搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 應否選擇國際學校?(唔該俾D意見)
查看: 17611|回覆: 158
go

應否選擇國際學校?(唔該俾D意見) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-20 17:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我家孩子將入讀國際學校,但家人反對(老公是支持的),感到有點無奈......

他們反對的原因是國際學校的學生大放縱,擔心他長大後會出現種種行為問題(包括吸毒),這點我也有擔心,就算是吸煙也不能接受,但近日的吸毒事件,全是來自傳統學校,究竟讀國際學校會否增加行為問題的機會?

我為孩子選擇國際學校,是因為不想他"死讀書",要靠背誦才能取得好成績,一來他讀書絕對不會專心,記憶力又差,二來在國際學校反而能配合他的長處,包括外向及做事喜歡親力親為.

我認為國際學生絕對適合他,只是擔心他的行為問題,有沒有媽咪能分享這類的經驗?

(P.S. 我絕對無意貶低國際學校的學生,我知道傳統學生也有壞學生,只是想知道我如何可以避免以上的情況發生,或者有沒有例子可以分享,謝謝!)

[ 本帖最後由 foreverbb 於 09-6-21 08:41 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-22 12:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 foreverbb 於 09-6-20 17:42 發表

他們反對的原因是國際學校的學生大放縱,擔心他長大後會出現種種行為問題(包括吸毒),這點我也有擔心,就算是吸煙也不能接受,但近日的吸毒事件, ...

I share the worries of foreverbb as my son is going to a international school soon.

I believe family is the first frontier of the value system. People just can't put the blame on the school and the society. If parents just don't care about teaching the right values to the children, trying to know whom they make friends with, or understand the motive of the children's acts, how can you expect the kid to stay on the right path?

We are now forgetting kids are just kids, they are not born with a pre-set mind about what's right and wrong. They need guidance from parents, family and teachers.

Agree that local school system is still having a stronger sense of morality (who is "good", who is "naughty"), however that doesn't mean those who are in local schools are safe just like in a castle.

Turn a blind eye on reality (sex, drugs, greed to money, selfishness) is not the solution, the recent news proved that the reality haunts much quicker than you think.

3#
發表於 09-6-22 13:49 |只看該作者
Foreverbb,
If you do believe your relatives' objections , stop and think twice.
However, if you think something is good for your kid, experience it yourself and then persuade those relatives who had objections. Ignore those unwilling to listen your explanations.
Of course, if the result is not satifactory, think about going back to local system.
(BTW, who pay the tuition fee? Aunties or Uncles?
On-lookers will be digging any reasons and keeping saying something no matter what the result will be. Who care?)
As Ramama said, family/parents are responsible to the value system. Don't leave it to the school (neither local school nor IS school). Of course, not your "Talk Only" relatives.

4#
發表於 09-6-22 15:43 |只看該作者
there is nothing you can get hold from both sides of the world at one time. For disclipine, I think don't let the school handle it, no matter local or IS. Handle it by yourselves, easiest way (but actually not easy unless you can really do it for long time) is please talk more to your kid, make them as you friends, not son or daughter. Then they will tell you more and you will know what happen. Drug and smoking problem happened in all schools, not only IS. Only you can save your own kid, teach them what is right or wrong. Without a good family, any kid in a good school may still become a naughty kid somehow, so DIY!

5#
發表於 09-6-22 17:02 |只看該作者

I think the most important point is that being the parents, you should have confidence to guide your child in a right way.
Don't be afraid of making any decisions when facing problems about your child.
Try to communicate with your family well. They are all your supporters.

6#
發表於 09-6-22 17:38 |只看該作者
Come on, do u know how many kids smoking from local school? Not much different from ISs. I was from famous local school and went to Australia after F.4. when I was in HK High school, I together with many friends swear, bet, smoke....you name it, we did it. But we still all completed our tert studies and some of us are doctors and professionals. Just bear in mind we really can't do much except treating our childs as friends. I hate to talk about the difference between ISs and local school. They are all same to me.

7#
發表於 09-6-22 17:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 09-6-22 18:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 623761 於 09-6-22 17:02 發表
I think the most important point is that being the parents, you should have confidence to guide your child in a right way.
Don't be afraid of making any decisions when facing problems about your child ...

Couldn't agree more. We need to have confidence with ourselves as parents, and also with our children.

