用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!
查看: 13710|回覆: 110
go

RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-17 15:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
For the Year One student:
1) how many suits of uniform would you purchase?
2) how about the socks, hat & school bag?
3) for packed lunch, which kind of lunch box would you suggest?
4) any colours of sport shoes would be OK day by day?
Thank you.
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-17 20:43 |只看該作者
3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform
4 pairs of socks and 1 hat.  I did not buy the RC school bag
Spaghetti, fried rice, fried noodles, sandwich & sushi
4) any colours of sport shoes would be OK day by day?
Brown or black shoes to go with the school uniform but any colour of sport shoes would be fine with the PE uniform.
Thank you.

[ 本帖最後由 danielboy 於 09-5-17 20:45 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-5-17 22:33 |只看該作者
For my boy......
3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform.
Please label every piece of school uniform.
You may be informed of the house your kid belongs to. You can choose to buy the house-tee or the white sports tee which will be phased out after the school term 09/10.

Better buy the nylon track top for the kid to wear on the school bus because of the air-cond.

Buy a bigger size uniform as
1) there are few months to go before the next school term starts. Children grow fast;
2) the uniform may shrink a little after washing.

6 pairs of socks, 1 cap/hat. (No hat no play in the open area). I didn't buy the RCHK sch bag. I bought a bag that is big enough for the home lunch, snack box and a few thin books.

You also need to buy a book bag for library lessons.

I use Baffalo (0.45L, 1-container thermo) for keeping fried rice/rice/noodles, spaghetti, pasta. A lock & lock box for sandwiches and fruits. I give my son a drink everyday.

prepare a snack bag & a lunch bag for your kid if he/she's going to take home lunch. They need to go downstairs from their classroom for snacks and lunch. The bags carrying everything they need will help them go down and up the stairs more easily and safely.

once again, label every item the kid brings to school.

4) any colours of sports shoes would be OK day by day?
same answer as danieboy's.

4#
發表於 09-5-18 08:47 |只看該作者
4) 建議你買兩層"象印"飯壺, 有3格, 保暖非常好, 用前先用熱水浸壺20分鐘。

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-5-17 15:17 發表
4) any colours of s ...

5#
發表於 09-5-18 10:06 |只看該作者
Radiomama,
The school socks are very thick and take quite some time to dry.  However, I only bought 4 pairs of socks for my child because I let him wear white socks on PE day.  Unlike the khaki & grey socks, the school's white socks do NOT have the school logo, and therefore I just bought him thinner plain white socks from other shops like Marks & Spencer/Kingkow.

birdbird,
Please note that there are 2 PE lessons per week in Year 2 and you would need an extra set of PE uniform in the coming year.

Yes, agree that 象印"飯壺" is pretty good.

6#
發表於 09-5-18 11:15 |只看該作者
Home Lunch vs. meal A/meal B from Cafeteria.
Any RC parents comment on these for Year 1 Kid? Thanks for your contributions in advance.

7#
發表於 09-5-18 11:30 |只看該作者
Thank you so much and all of you are my torch to this school!

In the beginning, home lunch or school lunch will be better?

8#
發表於 09-5-18 12:22 |只看該作者
I usually order school lunch for my daughter, the kid can choose their own lunch (meal A / Meal B) at school (Not at the order form) and it comes with fruit juice, free bread and fresh fruits.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-18 11:15 發表
Home Lunch vs. meal A/meal B from Cafeteria.
Any RC parents comment on these for Year 1 Kid? Thanks for your contributions in advance.

9#
發表於 09-5-18 12:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 12:22 發表
I usually order school lunch for my daughter, the kid can choose their own lunch (meal A / Meal B) at school (Not at the order form) and it comes with fruit juice, free bread and fresh fruits.

Thanks for your sharing.
Do they taste good (your child's comment). Just curious to ask you why not prepare home lunch yourself?

10#
發表於 09-5-18 13:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-18 10:06 發表
Radiomama,
The school socks are very thick and take quite some time to dry.  However, I only bought 4 pairs of socks for my child because I let him wear white socks on PE day.  Unlike the khaki & grey ...

As kids in kinder don't need to eat lunch by themselves, I think all Pre-Y1 parents will need to train up their kids to use 飯壺 to eat lunch now.....

