搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF K2
發新帖
查看: 1509|回覆: 12
go

ESF K2 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-28 23:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Just recieved a letter from ESF last week that my son will change to another class in the coming 09/10 school year.  The letter said that many children will move to this class and the others will remain in the same class as K2 contingent in that original class.

Is it a normal practice in changing to a new class?  Any ex-ESF kinder kids experienced that change?  DO you know why?  Is it because he is a big boy (he borned in March)?  I recalled that a "big" boy/girl class will group together in K2 because of the age gap with K1.  Is that the case?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-29 01:44 |只看該作者
i think because some of the classmates left the class, so ESF will like to shuffle the classes again so the mix of local & foreigners be more even, just a wild guess.

3#
發表於 09-6-29 13:21 |只看該作者
I do not know about kindergarten. But in primary and secondary, if there is a need to "move" a couple of students to other classes, they would move the students that they believe have no problem in fitting in amongst new people than those that are more shy.

4#
發表於 09-6-29 15:41 |只看該作者
Read the handbook again -- it says that in K2, with the recommendation of the class teacher, ESF will group the more mature students (usually those born in Jan-Mar) into a new class for better learning. This means your son is doing very well and has good progress.

5#
發表於 09-6-29 15:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-6-29 01:44 發表
i think because some of the classmates left the class, so ESF will like to shuffle the classes again so the mix of local & foreigners be more even, just a wild guess.

Do not know about kindergarten, but it has not apparent to me that any ESF primary or secondary school would purposely want to maintain an even mix of local and foreign kids.
Any other parents can confirm?

6#
發表於 09-6-29 23:48 |只看該作者
Thanks.

原帖由 mother30 於 09-6-29 15:41 發表
Read the handbook again -- it says that in K2, with the recommendation of the class teacher, ESF will group the more mature students (usually those born in Jan-Mar) into a new class for better learnin ...

7#
發表於 09-6-30 22:25 |只看該作者
same as my son he will move to Panada class for K2 in this year.  I know this before as I met one parent she told me that the school usually group the big children in this class for K2.  Also the teacher told me about the move before.  By the way your child is in am or pm class.  May be they are classmate

8#
發表於 09-7-1 00:49 |只看該作者
My daughter has been put in Panada a.m. class as well.  She is a big girl who was borned in Feb.  I've got the student name list already.  I found total 4 children in same class are moved to Panada.  I told my daughter already so that she can get prepare to make new friends in her new K2 class.

9#
發表於 09-7-1 09:45 |只看該作者
My son will also be in Panda am class.  Only 2 children in the same original class will have this move.  My son is a bit upset of this move because he wants to be a mentor and take care K1.   

原帖由 lsw0316 於 09-7-1 00:49 發表
My daughter has been put in Panada a.m. class as well.  She is a big girl who was borned in Feb.  I've got the student name list already.  I found total 4 children in same class are moved to Panada.   ...

10#
發表於 09-7-1 11:23 |只看該作者
I understand how's your son's feeling.  This is one of the drawback that they don't have a chance to become the mentor.  

原帖由 cchan0311 於 09-7-1 09:45 發表
My son will also be in Panda am class.  Only 2 children in the same original class will have this move.  My son is a bit upset of this move because he wants to be a mentor and take care K1.   

11#
發表於 09-7-14 17:56 |只看該作者
My son is also moved to the Panda class a.m.....are we all in the same kinder? Haha...

12#
發表於 09-7-19 17:58 |只看該作者
Hi Ivy,

Did you have a chance meeting Rebecca in person before the closing of school?  I just received the end K1 report by mail. I wondering if anyone have a chance meeting her to learn more about our kids progress.      

原帖由 fidellau 於 09-7-14 17:56 發表
My son is also moved to the Panda class a.m.....are we all in the same kinder? Haha...

13#
發表於 09-7-22 23:29 |只看該作者
Yes, I did met Rebecca with my hubby earlr (it was Wednesday, just two days before the school closed - My boy was sick and stayed home). Rebecca mentioned my son might be swapped to the Panda class but the school had not yet confirmed by that time. You can still email Rebecca (same email address) if you want. Mary (the school administrator) said Rebecca will resume duty in Sheung Wan in mid of August.

[ 本帖最後由 fidellau 於 09-7-23 12:22 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題