用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 victoria VS Right mind ????
發新帖
查看: 3962|回覆: 11
go

victoria VS Right mind ???? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-10 14:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
各位媽咪:我見我的妹妹很頭痛,想問下大家意見:佢的囝囝有兩間收了今年讀N1,不知怎麼選擇.
1) Victoria in CWB:
     pm class only; 遠自己屋企
2) Right Mind in 海治:
    am class;近自己屋企

thanks a lot!!!!!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-10 14:25 |只看該作者
Victoria!!!

3#
發表於 09-6-10 15:26 |只看該作者
Victoria la

[ 本帖最後由 fishmaruko 於 09-6-10 17:28 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-6-10 15:33 |只看該作者
下...我選RIGHTMIND噃......因為....我自己小朋友都係RIGHTMIND讀.....
我當時都有報VICTORIA, 但最後都冇去考...
其實都係個人選舉, 各有各的優點/缺點....睇下你想要D咩囉....

5#
發表於 09-6-10 16:56 |只看該作者
thanks so much!!!!!
我估做家長多數想小朋友返a.m. class的.

6#
發表於 09-6-10 17:30 |只看該作者
其實上午班係好些, 但如果另一間想讀或好些的學校收左下午班,我會讀另一間, 不會因為上午班而選校.

至於那一間好d, 就要睇下你自己如何睇啦, 因為每人的看法都不同.

原帖由 honey4u4m 於 09-6-10 16:56 發表
thanks so much!!!!!
我估做家長多數想小朋友返a.m. class的.

7#
發表於 09-6-10 17:59 |只看該作者
I would choose Victoria, as it is more all rounded and it has a better name than Rightmind. (Why dosen't your sister choose Victoria in South Horizon which would be closer to her home?)

As for Rightmind, I was told that quite a no of people in the traditional education field don't buy the concept of flashcards. So, I think Victoria's students may have a slight edge over Rightmind's students when it comes to P1 application.

Isaacmommy

8#
發表於 09-6-11 19:11 |只看該作者
多謝各位媽咪回覆!
我細妹之所以報Victoria (CWB) 因為它有Trilingual class (Eng+Putonghua+Cantonese), 但Victoria (South Horizons)只得(Eng + Cantonese) class。

由於我哋對Rightmind kindergarten 不是太熟。所以頭痛, 唔知点决定。希望大家媽咪俾啲意見。

9#
發表於 09-6-11 22:56 |只看該作者
我聽過有教育經驗既朋友講Victoria好d (最好係CWB果間), 起碼有歷史, 有口卑, 佢地all-round出名, 特別係語言環境同訓練思考呀!

原帖由 honey4u4m 於 09-6-11 19:11 發表
多謝各位媽咪回覆!
我細妹之所以報Victoria (CWB) 因為它有Trilingual class (Eng+Putonghua+Cantonese), 但Victoria (South Horizons)只得(Eng + Cantonese) class。

由於我哋對Rightmind kindergarten 不是太熟 ...

10#
發表於 09-6-11 23:47 |只看該作者
個人對Rightmind既感覺係only focus on 一d好"measurable"既野, 好似認得幾多/幾深既字(有d家長好鍾意小朋友好似識好多野咁), 自己就對flashcard好有保留. 小朋友返學, 除左呢d"visible"既野之外, 仲有好多野, 我唔會揀佢, 亦都唔覺得victoria既語言環境/辦學經驗會差過Rightmind.

11#
發表於 09-6-12 10:12 |只看該作者
before 6 years old, the most important is to develop their "thinking" and "interest to learn",
not focus on 操練

Rightmind seems more foucs on to make the kids know many words by flash cards, if thinking is not trained well, seems not useful even they know10,000 words.

Victoria should be more balance as they stress to learn from playing, to encourage their interest to learn, kids 不知不覺就會學到Phonics and other knowledges and thinking and creativity.

one more point to consider is the "difficulty to enter", if the one school is more difficult to enter than the other one, it implies that that school is better. Seems right mind enter withouth interview.

if you have friends who are teachers, you can ask for their advice as they know more on the teaching method. and you can also understand more on these two school's mission first, see which one you buy, it's just a subjective feeling

12#
發表於 09-6-23 02:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 honey4u4m 於 09-6-10 14:22 發表
各位媽咪:我見我的妹妹很頭痛,想問下大家意見:佢的囝囝有兩間收了今年讀N1,不知怎麼選擇.
1) Victoria in CWB:
     pm class only; 遠自己屋企
2) Right Mind in 海治:
    am class;近自己屋企

thanks a lot!!!!!! ...

Dear honey4u4m,

First of all, I have to declare that my kid has been with Rightmind since pre-nursery (i.e. for 2 years old).  He is almost 4 now.  When he was 3.5 years old, he could read Oxford Reading Tree Stages 7 or 8 and virtually he would like to try pronouncing English words with his phonics skills.  His ability in reading Chinese is also impressive.  He has no problem in communicating with Putonghua-speaking people.

RM has helped cultivate a reading interest in books.

For Victoria in South Horizons, I'm sure they have Eng/PTH K1 curriculum (but not sure for PN class).  However, I know some K2 Victoria students switch to study at RM because the their parents do not feel Victoria is academically up to their expectation.

The flash card method may not suit every young kid equally and may produce different results on them.  However, I believe this holds true for any other method, including the play-oriented approach adopted by Victoria.

As a parent, I observe that the kids lead a happy life at RM.  Definitely, my kid goes to school happily.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題