密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 pls advise: DBSPD vs St. Paul's co-ed
查看: 8404|回覆: 97
go

pls advise: DBSPD vs St. Paul's co-ed [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-30 13:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
my son is a very active boy and he likes all sorts of sports. i want him to maintain his eng standard, so DBS is my preferred option. however, i'm afraid he will participate too many sports and neglect his study there. could any parents share their thoughts with me? thanks for your help.
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-30 18:55 |只看該作者
Have both schools accepted your son? If not, try to apply them first and worry later if they give you offer. The 'competition' for entrance to them is top of HK I guess. GOod luck!

3#
發表於 09-5-30 20:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 melody8 於 09-5-30 13:42 發表
my son is a very active boy and he likes all sorts of sports. i want him to maintain his eng standard, so DBS is my preferred option. however, i'm afraid he will participate too many sports and neglec ...

• Almost all primary schools have many sport activities, not just these two.
  • The degree of participation is controlled by parents, not the child.
  • I agree that you should worry whether your kid can go into either one of them first.
:)

4#
發表於 09-6-1 15:12 |只看該作者
thank you for your advice. luckily, both schools have accepted him and i started to feel the pressure as parents.

you're right. i think i ll spend more time to allocate his activities since he's too small to set priorities. thanks a lot!

5#
發表於 09-6-1 15:58 |只看該作者
Your son is very smart

原帖由 melody8 於 09-6-1 15:12 發表
thank you for your advice. luckily, both schools have accepted him and i started to feel the pressure as parents.

you're right. i think i ll spend more time to allocate his activities since he's too  ...

6#
發表於 09-6-1 16:45 |只看該作者
Both of them are same ranking tier one primary school. I suggested  SPCC if you live in HK island & DBSPD if you live in Kowloon. FYI, parents need to spend more time on kids as it is more demanding in SPCC for acedemic aspect.

原帖由 ysnmama 於 09-6-1 15:58 發表
Your son is very smart

7#
發表於 09-6-1 16:45 |只看該作者
could u pls tell me which kindergarten your son go to? did he join a lot of activities? thanks

8#
發表於 09-6-1 17:39 |只看該作者
he's not smart at all. but he's very talkative & full of confidence.

my son is in CCKG. he is good at english and swimming

[ 本帖最後由 melody8 於 09-6-5 23:24 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 09-6-1 17:46 |只看該作者
these two schools are ranking no#1 school indeed but only my preference i will prefer St. Paul Co-ed

10#
發表於 09-6-1 19:24 |只看該作者
i'm so envy....

can i ask u some more questions? how to join south china athletic association? where do your son learn eng? u must spend lots of time with him.

11#
發表於 09-6-1 23:14 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 09-6-2 09:46 |只看該作者
thanks so much for all your advices. i live in kowloon tong and DBS is actually a closer one.

my husband takes care of his sports while i take care of his eng studies. since my husband is already a member of south china, so our son is not difficult to join their trainings. but i guess it's open to all and it's just a matter of paying the annual fee.

i always read with my son. we're reading the collection of roah dahl now. He's taking an advanced english course outside for his oral and writing. the materials are not easy for him, but he likes to challenge.

13#
發表於 09-6-2 11:33 |只看該作者
hi..  can you also advise us where does your son take the advanced English course?  I am also looking for this kind of course but it seems quite difficult to find a suitable one. Thanks

14#
發表於 09-6-2 11:52 |只看該作者
i'm interested too. my son is studying in kumon and he said it's too boring. can u pm the info to me please?

15#
發表於 09-6-2 13:38 |只看該作者
your son is very smart, can you share your advice?  

Do you have any prize at the competition?

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 09-6-2 14:04 |只看該作者
melody8,

How about the standard of chin lang of your son?

As SPCCPS is a chinese primary school,  it's not easy to catch up chin/GS subject if getting too used to English.

原帖由 melody8 於 09-6-2 09:46 發表
thanks so much for all your advices. i live in kowloon tong and DBS is actually a closer one.

my husband takes care of his sports while i take care of his eng studies. since my husband is already a m ...

17#
發表於 09-6-2 17:55 |只看該作者
he has a gold medal for Eng speech festival and a bronze medal for swimming competition. You're right. His Chinese is not as good as his English.

I maintain a close relationship with his teachers. I always choose the quality of the teacher instead of the learning centre because big and established ones are not necessarily good. And it's his english teacher who advised me to switch to CCKG and develop his interest in swimming.

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 09-6-2 18:10 |只看該作者
Based on the info you provided, I guess DBSPD suits your son better than SPCCPS.

原帖由 melody8 於 09-6-2 17:55 發表
he has a gold medal for Eng speech festival and a bronze medal for swimming competition. You're right. His Chinese is not as good as his English.

I maintain a close relationship with his teachers. I ...

19#
發表於 09-6-4 18:24 |只看該作者
I'm so envy.....

can u share more on the swimming competition? coz I can't find any open competition for 5 year-old kids. Thanks in advance.

I hope I can have similiar problem next year...

原帖由 melody8 於 09-6-2 17:55 發表

I maintain a close relationship with his teachers. I ...

20#
發表於 09-6-4 19:05 |只看該作者
melody8, may i know more about the advanced english course your son is taking? is it very difficult?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題