用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!
樓主: Radiomama
go

RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-8-29 00:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-27 23:35 發表

my daughter was lost her snack box on tuesday and never back..   So, don't think to hv luck to get it back..   I did put a label on all her stuffs.   
Hope all our kids can learn more how to manage t ...

True, luck is required if a kid loses/leaves his stuff somewhere at school even though the stuff is well labelled.

My son lost 1 cap and 1 bottle in year 1......
sounds not so bad.

82#
發表於 09-9-1 20:51 |只看該作者
Hey, My son is in 1MH, too.
Nice to meet you guys here.

Unfortunatelly, the primary school will be closed for 7 days due to H1N1.   How to arrange these extra free days for him is a headache.

83#
發表於 09-9-1 23:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 vivmum 於 09-9-1 20:51 發表
Hey, My son is in 1MH, too.
Nice to meet you guys here.

Unfortunatelly, the primary school will be closed for 7 days due to H1N1.   How to arrange these extra free days for him is a headache.

Glad to see so many 1MH parents here....really frustrated to school closure while they have been settling down...

84#
發表於 09-9-2 14:25 |只看該作者
Just received homeroom teacher's email.

I don't have any special plan for my daughter. She will just stay at home and play with her little brother.

Best wishes for the infected ones and hope they get well soon!!!

原帖由 oooray 於 09-9-1 23:09 發表

Glad to see so many 1MH parents here....really frustrated to school closure while they have been settling down...

85#
發表於 09-9-2 15:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 14:25 發表
Just received homeroom teacher's email.

I don't have any special plan for my daughter. She will just stay at home and play with her little brother.

Best wishes for the infected ones and hope they g ...

I have got the homelearning email...we have got a lot of "homework" to do...

86#
發表於 09-9-2 16:13 |只看該作者
oooray,

Can you open the link @ "Art" page?

琬晴B

原帖由 oooray 於 09-9-2 15:52 發表

I have got the homelearning email...we have got a lot of "homework" to do...

87#
發表於 09-9-2 16:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

琬晴B

2 jpg files are linked.
I could not figure it out what should i do for the 2nd page. I've asked teacher and now waiting for her reply.

88#
發表於 09-9-2 16:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

琬晴B

pls. also check PM.

89#
發表於 09-9-7 15:22 |只看該作者
Any idea to open the link related to ART?

Thank you.

90#
發表於 09-12-1 09:05 |只看該作者
Hi moms n dads,
my girl will join the Y1 family on 4/1. Any suggestion for us? A bit worry that she is not that out going.

91#
發表於 09-12-1 23:46 |只看該作者
Hi All,

The competition to get into RC and other ESF primary is becoming worse and keen.

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).  However, some friends told me that the English standard for quite a number of ESF kids are not up to standard and suggest me to stay with YMCA (my girl is now studying in YMCA Pre-K).

May I share some insights with you experienced parentts that if the English level for ESF TY is really that bad?  And the reject rate for them are quite high?  

And actually, I'm quite happy to have my girl to continue her study in YMCA, just that I'd like to have a slight higher prirority to get into RC and ESF primary.  But now, if the English standard for ESF TY kids are that poor, the chance for interview would not help much, isn't it?

92#
發表於 09-12-2 11:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-1 23:46 發表
Hi All,

The competition to get into RC and other ESF primary is becoming worse and keen.

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).   ...

1. Last year RC interviewed all 3XX applicants, no matter where you were from;
2. This year, only 3xx out of 5xx applicants were selected for 1st round interview;
3. Imagine your child are a non-ESF kinder cat. 2 applicant, with very good English level, but not on the 1st round interview list, how worry u will be;
4. U can sharpen your child's english by different methods but u can do nothing to push you to a little bit higher priority; last one get an offer and first one on the waiting list make a huge difference;
5. My son has switched to ESF TY K1 this year due to unfruitful experience of my daughter. I don't want to experience it again next year;
6. I don't care the reject rate of any school. U may be the one of losers in high hit rate school if u do not perform well in interview;
7. I have never rely on the 3 hours a day kindergarten time prepare everything fulfilling the interview in Jan 2011;
8. My feeling is that open classroom environment in ESF TY makes learning not as strict as those with their own classrooms. Most K2 children there Ebglish are good enough to qualify for ESF/RC admission standard;
9. In such environment, it is not surprising some children with parents do nothing sharpening their English may fail in the P1 interview. I think we should not blame the school.
10. Many parents (including me) are having such dilemma. There is no absolutely correct or wrong answer.

