樓主: 牛津
go

入耀中係咪死硬~~~ [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-7-18 12:16 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

82#
發表於 09-7-18 13:07 |只看該作者
Thankful, I am so glad that you pointed this out.  As you are not an ESF parent, so I guess your point of view shld be impartial towards ESF matters.  I am also wondering what ESF had done to Cara in the past, making her hating ESF so much.  In fact, ESF is a group of schools and should not be regarded as 'one' school.  In another thread, she is saying ESF is the worst amongst all international schools.  May be ESF schools are not very good but definitely cant be the worst.  I had 2 daughters graduated from Island school and one went to University of Wales and one is studying in Cambridge.  My yougest daughter is now in its primary.  I would say the school is OK.  If you are lucky, you meet good and caring teachers.  ESF is definitely not the best but cant be the worst one either.   To be fair, I've never seen parents boasting ESF schools being the best so dont know why Cara has to rate it down so much.  Most of the threads about ESF schools are about its primary admission.  They are comparatively cheaper than other international schools and allowances are granted to civil servants too.  So of course, its admission wont be easy but that doesnt mean it is the best school.  Never!!
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

83#
發表於 09-7-18 17:46 |只看該作者

84#
發表於 09-7-19 13:09 |只看該作者
I am certainly not surprised this topic has now branched into a discussion (or argument) whether ESF is good. ESF is a large group, and certainly it is a huge "target".

I agree that we need more data to fairly compare YC with ESF. However, if this year YC has such impressive results, I would like to know how they did it. Are there ways that other schools can learn from them, in order to "push" the results to a much higher level?

In the past, YC have never been good with IBD results and YC have never been good with university placements. However, it would appears that the results this year is so much better now. How did they do it?

85#
發表於 09-7-19 15:25 |只看該作者
After all these, people are still unwilling to accept the simple fact: Yew Chung is better than ESF in the IBD scores.
Whatever Yew Chung has done, they have achieve very good results. At least, better than many other schools, including ESF.
May be we can look at the problem another way.
Why do people still think ESF is good, when in fact Yew Chung alone has better IB results.
And in fact, it is clear that ESF has the worst results.
What still make ESF popular?
Is it only that they are cheapest? And the easiest to get a place (because they are the biggest group that accept MOST students)? And that they are the nosiest? Since they are the biggest group, they have the most parents/families, and therefore they are always the nosiest or they always have the most allies.
I just think these ESF parents are themselves too blind to facts.
You do not have to judge my intention. The most important thing is that ESF is NOT GOOD with their results, yet no ESF parents is willing to admit this.

86#
發表於 09-7-19 17:30 |只看該作者

87#
發表於 09-7-19 20:01 |只看該作者
Thankful, I think Cara's child/children is/are with local schools.  While the title 「入耀中係咪死硬」sounds a bit OTT to me, it is meaningless to compare Yew Chung and ESF.  It is an apple and a pear theory.  I wont be surprised at all if Shatin College does not have a good IB results, coz I dont expect it to be an elite school among IS.  But yet, I dont think ESF schools are so bad as Cara has been saying it.  If she wants to think that way, then let us leave her alone.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

88#
發表於 09-7-19 20:46 |只看該作者

89#
發表於 09-7-20 05:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 Cara2006 於 09-7-19 15:25 發表
After all these, people are still unwilling to accept the simple fact: Yew Chung is better than ESF in the IBD scores.

How is Yew Chung better?  What is the average IB scores of Yew Chung?  What is the average IB scores of SC or KGV?  Have you provided any exact data?  

In a few years ago, I asked Yew Chung for the average IB scores and they told me that it was 28.  So how good is Yew Chung's average IB score this year?

SC's IB average is around 34-35 in the past years, Lee Po Chung's average is around 36.

If you have strong supporting data for your attack, why not state it clearly?

For so many years, you keep on attacking ESF schools and parents without any reasonable grounds, evidence,data or sound personal experiences.  You attack ESF schools in all topics, no matter related or not.  All your claims are empty words.  If you hate ESF so much and spend so much time to badmouth the schools in all topics for so many years, why don't you write to the press or simply write to the CEO of ESF to attack or complain them?  

If your kids are doing so well in their whatever schools, why do you still bother so much about ESF schools which you have no experience with?
Or, they are in fact studying miserably in schools even worse than the "worst" IS you always claim to be?

90#
發表於 09-7-20 09:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 WYmom 於 09-7-20 05:46 發表

In a few years ago, I asked Yew Chung for the average IB scores and they told me that it was 28.  So how good is Yew Chung's average IB score this year?

SC's IB average is around 34-35 in the past years, Lee Po Chung's average is around 36.

I am glad WYmom quoted some of the average scores for reference.

I am interested in knowing the average scores for YC too. The newpaper articles have quoted partial scores of the students of YC. But how about the average?

There are a couple of other things I would like to raise.

May be some parents are not aware yet, but there are students that are NOT getting an IB diploma but instead an IB certificate. Usually, students that are "not suitable" to take the diploma program would be advised or suggested to take a certificate program, which is much less demanding than a diploma program. For more information, visit the IBO website. The main difference would be that there are fewer restrictions on selecting the courses for a certificate program.

Also, even if two persons are both IB diploma students, two person having the same score may not mean they have same qualifications for top tier universities. For example, Higher Level Math and Math Studies are totally different levels of Math. Getting a 6 for the former would definitely mean more than getting a 7 for the latter.

So, we would always also look at the university placement results as reference too.

I do not have the actual data for past years. And it is probably still early to know where all the graduates would go eventually. May be we will have more accurate data after everyone settles down in September.

91#
發表於 09-7-24 11:20 |只看該作者
So funny. People are discussing Yiu Chung. I do not understand why ESF parents are so keen on comparing their schools to other schools. What does ESF results has to do with Yiu Chung?

92#
發表於 09-7-24 12:27 |只看該作者

93#
發表於 09-7-24 13:01 |只看該作者
So any conclusion from you?
YC has better IB scores than ESF.
Can we say YC is better than ESF?
If not, please explain.
I think a lot of parents want to have some conclusive comments.

[ 本帖最後由 Cara2006 於 09-7-24 13:02 編輯 ]

94#
發表於 09-7-24 14:43 |只看該作者

95#
發表於 09-7-24 17:27 |只看該作者
Ha ha. I see.
There are people that avoid infavourable discussions;
and always endlessly coming back to things they want people to believe.
Good.
ESF is the best!

96#
發表於 09-7-24 18:26 |只看該作者

97#
發表於 09-7-25 09:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-24 18:26 發表
Cara2006

Ha ha, I am glad to hear that you feel happier now.  You should have looked into the mirror earlier.  Then you would have known who keeps on avoiding unfavourable discussions all along.  By  ...

Love to see you write.
You yourself have once been very hostile and unfriendly when talking about ESF and have many times argued with ESF parents.
I have been wondering what changed you.

98#
發表於 09-7-25 11:25 |只看該作者

99#
發表於 09-7-25 22:26 |只看該作者
I dont really exactly follow Thankful's replies but I havent seen any of his hostility towards ESF.  On the other hand, Cara is always attacking ESF without any reasoning.  Basically just bad mouthing.  I really think Cara got rejected once or twice when she thought she shld be able to get her child in.  Or, just or, she worked for ESF before and got fired?  Either case, parents who like ESF will try their best to get their children in.  Those who dont like ESF will not even take a look at threads related to ESF.  Sorry Cara, all your 'efforts' wl be wasted.

[ 本帖最後由 Mighty 於 09-7-25 17:30 編輯 ]
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

100#
發表於 09-7-27 16:43 |只看該作者
真係咁差咩??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題