密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Woodlands Montessori (Mid-Levels) vs IMS
查看: 6096|回覆: 23
go

Woodlands Montessori (Mid-Levels) vs IMS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-4 23:34 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am looking for playgroup for my little boy. I like the Montessori methodology that I think this is good for my baby.

My hubby and I paid school visit to both today. The feeling is Woodland is less spacious (but it has a little playground). the teachers are nice and the playgroup program has been established for sometime in Woodland. While IMS is more spacious and well-equipped with Montessori materials. but it's after school, so cannot see how the teachers and children do in the class.

Between Woodlands Montessori (Mid-Levels) and IMS, which one is better ?

I am just looking for playgroup for now. Will probably put my baby back to some English traditional kindergarten. Before then, wanna to inspire my baby thru Montessori principles.

Any comment ?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-5 04:14 |只看該作者
how old is your son now? I will put mine at woodland mid levels later. Let's share more.

3#
發表於 09-6-5 10:59 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 09-6-6 00:19 |只看該作者
My son is 8.5 month old. I am a full-time mammy - with long working hours. Most of the time is him and the helper. He is quite afraid of people esp when we brings him to friends or my young sister flat at weekend, he always cries !

I'd like to get him to use to more social activities. Of c'oz the ideal case is to learn something say language, thinking and be independent.

I actually want to send him to playgroup earlier. But woodland mid-level only accept 18 month old.

How about your children ? Do they like Woodland Mid-level ? What do your children learn in the school ?

BTW, is there any different among different woodland ? What is CDB ?

5#
發表於 09-6-6 00:22 |只看該作者
BTW, since my son is born in Sep, when he is 18 month old, it's 2nd or 3rd term of the school. Does it mean he can start school only in the next year (when he is already 2 year old ?!)

How possibly will he get a seat (and by when) if I apply today ?

Thanks !

6#
發表於 09-6-6 01:25 |只看該作者
just wondering what IMS is..
My babe is 10-month and we're living in central/West district too.:)

7#
發表於 09-6-6 14:11 |只看該作者
International Montessori School.

But as wootaitai said, looks like there are some bad comments on IMS.

Now I need to to further more research on any Montessori playgroup. I think Woodland Montessori may be good as it has been established for quite some time ? But wanna to have more to compare ... and wanna to hear more about feedback from Woodland Montessori (Mid-Level) ...

8#
發表於 09-6-6 23:24 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 09-6-7 00:20 |只看該作者
Thanks wootaitai.

Where is Kindermusik ?

Which Woodland and Victoria did your daughter go to (I am always wondering if it will be different even among Woodland or among Victoria) ? What are the difference between Woodland and Victoria. and which one do you think is better ?

BTW, do you plan to put your daughter to IS or traditional kindergarten ? I am worried if my son will be difficulty when going to traditional Kinder if he starts with international playgroup.

10#
發表於 09-6-7 01:03 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 09-6-7 07:12 |只看該作者
how about icms in tin hau, any comments?

12#
發表於 09-6-7 17:43 |只看該作者
Thanks v much Wootaitai. I also applied Victoria Harbour Height and Woodland in Caine Road for my son. I thought my son can start Vic once he can walk (that's what the admin lady told my hubby) ?

Now I am relaxed. I think I need to explore more other playgroups (training center) before he can start Vic / Woodland.

13#
發表於 09-6-7 17:44 |只看該作者
Mrs Wonga, I do not know icms. But I think it's Ok in terms of montessori concept. I saw some comments under 家庭教育 section.

[ 本帖最後由 claramui 於 09-6-7 17:46 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-6-9 14:07 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 09-6-9 23:02 |只看該作者
what playgroup in happy valley did you join ? woodland happy valley ?

16#
發表於 09-6-10 00:16 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 09-6-10 09:17 |只看該作者
My daughter is now 19-month old.  She went to Kindermusik since she was 6-month old.  She still goes there every Sat.  She loves the playgroup and I think it is very good.  She reacts to the music and learns to tidy up the toys after playing.  There are a several teachers and I think Monica is the best.  

My daughter also starts going to Woodland Mid-level since Jun 1.  I think it is not bad.  I agree that it is a bit crowded but I think the Montessori concept is good for young children.  There are some routines and my daughter is getting familiar to it.  I saw other kids who have been there for a few months and they are really good in responding to the teacher and doing things by themselves.  

Anyway, my daughter probably will stay there for a few months only and will go to a local kindergarten for PN in December after she is 2-year-old.

18#
發表於 09-6-10 23:12 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 09-6-11 08:52 |只看該作者
As far as I know, Monica only teaches on Saturday morning.  How old is your kid?  But Monica will be on vacation in Jul and Aug.  
For Woodland, you need to pay registration fee of $1000 when you enroll.  For termination, you need to give a 1-month notice.  Students need to pay for 3 to 4 months + deposit at the beginning of the semester.  Children begins playgroup at 18-month old.

Hope this helps.

原帖由 fionafufu 於 09-6-10 23:12 發表
Hi KK101,

I want Kindermusik too, but dont know who is the best, your Monica is stay which centre????  can introduce to me???? Woodland playgroup is pay per month???  if want to quit, just stop the  ...

20#
發表於 09-6-11 12:28 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題