用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 School has terminated... but still need to pay schoo ...
發新帖
查看: 1892|回覆: 15
go

School has terminated... but still need to pay school fee for July!!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-25 21:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
School is terminated due to swine flu, but the school still demands us to pay the tuition for July!!!  And since we still have a 1-month deposit there... and they will use the 1-month deposit to pay for 'July's tuition'!!!  

I understand that they still have operation cost, but does that worth one whole month of tuition?! Where we don't get anything from there!!!

Does that happen to you? Any solution?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-25 22:01 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 09-6-25 23:21 |只看該作者
of course I understand and I agree (and as I said on the original message) that there are operational cost, and I think it's reasonable to pay for the cost... but maybe they should 'charge us at cost'?  And for the school that I am talking about, it's a nursery school, they charge on monthly basis, you can withdraw anytime, but require one month notice... so, I know, it's very unlikely that they will do anything on this (plus, this is a very profitable organization), but I am just raising this up to discuss...

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-6-25 22:01 發表
School fees for those normal kinder, primary and secondary are on annual basis but just be paid by usually 10 or 11 installments, some are even by just one or two installments.

Similarly the employm ...

4#
發表於 09-6-26 00:31 |只看該作者
I think this applies to all parents in HK and all students. So, accept it as "bad luck" for us this year, and in exchange for a better prevention tactic and costs for the sake of our children's health.

not saying it's fair, but life is unfair sometimes.

You're not alone.

5#
發表於 09-6-26 09:17 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 09-6-26 14:14 |只看該作者
It is unfortuante that schools were closely abruptly. But I do think that we should pay the tuition fee for July as all kindergartens still have to pay for the bills and the salary staff.

Although the decision to close all kindgartens and primary schools was a bad one the commitment of the government to pay education vouchers for all eligible kindergartens is a measure to alleviate the problem and sets an example for parents to follow.

One month tuition fee to parents is not much (apart from those in difficult situation) but if every parent refuses to pay the one month tuition it will create a big problem for the kindergarten.

Nobody wants such thing happens but we can collectively to make it less painful by doing our due.

Cheers,

原帖由 marathon 於 09-6-25 23:21 發表
of course I understand and I agree (and as I said on the original message) that there are operational cost, and I think it's reasonable to pay for the cost... but maybe they should 'charge us at cost' ...

7#
發表於 09-6-26 19:33 |只看該作者
my school is finish,,,
summer holiday

8#
發表於 09-6-27 09:06 |只看該作者
which schools are still charging for July fee?

9#
發表於 09-6-27 09:51 |只看該作者

回覆 4# wisekid2007 的文章

I am more than willing to pay the july nursery fee as nursery teachers care more on my children whom learned a lot when they were in nursery. they learned to speak both english and mandarin well. primary school does not seem to be so effective.

hope the nursery won't get into financial problem.

10#
發表於 09-6-27 10:32 |只看該作者
A lot of schools are "naming" the payment of fees as "instalments" instead of "monthly fees". Many schools are asking parents to pay 10 monthly instalments instead of 12, so each single instalment is not exactly the fees for each month, but the lump sum annual fees divided by 10.

May be your school is different but lets not argue about that. During holidays like Christmas, Easter, etc., will you ask the school to charge you half the fees for December and March? And during typhoons or rainstorms when schools are also closed too, you would ask for a refund?

I know that lots of parents withdraw their children completely from kindergarten just to avoid paying school fees. As far as I know the situation was even worse during SARS in 2003, when schools closed even earlier (around Easter, if I remember it right).

I think it is kind of an obligation or even goodwill to pay fees for one whole year of fees.

I would never find ways to avoid paying the fees although I have 2 children. I guess we need to be a responsible person first, in order to teach our children to also be responsible.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-6-27 16:46 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-6-27 22:42 |只看該作者
In my son's school, teachers & students all didn't want the semester end so abruptly.  I appreciate so much that my son's class teacher kept parents update & sent homework to students through emails for the past 2 weeks.  I know even the school was closed, teachers still have work to be finished before the semester ends.     

If you like your child's school & appreciate the effort the school made over the past one year, I suggest you image the "extra" tuition fee paid is a kind of contribution to the school.  Guess you'll feel happier.

12#
發表於 09-6-28 13:37 |只看該作者
I think there are so many parents that are so "cheap".
Just pray that your boss would not treat you the same, and ask you to take your salary "at cost" when you get really ill and have to be hospitalised.

13#
發表於 09-6-30 23:07 |只看該作者
Thanks to all who share their opinions here.  Everyone has different views, and I am just trying to see how different people see the issue.  And I think I have my view on this as well now.  

But I just want to say, it's funny to see how some people make the discussion so 'unfriendly' (to me... quiet rude in a sense).  I am not trying to start a flame here... but I hope discussion can be more opened and friendly.  So... pls don't reply to this even if you don't agree as I am not writing here to agrue.

And thanks for everyone sharing their views again.

14#
發表於 09-7-7 11:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 marathon 於 09-6-30 23:07 發表
But I just want to say, it's funny to see how some people make the discussion so 'unfriendly' (to me... quiet rude in a sense).  

I do not see why I have to be friendly to someone who is not friendly to her child's school. Your comments do not sound like you are a friendly or reasonable person. At least not friendly and not reasonable towards your child's school. You are just trying to cheat your way out by not paying fees during the time school closes because of H1N1. You will not get support here.

You are supposed to pay the school fees every month. The fees are not calculated according to how many school days there are in each month. Otherwise, you would be paying different fees every month.

Do not tell me you have financial difficulties. If you do, I wonder why you chose international schools in the first place.

I truely understand the concerns of those who are grassroot and those who genuinely cannot afford to pay the fees. These people would never choose international schools. In fact, these people would never choose private or DSS schools.

BTW, kindergarten and preschool education should also have been subsidised by the government already. If you chose one that did not qualify for subsidy, you certainly are not a person that cannot afford.

Can you clarity how much school fees you paid for December? Are you going to ask for a refund as well because school was closed and no electricity and hydro was used, like you said? How about during rainstorms or typhoons when schools are also closed? You ask for a refund too?

Please do not walk away from my questions.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

15#
發表於 09-7-10 02:29 |只看該作者
本討論區歡迎各家長自由發表意見,但請各家長注意用詞,保持網絡禮儀,勿再出攻擊他人言論,謝謝各位合作!

Red2008

16#
發表於 09-7-18 23:40 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題