教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St. Mary's or PLKCKY?
樓主: mimia810
go

St. Mary's or PLKCKY? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-6-17 16:50 |只看該作者
同意!  真係好想知!!!

原帖由 Homade 於 09-6-17 16:37 發表

人地list得咁清楚,重講得出學校嘅測考次數,你又話你自己清楚,但又講得咁片面,咁你提到嘅:「其實你其餘提既學校, 有D既測考、默書都已比前輕鬆得多, 唔好老係攞住本老皇歷呢講啦!」
我都想知究竟輕鬆成點呢,俾d實質嘢嚟睇 ...

62#
發表於 09-6-17 17:14 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

63#
發表於 09-6-17 17:55 |只看該作者
我都好想知呀!

原帖由 mui123 於 09-6-17 15:31 發表
我都好想知有邊間學校語境好, 程度高. 初小功課最好不多於1.5小時可完成. 功課少抄寫, 多思考. 學校閱讀氣氛濃. 加埋唔駛交學費????

64#
發表於 09-6-17 18:18 |只看該作者
我也同意根本是兩種不同的東西, 其實是爭拗不來. 也沒有結果的. 一間是學費不便宜. 一間是津貼名校. 一間是傳統. 一間是活動教學. 兩條出路似乎很不同. 不要傷和氣吧. 因為已經似針對人而不是針對事了.

65#
發表於 09-6-17 18:21 |只看該作者
我想如果你想要晒你地所要求的就真係好難啦:

"我都好想知有邊間學校語境好, 程度高. 初小功課最好不多於1.5小時可完成. 功課少抄寫, 多思考. 學校閱讀氣氛濃. 加埋唔駛交學費???? "

語竟好 -> 現在部份直資同私立小學都能做到
          -> 一些舊而傳統的學校,他們有自己的閱讀氣氛,
              這樣都能營造好的語竟

程度高 -> 見仁見智,點為之高呢?

初小功課最好不多於1.5小時可完成 -> 這樣好 depends on 你小朋友做功課的速度同專唔專心

功課少抄寫, 多思考 -> 我想一寫直資同私立小學會做得到,一般傳統學校都避不開抄寫

學校閱讀氣氛濃 -> 以上都提及過

加埋唔駛交學費 -> 咁就真係好難有啦。如果你真係想要晒以上所有野,我諗你真係要揀一寫直資或私校啦,如果你係選舉 St. Mary's 或 CKY 的話,我想 CKY is definitely your choice.

希望我地意見可以幫到你啦 ^.^

66#
發表於 09-6-17 18:56 |只看該作者

67#
發表於 09-6-17 19:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 Reximom 於 09-6-17 18:56 發表

都話你攞住本老皇歷呢講架啦, 依家我係講DBSPD, 唔係DPS!

你好似一直都冇提過DBSPD喎,你只係講過:
依家有d傳統名校都唔係幾測幾考、每周有著各項默書的那種, 我有朋友讀緊既有Marymount, DPSPD, 都讀得好輕鬆, 咁佢地仲算唔算你定義上既傳統學校呢?
依家你又講到DBSPD,真係唔明你咩意思。

68#
發表於 09-6-17 21:33 |只看該作者
其實樓主所講嘅兩間學校都係好學校,不過學校嘅Style就大大唔同,除左收集各位家長嘅意見之外,應該要自己上去學校網頁,了解吓學校嘅教育理念同方向,重要親身同囝囡到學校視察,了解學校嘅地理位置,週邊嘅環境,觀察學生嘅行為,從而體驗那間學校嘅學園生活。
咁樣做決定時,就可以因應自己嘅囝囡適合邊種學校環境、邊種教學方法,邊種學生能融合自己嘅囝囡,種種因素逐一考慮。
其次再考慮自己嘅經濟能力,自己培育囝囡嘅方法能夠配合那間學校嘅教育方針同理念,我相信樓主集思廣益之後,一定會搵到自己心裡邊嘅答案。

69#
發表於 09-6-17 21:45 |只看該作者
st mary's 是全年 0測2考.
黙書是1個月2次中文及英文.
功課高小都可以1小時內完成.
加埋電腦功課1.5小時內完成.

[ 本帖最後由 yinyin 於 09-6-18 11:36 編輯 ]

70#
發表於 09-6-18 10:30 |只看該作者
St. Paul Catholic – 每學期21考。測驗是1周測1科,有足夠時間預備,亦可學而時習之。

小一通常3-4份功課 (已包括改正)
小三通常5份功課 (已包括改正)
更通常的是放學前已完成了大半。
工作紙很多,是堂課,非家課。

油天、華仁小五通常5份功課,1.5小時完成。

適當壓力有助成長,以我個人愚見,St. Mary已結龍,校方以12 (小學 + 中學) 教育學生,無需揠苗助長,催谷小六生以増中學派位勝算,更可給小朋友適當的教育及空間,不是更好嗎?至於壓力大,既然是小朋友可以應付的水平,家長不用太擔心的。如有幸得入 St. Mary,別輕易放棄啊!

原帖由 yinyin 於 09-6-17 21:45 發表
st mary's 是 0測2考.
黙書是1個月2次中文及英文.
功課高小都可以1小時內完成.
加埋電腦功課1.5小時內完成.

71#
發表於 09-6-18 14:04 |只看該作者
While I'm a CKY parent, I know quite some alumni from St Mary's.  I'm most impressed by their characters: disciplined and hardworking.  St Mary's got the name and talents, and is definitely one of the dream schools for girls.  But mind those lucky parents that it's just the beginning.  If your kid is very disciplined, a little brainy and is on 'auto' gear all the time, she would make it in any school anyway!

