搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Solution to Mui Wo Drug Treatment delimma
發新帖
查看: 1004|回覆: 7
go

Solution to Mui Wo Drug Treatment delimma [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-18 18:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
The local expatriates of Mui Wo has been asking the educational bureau to set up a bi-lingual or international school at the present Mui Wo school site for several years.  They ran a sign-in campaign at Mui Wo piers to petition for the use of this school shortly after the ED sacked the secondary school.  So, they have a very high hope that the government will listen to them.

All of a sudden, the government just announced giving the Mui Wo school to an outside body without even conselling them in the first place.  They are rightfully to be mad.  

The solution for the situation is to set up a local and international English streams by combining the Mui Wo primary school and setting up the new international stream with Englihs as the medium of exchange.  This school will include primary and secondary sections on site to satisfy the demand from the local and expatriates' needs.  

At the same time, the drug treatment center can use the existing Mui Wo Primary School site as for residential use while the kids can go to this newly set up school for education.  That can separate the  drug treatment function and education into 2 places.  The kids will not be stimatized by being a drug treatment center.  

By having the English as the medium of communciation in the international stream, that will enhance the overall language proficiency of the two streams.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-6-18 18:39 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-18 22:38 |只看該作者
You should send this proposal to Mr. Suen of EDB and see what he will say....

3#
發表於 09-6-19 12:34 |只看該作者
Thanks.  I am going to talk to one of the school manager of Tsing Sun College or Drug Treatment Center about my proposal today to see whether it works.  

In fact, one school manager has raised doubt about whether it is a correct way to have a permanent set up for a school for Tsing Sun.  

Drug treatment should be a separate issue that should not be combined with schooling unless this is a confined prison type of environment where the inmates cannot go outside the compound.  If the kids of Tsing Sun can go to regular schools while receiving the treatment from Tsing Sun Drug Treatment Center, that would be the best of both worlds.

p.s. I just copied and pasted and send it to Mr. Suen via email.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-6-19 12:46 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-6-19 13:38 |只看該作者
本局現確認收到你的電郵。你的電郵會轉至有關負責人處理/回覆。

(以上訊息由自動回覆系統發出)

香港特別行政區  教育局謹覆

5#
發表於 09-6-19 13:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-6-19 12:34 發表
Thanks.  I am going to talk to one of the school manager of Tsing Sun College or Drug Treatment Center about my proposal today to see whether it works.  

In fact, one school manager has raised doubt  ...

I do appreciate your enthusiasticism, no matter u are a Mui Woo resident or not.
I will be glad if you can keep updating the progress here, if any.

6#
發表於 09-6-21 09:26 |只看該作者
It's great that HK ppl acknowledge the achievement of "正生".

It's also great that someone outside the Mui Wo care about their needs.

Facebook now has gathered more than 60,000 ppl supporting "正生" moving to Mui Wo 南約校舍. Most of these ppl don't simply ignore the need of Mui Woo residents but they got the following questions in mind (copied from sharing of a member in the facebook gp):

"點解到現在為止都沒有可以告訴我,為何我們的社會要為
了如此小數目的學生(梅窩小學:160人,南大嶼山升中
學生:50人)而大費金錢來投資呢?

另我亦想請問,梅窩的人口增長是正還是負?而人口年齡分
布是高齡人口(60以上)多些還是二十至四十這年齡階層
的人多些?

另我亦想知道"梅窩消防局旁幾萬平方呎空地"的業權誰屬
?是官地還是私人的?

為何要正生先遷入只有六個課室的梅窩小學?你有否考慮正
生是一家寄宿學校?

要是南約校舍真的發展成一條龍學校,在可見的未來是否可
以收取足夠學生報讀?要是收生持續不足,你們是否會要求
政府繼續不問條件的支持?還是你們自己社區會集資營運那
一條龍學校?

為何社會要撥額外資源來應付一些選擇居於偏遠地區的人的
需要?為何你們閒居於低密度地區的人不搬回市區來獲取你
們想要的資源?要是你說市區樓價貴負擔不了,那我想請問
那些居於深水步,觀塘內的板間房,天台屋,床位的人難道
又負擔得起了嗎?"

My personal comment is:
as a responsible parents, we shouldn't, owing to going to a famous school, let the kids travel for a long time every day.

Isn't our kids' need more important than our needs?

For local expatriates of Mui Wo, I sincerely recommend them to consider moving to Discovery Bay where they can ve int'l school support w/o the need to travel.

[ 本帖最後由 bakusensei 於 09-6-21 15:03 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 09-6-21 15:24 |只看該作者
Apart from the question that whether the number of kids in Mui Wo entitled to have a secondary school [Mindful that Mui Wo and Tung Chung are being grouped together under Net NT9 (Islands) and "netting arrangements are made basing on the supply and demand of school places in all districts, as well as the principle of vicinity and the advice given by the Secondary School Places Allocation Committee in the consultation meeting. "
(http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/Content_1579/q&a-web_e_schnet_090421.pdf)], we may wish to consider that if the school is an aided/gov't school, whether the kids in Mui Wo are "qualified" to have allocated to have a school which can use English as the medium of instruction(MOI) because under the new policy of fine-tuning of MOI, "should the school decide to devise its MOI strategy on the basis of “by class” arrangement, the school will have to take into account whether they could satisfy the “student ability” criterion, i.e. the average proportion of S1 intake of a
school admitted to a class belonging to the “top 40%” group in the previous two years under a six-year review cycle
reaches
85% of the size of a class
". (http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/Content_7372/legco%20brief%20finetuning%20moi%20_e_%20on%20290509_final.pdf)

8#
發表於 09-6-21 15:46 |只看該作者
and most importantly, we don't ve time to wait for building another school.

山坡滲水塌泥先兆 工程師籲正生急搬
【明報專訊】大嶼山芝麻灣正生書院依山而建,學生頭上大
山常年滾下巨石,有反對遷校梅窩者指修葺可解決問題。但
兩名無國界工程師昨日前往視察,卻指學校多處山坡斜度達
60至70度,是政府30度安全標準的一倍,每到雨季便
會有山體滑坡、巨石飛滾的危機,維修需時之長無法估計,
「政府應盡快安排學校搬走,毋須等到搞出人命也可證實這
裏危險!」

豎牌警告 「政府明知危險」
無國界工程師主席黎廣德與土木及結構工程師蘇耀坤,昨午
在正生書院校長陳兆焯陪同下前往該校視察,甫落船便經過
一處山泥傾瀉的「遺址」,兩人又發現女生宿舍、男生宿舍