搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Mary Mount vs IS
發新帖
查看: 939|回覆: 5
go

Mary Mount vs IS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-14 16:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My friend told me that the language level, ie. English and Mandarin, in Mary Mount is similar to those of International schools with Mandarin emphsis. Any comment? Do you agree?

What else can you share about this school? How do you compare this school with IS?

Thx!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-14 16:59 |只看該作者
I am an old student of MSS.  I think the MSS girls' english standard is very good, but not native level.

3#
發表於 09-5-14 17:00 |只看該作者
I dont think so.   My daughter transfered to IS from a famous local school.   The English standard of IS cant really compared with local school.   Local school mainly emphasis on grammer, homework and dictation, at least it will never reach the native standard.

原帖由 Riesling 於 09-5-14 16:40 發表
My friend told me that the language level, ie. English and Mandarin, in Mary Mount is similar to those of International schools with Mandarin emphsis. Any comment? Do you agree?

What else can you sh ...

[ 本帖最後由 janetlo 於 09-5-14 17:02 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-5-15 10:19 |只看該作者
Got it! Thx for sharing! Btw I can guess when I saw the group photo of the school in which almost all of the teachers are Chinese, and I don't think they are all native Eng. speaker as well.......

5#
發表於 09-5-15 14:26 |只看該作者
Agree.  I graduated from a "famous local school" and I don't my English is native and it never will be.  Or I should say, until I went to the US, I realized my English is just not good enough to communicate at all.  It took me quite some time to pick up the listening and oral part, so I decided to send my kids to international so to ensure they get close to native English level, of course, also for other good things of international school, like class size, their way of teaching.....

6#
發表於 09-5-15 15:10 |只看該作者
Except genius, how can we expect students can reach "native" level in such limited english exposure environment amongst most local schools?

Not because of teachers' qualities (race or color) or Students' qualities BUT EXPOSURE.

If parents found that there is any exceptional case exist, please share.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題