用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 i suddenly changed my mind, anyone can share?
樓主: 蜜蜜
go

i suddenly changed my mind, anyone can share? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-6-8 17:30 |只看該作者
That's for the data. That's good to know.

I guess I never really considered DC because its just logistically impossible....

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-8 12:31 發表

extract from DC website. ESF kinder students do have priority for interview.
"The Collegeis currently looking at the enrolment of students who have applied forspaces in Year 1 and Year 7 for August. ...

42#
發表於 09-6-8 21:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 siubosiumao 於 09-6-8 17:30 發表
That's for the data. That's good to know.

I guess I never really considered DC because its just logistically impossible....

DC is a also good choice if u are living in West side of Kowloon/NT. Brand new campus...
Even if living inside DB is not so terrible. Life is always give and take...u get some and u lose some. Right?

43#
發表於 09-6-11 11:38 |只看該作者
I also "suddenly changed my mind" too when i have sent my son to KCS for K1 and then I applied KCIS R1 and Korean International School R1.  I got an offer from both school and I chose KIS before I got there offer first and it's a full day program so I think my son's exposure to English will be better.  Most importantly was, when I applied KCIS, they said I was on waiting list and there were 20 people ahead of me waiting for a seat and so when I got an offer from KIS, I paid the deposit.  After that, I got an offer from KCIS, and it was too late.  I heard KCIS is good too.

44#
發表於 09-6-11 20:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 ACIC 於 09-6-11 11:38 發表
I also "suddenly changed my mind" too when i have sent my son to KCS for K1 and then I applied KCIS R1 and Korean International School R1.  I got an offer from both school and I chose KIS before I got ...

Korean international school is it located at quarry bay? do u think it's a good school? 'cos korean international school is one of the other schools that i can afford in primary other than ESF. and it's location is good for us too. how do u comment on this school?

45#
發表於 09-6-15 15:35 |只看該作者
It's located at Lei King Wan.  I can't tell for sure if it's good or not.  But I visited the school once, the staff are very nice, and the school environment is good, facilities are very new.  Most of the students are Koreans and Chinese.  I went there once in the morning and observed the parents and kids before the school starts, most students are brought to school by their mothers or they come by school bus.  They have 1 to 2 class per grade in the English section.  And they also have Korean section.  I have good feelings about this school but I can't find too much information on the internet regarding this school.  Since my husband and I both feel the location, school fees and the environment fulfill our expectation, we decided to put our child there.  And highlights of their program are as follows:
KIS starts Reception at 4, (the Principal said they don't have space to have a kindergarten class),
KIS has Chinese and Korean to choose as second language, but they only have about 3 classes a week,
Their reception class is a full-day program.
We feel that a full-day program is quite a good immersion for our child.  And we also target ESF Primary too, but if our child fail to get admitted by ESF, we plan to have our kid to stay at Korean, as their school fees are affordable by us and the location is very favorable too.  The principal is very nice, so you may call up and see if you can arrange a visit to have a chat with their principal, or even sign up for their summer program and get a taste of how their school life is.  They have summer class for kids from 3 to above.  Hope this information helps.

46#
發表於 09-6-15 15:39 |只看該作者
Just to add a few more words, i.e. as I look at their website, they have a very strict policy regarding discipline, and they also have a range of activities for kids, I feel that the school life there is quite good.  Regarding how to maintain our child's Chinese level, we do flash cards at home with our child and we also let our child to attend Kumon but we intend to have a traditional chinese program.

47#
發表於 09-6-16 13:16 |只看該作者
I see that you are swaying from ESF kindergarten to just any international kindergarten.
And than ESF primary to just any international primary.
I would say that you really need to do more research about the potential target school.
"Just any international school" is not what parents should settle.
The edge of ESF is that they have good track records. Even with their 2 new PIS, although they are new schools, they are so far quite fine because the running of the school is still adopted from the "ESF model".
Parents should not be too deperate and just settle with any school which you hardly know, or even hardly heard of.
I am not say some of the schools suggested by others are not good, but I think you need to get to know more about the school before putting your child in it.
Do not settle with just any school, just because you want an international school so badly.
Good luck.

48#
發表於 09-6-18 03:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 nintendo 於 09-6-16 13:16 發表
I see that you are swaying from ESF kindergarten to just any international kindergarten.
And than ESF primary to just any international primary.
I would say that you really need to do more research ab ...

in fact, in case ESF primary schools not accepting my daughter, my back up is to put her back to SHCS, 'cos i'm an old girl and catholic. which is a very good local school, so definetly, i'll not put my daughter to any internation primary school. however, for kindergarten, as long as she is happy to stay, i think that's enough. going to kindergarten, the most important issue is to let the child to build up his/her own community and to learn how to deal with school life in future. i do not depend on any kindergarten on teaching my daughter any subject, but to teach her the most at home.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題