11#
發表於 09-5-18 14:25 |只看該作者
It has variety of choices, sometimes they have pizza, fried rice, pasta, mash pototes, 义燒飯, turkey and 抄麵 .  Even though the order form shows the food in english, but the meals have both chinese and western styles.   My child sometimes told me the food is very good and sometimes she also told me it is  not so good.   It thinks it is really depend on the food of that day.

i dont let my kid bring home lunch because for the winter, i afraid that the food will become cold.   for the summer, i alto think that the food may change due to the hot weather.   Since the school has its own kitchen and provide balance diet with fruits, juice.. , why not eat at the school.   Even though, my kid may not like every meals because of the western style and also my kid is very picky on foods, but i want her to try everythings even she doesnt like it.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-18 12:25 發表

Thanks for your sharing.
Do they taste good (your child's comment). Just curious to ask you why not prepare home lunch yourself?

[ 本帖最後由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 15:01 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 09-5-18 15:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 14:25 發表
It has variety of choices, sometimes they have pizza, fried rice, pasta, mash pototes, 义燒飯, turkey and 抄麵 .  Even though the order form shows the food in english, but the meals have both chinese  ...

Thanks for your good sharing.
I have the same concern as you if I cook the lunch at the home in the early morning (Designing recipe swill be killing me, too). I agree that it is also a good experience for my daughter to learn to be independent at school, if the quality of food at the cafeteria is not too bad.

13#
發表於 09-5-18 18:52 |只看該作者
danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) for changing in Year 2.

ooray,
I haven't tried the school lunch but i tried some snacks at the cafeteria. The food tasted good. The school lunch also looked yummy. However, my son doesn't like it and he insists bringing home lunch and enjoys being with the classmates who also bring home lunch.

For children with food allergy, they are advised to bring home lunch though the Cafeteria says that it avoids using peanuts or other food allergens in their menus.

14#
發表於 09-5-18 19:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 birdbird 於 09-5-18 18:52 發表
danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) ...

Dear birdbird,
Thanks for your information.
Do u mean children with home lunch will having lunch at somewhere (inside the classroom?) and those have school lunch will go to the cafeteria (all by themselves)?

15#
發表於 09-5-19 13:45 |只看該作者
birdbird,
Wow ! Your son is so lucky.  My son had only 1 PE lesson per week when he was in year 1.  

Re : lunch
My son brought home lunch from Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in year 1.  Children who took school lunch and those who brought home lunch ate in different areas in the cafeteria.  My son could therefore had lunch with different friends within the class.  Whether the school lunch tastes good or not is very personal.  Some children complain that the food taste awful but my son says it's pretty good.

[ 本帖最後由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 16:23 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 09-5-19 15:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
birdbird,
Wow ! Your son is so lucky.  My son had only 1 PE lesson per week when he was in year 1.  

Re : lunch
My son brought home lunch form Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in  ...

Thank you danielboy, it is really a good option for children to enjoy lunchtime with all his/her friends!

17#
發表於 09-5-19 20:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
My son brought home lunch from Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in year 1.  Children who took school lunch and those who brought home lunch ate in different areas in the cafeteria.  My son could therefore had lunch with different friends within the class.  Whether the school lunch tastes good or not is very personal.  Some children complain that the food taste awful but my son says it's pretty good.

danielboy,
wow, it's a fantastic lunch arrangement! I can suggest this to my son so that he can mingle with different classmates.

18#
發表於 09-6-4 22:21 |只看該作者
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wind jacket, 2 caps, library bag and 1 small school bag.  All the items are suggested by the parent helper.

Any house member here?  My son is put in the S.O.N.G.  So COOL!

BTW, I forgot to ask the following items:
1) Any stationary/筆盒 should I prepare?
2) The size of the water bottle?

Thank you

19#
發表於 09-6-4 22:58 |只看該作者
RC will provide all the stationary for Year 1 and Year 2 students, no need to prepare and they dont need to bring stationary to school.  

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-4 22:21 發表
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wi ...

20#
發表於 09-6-5 13:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-4 22:21 發表
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wi ...

I don't like the man in the uniform shop. While fisherman hat is out of stock, he didn't tell me when (just a rough idea) it will be replenished...
While I was persuading my daughter to choose the cap instead, he "said" in the beginning of the term, it will be available and come back later; just wanted me to settle the bill quickly.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題