密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 培僑書院 可以談談培僑與國際學校的異同嗎?
樓主: 小謙伯伯
go

可以談談培僑與國際學校的異同嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-7-3 17:58 |只看該作者
also, I want to say I know some parents may think the school are too loose and the students are too happy and only have fun.. what I experience is the school do have high expectation from parents in aiding ( or guiding ) the learning of their children, the homework load is not really relaxing.  Sometimes it is 'much more' than I originally expected.  However, these homework are usually task-orientated and those extended work that I think the teachers want to re-inforce the students instead of blindly copying.

22#
發表於 09-7-3 21:36 |只看該作者
Next year will be the last HKCEE.

原帖由 goldenbaby 於 09-7-3 11:51 發表

Do you mean 3/3/4? when will only one public exam in Form 6???

23#
發表於 09-7-6 14:53 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 09-7-7 09:52 |只看該作者
Hi, Goldenbaby,
As we ( and most of his classmates ) are living not close to the school, my boy seldom join the ECA organised by school. However, what we learnt from the leaflets of these ECA, if for sport programme, most of these are trained by professional trainer ( you know the 前国家隊 member ) which I think the standard is not questionnable.  If you are living close to the school, I think it is worth to join for sure.

25#
發表於 09-7-7 10:09 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 09-7-7 10:57 |只看該作者
Hi, Goldenbaby,
My comment of these ECA :
- Visual Art.  To me, I am very satifactory of this scope and depth of this subject, it's include eastern and western art basic skill training and.  In fact, I have cut the original drawing class for my son starting from P2 as I found what the school provided are even better.
- Sport.  To me, the training by school is very basic and he had attained the basic skills of physical education.  I still put my son to other sport team during weekend for an extra training as myself believe SPORTMANSHIP ( especially team sport ) is VERY important for developing one's personality.
- Music.  Quite like to sport, the training provided by school is very basic and also they give an opportunity for the students to expose to different musical instrument.  I know starting from P3, every student then require to pick an musical instrument as lifelong learning.
- Social Development. This is one of the subject my boy like most.. The coverage of this subject is very wide.  From planting, cooking, social work participiation, excursion etc.  I hardly found any other ECA provided by other centre could provides such wide scope of learning.

My comments are all these ECA provided by school very fundamental and basic where should meet most of the parent's expectation.  The quality of these classes is good as they are 專科專教.  However, whether the parent would like to focus for a specific area depends on the parents own requirement/expectation as well as the children area of talent which are different from one to one.

Hope I answer your questions.

27#
發表於 09-7-7 11:33 |只看該作者

28#
發表於 09-7-7 11:42 |只看該作者
You are welcome.
Yes, my boy like the school very much.  As the school life is so content-rich, he is very 'tired' afterschool every day as he is so focus in learning in fun but really not relaxing way.  Therefore, I don't put him to any other afterschool activities ( except weekend ) as he is really 'exhaused'.  After finish his homework every day, he prefer reading in those rest time at home.
FYI, my younger son will also start G1 in coming Sept as I hardly find other school that meet 'our' family expectation.  Hope your daughter will get in soon.

29#
發表於 09-7-7 12:13 |只看該作者
Dear Natelie,
Thanks for your detail explannation of the ECA. My daughter will start her G.1 soon and I am anxiously  waiting to see how much she enjoys her school life!
原帖由 natelie 於 09-7-7 10:57 發表
Hi, Goldenbaby,
My comment of these ECA :
- Visual Art.  To me, I am very satifactory of this scope and depth of this subject, it's include eastern and western art basic skill training and.  In fact,  ...

30#
發表於 09-7-9 10:34 |只看該作者
Dear Natalie,
Thank you for sharing. My daughter will be in G1 this Aug. I also found Pui Kiu suits the needs of our family. The school visions & approaches meets our expectation.

My daughter is a rather shy & "slow to warm up" girl. Lokking forward she can get build her confident when she starts her school life in Pui Kiu.

jychan
‹ 上一主題|下一主題