5#
發表於 09-8-9 18:52 |只看該作者
I have the same situation as yours. starting from 2, i started to use English to communicate with my son. But my family is actually a Chinese family. Sometimes i got confused too. But when i know that he a suspected autism case, i switch back to Cantonese immediately. Within two months, my son's communication ability has improved a lot. Anyway, i plan to stay in hk, and i only hope to set a good foundation of English for my son. But now, the case is different, so i have to adjust too.

6#
發表於 09-8-11 20:06 |只看該作者

回覆 3# jessicaoyw 的文章

我都面對同樣情況, 之前姐姐+我通常同佢講英文, 連教ABA都係英文...所以佢講+理解都係英文...

早兩個月前, 我做半職媽媽...就開始同佢講留多d中文...可惜佢似乎唔太接受, 成日講英文糾正我

7#
發表於 09-8-12 08:54 |只看該作者
May I know what is ASD?

原帖由 jessicaoyw 於 09-8-4 13:28 發表
I find it extremely hard to choose whether to continue with English or to switch back to Cantonese. Our family is bilingual- husband and I communicate in both English and Chinese, we have Filipino mai ...

8#
發表於 09-8-17 23:16 |只看該作者
I have started him on training in Cantonese for 4 weeks. He was very reluctant at the beginning but now he is willing to speak in short phrases.
I plan to review his progress in 2 months. If his progress is insignificant, he may have to opt for English. He is speaking in sentences in English and obviously is more confident.

原帖由 conconma 於 09-8-11 20:06 發表
我都面對同樣情況, 之前姐姐+我通常同佢講英文, 連教ABA都係英文...所以佢講+理解都係英文...

早兩個月前, 我做半職媽媽...就開始同佢講留多d中文...可惜佢似乎唔太接受, 成日講英文糾正我 ...

9#
發表於 09-8-17 23:17 |只看該作者
Autism Spectrum Disorder

原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 09-8-12 08:54 發表
May I know what is ASD?

10#
發表於 09-8-17 23:19 |只看該作者
I sincerely hope that your kid is getting better with Cantonese.
It seems that Cantonese is the right way as there is more opportunity to pick up the language.

原帖由 momofJack 於 09-8-9 18:52 發表
I have the same situation as yours. starting from 2, i started to use English to communicate with my son. But my family is actually a Chinese family. Sometimes i got confused too. But when i know that ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題