However, if your girl doesn't happen to be like that, even if you 'only' want her to be an 'average' St Mary's girl, it doesn't mean you can loosen up.  In fact, I expect much pressure will be on the parents (especially so if your kid is of a couldn't-care-less type) to push the girl just to squeeze into the average band (say, the middle 30-70%) on a weekly, if not daily, basis.  The point is, for schools of such a high standard, the 'average' requirements are not average at all.

Sure if you just aim for the bottom 10%, that's another story.

The CKY approach is a bit different, the assessment is ongoing and parents seldom know the dates of dictations, lessening the home preparation time 'just' for the dictation of the following day.  Up till now, I still consider the assessment system is fair, ie, it does assess the general knowledge learnt instead of the kid's RAM for short-term memories.  Agree or not, learning at CKY is learning for learning's sake, and is not tailored to a scoring system.

Generally speaking, it's comparatively easier for a kid to settle in (better still, enjoy) the learning style at CKY.  But the school fee IS a big issue.  Once you're in, it's not easy to revert to the local system 3 or 4 years later.

If you are a bit indecisive, St Mary's is definitely a safer bet.

72#
發表於 09-6-18 16:24 |只看該作者
Hihi everyone,
I've been very busy these days and disappeared for few days.  Just checked the posts and found a lot of response.  Thank you so much for all your valuable input but as a summary, I fiinally chose St. Mary's and already sent the letter to CKY to release the seat to other candidates.
Surly there are pros and cons of the two schools which both have very good reputations.  Thats what I'd struggled for.  Major reasons that chosen St. Mary's 'coz
1) location since its just walking distance to my home
2) both my daughter and myself are catholic and I already have plan to enrol the sunday school of St. Mary's for my daughter in the coming Sep no matter we could have gotten a seat there
3) flexible both financially and future path

I am not too worry about my daughter's language skills at the moment since my whole family could speak English and Mandarin fluently and we could keep the multi-language environment at home.  And she's used to have native speaking private tutor as well.  So actually she could express herself better in English than in Cantonese now.

Both my husband and I like CKY very much since we don't encourage force learning.  We just want a happy, brave, creative, adventurous and healthy daughter.  Both of us are working for creative aspects, my husband is music and myself is arts.  Thats why we really hope she would be a very creative person too.  We always travel with her and she almost travel around the world, at least more than 15 countries/ cities.  However, both of us are not young and afraid that we couldn't maintain the same living standard for such a long time if any of us couldn't work.  I will try my best to influence her to achieve a more internationally thinking child.

Thanks again for all your input and I'm sure it shall not be a mistake if we follow our God.

God bless you all!
mimia

73#
發表於 09-6-18 16:31 |只看該作者
You're so considerate, as I know there are many siblings still awaiting for seats.  

原帖由 mimia810 於 09-6-18 16:24 發表
Hihi everyone,
I've been very busy these days and disappeared for few days.  Just checked the posts and found a lot of response.  Thank you so much for all your valuable input but as a summary, I fiin ...

74#
發表於 09-6-18 22:24 |只看該作者
St Mary's  是津校, 每年只需要支付hk$400冷氣費, 連很多學校要支付的每年幾千元的堂費也是沒有的, 因此資源上不會充足.

學校有110年歷史, 因此行政上教學上是很有系統的.
近年已改用活動教學, 也會安排去海洋公園上課, 去參觀科學館, 歷史博物館, 在九龍公園上課, 去尖東街頭訪問遊客, 參加奧運圖點聖火啦啦隊, .......因此課程也是輕鬆了很多, 但學校也是很有要求, 對於考試, grammer 串字, 數學格式, 字體不清楚扣分是很嚴格.至於課程, 雖然是中文學校, 英文用longman 高一級的書, 有英文教的science and geography, 因此學校其實是一間注重英文的中文學校.

75#
發表於 09-6-18 23:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 baba_mama 於 09-6-17 18:21 發表
我想如果你想要晒你地所要求的就真係好難啦:

"我都好想知有邊間學校語境好, 程度高. 初小功課最好不多於1.5小時可完成. 功課少抄寫, 多思考. 學校閱讀氣氛濃. 加埋唔駛交學費???? "

語竟好 -> 現在部份直資同私立 ...

Good and useful.

76#
發表於 09-7-4 09:00 |只看該作者
Hi
We have been spot readers until we find an identical couple - mimia810.
catholic, walking distance from SM, choice between CKY and SM, working couples...

We originally made up our mind for CKY; however, there's a reason that we need to reconsider again.  We would like to know more about SM, has it been changed more towards interactive system? Would you think it requires the whole family to stay home the whole week for "marks" and "study"? Family relationship is tied for this?

Our girl was brought up from a traditional (sort of famous) kindergarten.  We experienced some senses of study pressure and straight requirement and that partly drove us for the choice of CKY.  We are not sure if SM would have more breathing space, especially someone mentioned that they give more patience and time for primary students since they are train-through to secondary.

Please share your thoughts, thanks.

77#
發表於 09-7-4 12:53 |只看該作者

78#
發表於 09-7-4 23:24 |只看該作者
Hi bobol
May I know what grade your girl is in? From what grade you think starting to be difficult? Thanks.

79#
發表於 09-7-6 13:39 |只看該作者

回覆 1# NicoleYK 的文章

Hi Nicole,
Pls pm your contact to me and we can discuss more...
mimia
‹ 上一主題|下一主題