93#
發表於 09-12-2 11:29 |只看該作者
I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).  However, some friends told me that the English standard for quite a number of ESF kids are not up to standard and suggest me to stay with YMCA (my girl is now studying in YMCA Pre-K)...

Don't worry too much.  In most cases and in the worst case scenario, the kids' English can only be as poor as that of their parents.

More often than not, OK parents are OK with their kids' schools (and the reverse is true).  If your acquaintances are always not OK with their kids' schools, they are likely to be not so OK parents.  Avoid them like plague.  Run, don't walk.  Why should you hang out with someone who can't make their kids learn from their experience and gain from their schools?  Life is too short to stick to those negative energy generators.  It may be too blunt for me to say this, but if you are surrounded by people who always love to complain about their kids' school (or, for that matter other people's kids' schools), chance is that you too are not a very OK parent.  Try to turn to the happy parents to find out why they feel happy.  There are always something to learn from them.  It's really that simple - embrace the OK; avoid the not OK.

[ 本帖最後由 iamfine 於 09-12-2 11:40 編輯 ]

94#
發表於 09-12-2 12:12 |只看該作者
iamfine,

I think a lot of parents here probably don't like your style and tone of posts, but I think you're simply being very honest.

95#
發表於 09-12-2 13:18 |只看該作者
Hi oooray,

really thanks for your detailed clarification.  This makes the picture more clearer for me.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-2 11:16 發表

1. Last year RC interviewed all 3XX applicants, no matter where you were from;
2. This year, only 3xx out of 5xx applicants were selected for 1st round interview;
3. Imagine your child are a non-ESF  ...

96#
發表於 09-12-2 13:26 |只看該作者
Hi iamfine,

Thanks and you are always very helpful by pinpointing a different way of thoughts.   

原帖由 iamfine 於 09-12-2 11:29 發表

Don't worry too much.  In most cases and in the worst case scenario, the kids' English can only be as poor as that of their parents.

More often than not, OK parents are OK with their kids' schools  ...

97#
發表於 09-12-2 14:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 13:18 發表
Hi oooray,

really thanks for your detailed clarification.  This makes the picture more clearer for me.

just saw your question in another thread. I guess I have answered most of your questions...As a responsible parent, I've never worried my children cannot pick up sociable Chinese(Cantonese) language skill. What i need to take extra effort in Putonghua...
Hope u can make your own decision with no regret.

98#
發表於 09-12-2 18:38 |只看該作者
Hi oooray,

Yes and you did provide a lot of useful info to me.  Same as you that my concern over Chinese is the ability to speak in Putonghua and read/write Chinese characters.  I do not worry too much over Cantonese because of the rich surrounding environment here in HK.

I've been to the RC school tour last month and I am so impressed by the idea of "hub" area for the lower primary students.  Not sure if they have the same for upper primary?

How do you find RC so far?  Communication between school and parents is satisfactory?  I do hope my girl will be lucky enough to be there one day and be the schoolmate of your kids.

Thanks and cheers for all caring dads and moms.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-2 14:32 發表

just saw your question in another thread. I guess I have answered most of your questions...As a responsible parent, I've never worried my children cannot pick up sociable Chinese(Cantonese) language  ...

99#
發表於 09-12-2 21:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 18:38 發表
Hi oooray,

Yes and you did provide a lot of useful info to me.  Same as you that my concern over Chinese is the ability to speak in Putonghua and read/write Chinese characters.  I do not worry too mu ...

practices make perfect.
with relatively better resources nowadays, our children should speak better putonghua than mine if they work hard.
RC hub: i love it, too. my daughter can make a few friends from other classes thro' playing in the hub. that is bonus to me. no idea for upper primary...maybe other parents can share.
communications : as a working parent i feel so sorry for not joining all activities. the school has a high degree of transparency and u will know what is going to happen thro' email/website even i am not there physically.
i've no complaint to the school so far(except a little bit far away from home) and my daughter is very happy everyday. i guess most RC parents share the same feelings.

100#
發表於 09-12-2 21:50 |只看該作者
The set up for all primary levels are the same. Classes in the same year level share a common area: the hub.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題