搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF parents, pls share
發新帖
查看: 1823|回覆: 3
go

ESF parents, pls share [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-4 08:59 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
A teacher told me yesterday that the learning attitude of ESF students are not good enough. Some of her students were switched to the local school again after 2~3 years in ESF, for the parents could not bear the bad learning attitude of their children.

Is this a true picture? Personally, I have doubt in this comments as I understand the learning mode is totally different from IS to local school. One can never use the same standard to compare these two kinds of school.

I am now struggling in sending my girl to RC or a DD school. Any ESF parents here can share your experience?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-4 10:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 mother904 於 09-6-4 08:59 發表
A teacher told me yesterday that the learning attitude of ESF students are not good enough. Some of her students were switched to the local school again after 2~3 years in ESF, for the parents could n ...

Are you talking about learning attitude of all ESF students or RC students or some students or a few students?  In any schools, no matter local or international, there are always students learning positively or negatively.  There will be some students switching back to local and there are also a lot switching from local to international.   Learning well or not also depends very much on the teacher and parents.  If the teachers and parents are good and encouraging, the students normally are more motivated to learn.

From my years of experience with kids in regular ESF schools, most kids are developed to be self-motivated and independent.  Some are more active and outspoken, all depends on personal characters.  In upper primaries, students are allocated to different group levels according to their standards.  Of course there will be a few having learning problems, and the schools will arrange special assistance for them.

For RC,  I believe their parents will provide you with more detail opinions.  

Afterall, the main difference of IS vs local schools is:  in local schools, the kids are always comparing and competing with others; in IS, kids are comparing and competing more against their own performance.

3#
發表於 09-6-4 10:04 |只看該作者
To ESF parents:
I onced paid a visit to ESF quarry bay school, and found that the class size was quite big, is it around 35 per class?  Sorry I may forget the correct no., please someone tell me the class size range.  I keep thinking that the class size is as big as local schools.  I'm concerned about the learning effectiveness.  Can anyone please share your observations.

thanks
daisy17772

4#
發表於 09-6-4 10:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 WYmom 於 09-6-4 10:00 發表

Are you talking about learning attitude of all ESF students or RC students or some students or a few students?  

Of curse I am not taking about all ESF students. I just heard some people have these kinds of comment and wish to share the experience with "real " ESF parents rather than taking it as the truth.

I do agree with you that there must be students tend to be "lazy" in every school. Students in IS should not be compared and completed with others as the learning path for every one is different.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題