9#
發表於 09-6-22 19:17 |只看該作者
我認識不少國際學校學生,他們的日常表現,我會用敢言而行為不放縱來形容。這群學生,我還認識部份的家長。學生的良好行為,和嚴謹的家教有著密切的關係,而他們的敢言,則總體上來自學校的教育。

另外一些的家長我不大熟識,我對這些學生的第一眼印象的確有點保留,不過,回想我在美國工幹的一段時間,那裏的學生跟這些國際學校學生亦沒有大分別。他們玩得極度投入,而以國際學校的學術要求來說,學習絶不苟且。

當然有一小綴是我不能接受。

以我的個人見解,如果你擔心子女的行為,第一應該認真檢討家教的配合,第二應該考慮自己能否接受外國的那一種模式。

原帖由 foreverbb 於 09-6-20 17:42 發表

他們反對的原因是國際學校的學生大放縱,擔心他長大後會出現種種行為問題(包括吸毒),這點我也有擔心,就算是吸煙也不能接受,但近日的吸毒事件, ...

10#
發表於 09-6-22 19:47 |只看該作者
非常多謝你們的回應!

我和老公一向很重視德育,因此我們一定會為此而努力!

現在,我和孩子應要歡喜地迎接國際學校的生活,起碼在未來的日子,我不用被不完的默書,測驗,考試......破壞我們的親子關係!

11#
發表於 09-6-22 19:48 |只看該作者
foreverb,
Even YOU yourself can clearly list out all the good reasons for sending your kid to an international school.  
So why bother about your relatives' comments.  I have encountered numerous parents commenting on the discipline of IS kids.  Those who hold the view that  IS kids are "放縱" don't even have relatives or close friends who send their children to IS.  Their impression of IS kids are purely hearsay or simply out of their imagination.  I will never hold the school responsible for drug problems.  Family certainly has a greater influence on a child.

12#
發表於 09-6-22 23:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-6-22 17:40 發表
Both my wife and I came from local schools. My boy had studied in a local school before. I know the local education system very well. However, when I had switched my boy to IS, I noticed the great dif ...

I'm not challenging u, but it is really one of your best,and objective comment i have even seen amongst your speech in this forum.

13#
發表於 09-6-23 09:21 |只看該作者
Couldn't agree more with wisekid2007.

Studying in IS helps solving problems for working parents like us. But it does not mean that we can rely solely on the school.

In fact, the school would also involve parents in your kids's study from time to time.

My child needs to prepare a "student-led conference" twice every year to tell teh parents what they did at school. The sudden closure of primary schools disrupted the schedule and the school recommended the conference be held at home.

I was impressed by my kid's efforts in putting up the conference after we gave her guidance according to the guidelines prepared by the school. You also locked herself up inside the study to rehearse before letting us in to listen.

I quote this example is to illustrate how a kid was nurtured by IS to be confident and independent in taking up challenges and present his/her ideas clearly.

I have no experience with local school but my kid's playmate has to sit for 4 exams every year!

wisekid2007, pls check pm
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-6-22 17:40 發表
Both my wife and I came from local schools. My boy had studied in a local school before. I know the local education system very well. However, when I had switched my boy to IS, I noticed the great dif ...

14#
發表於 09-6-23 15:58 |只看該作者

OK

OK.THIS IS VERY GOOD.ARE YOU READY.

15#
發表於 09-6-24 11:18 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 09-6-24 20:36 |只看該作者
Really amazing

17#
發表於 09-6-25 00:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-6-24 11:18 發表
Maybe I can share some of the typical works that an IS student will come across so that you may have a glimpse on how an IS education looks like.

During the current suspension of classes for kinder a ...

How old is your boy? His work is great.

18#
發表於 09-6-25 09:21 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 09-6-25 10:04 |只看該作者
wisekid2007,
Just sent you a PM.

20#
發表於 09-6-29 12:29 |只看該作者
wisekid2007's child is probably one of the brightest one.
I think to consider whether you want to choose international school, the only thing you need to consider is whether you are willing to fit in.
A lot of parents I know complain of this and that (eg. poor chinese, no/few homework). I think parents should understand how international school teach children. Parents should forget what other children are doing in local schools.
I can promise you that if you are with a good international school, your child would be ahead of other children of the same age by the he/she leave primary school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題