密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Transfer to Norwegian International School
發新帖
查看: 5964|回覆: 11
go

Transfer to Norwegian International School

發表於 09-4-23 21:15 |顯示全部帖子
I have make a decision whether stay in ICS or transfer to NIS.  ICS is one of famous IS in HK.  However, it now is totally different as before.   NIS is a really small school located in Tai Po.  But it is homy, warm and staffs are nice too.  They provide small class ratio 1:15.  It is difficult to make a choice.

Please is anyone who could give me any suggestion stay or transfer ICS or NIS ?

發表於 09-4-23 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Suzanne503 於 09-4-23 21:15 發表
I have make a decision whether stay in ICS or transfer to NIS.  ICS is one of famous IS in HK.  However, it now is totally different as before.   NIS is a really small school located in Tai Po.  But i ...

Except parents who have/had children in both schools, u, as a ICS parent and did some research on NIS, are the second best qualified person to say which is better for yourself. Why not believe in yourself on such extreme important decision, rather than hearing outsider (like me) to help u to choose Meal A or Meal B?

發表於 09-4-24 10:43 |顯示全部帖子
That is difficult to make a decision.  Because NIS just really small sizel just aroung 50 students whole school. I and husband has been school visit overall it seem really nice backyard and fresh-air, homy environment.  

I would like to collect more NIS parent helpful information to judge.  If you know anything NIS please let me know.  Next week I will attend a interveiw at NIS.  Wish that time may details of NIS backgroun.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-4-23 23:46 發表

Except parents who have/had children in both schools, u, as a ICS parent and did some research on NIS, are the second best qualified person to say which is better for yourself. Why not believe in you ...

發表於 09-4-24 10:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Suzanne, while as oooray suggested that you are the best person who is qualified to decide which school to choose, I do understand your urge to ask here and there tring to find out the best school for your child.  I saw your other thread on CAIS as well.  I had been to CAIS and NIS before.  NIS - that was a few years ago when I prepared my child's primary education.  I declined this school because I found it a bit too religious for me.  But having said that, I found the school staff and teachers nice and caring for the kids.  I viewed one of the lessons too (talking about bible stores).  Kids were happy and attentive and the 'setting' of the classroom was cozy.  If you are looking for personal attention for your child, I am sure this school is one of the best.  One of its drawbacks of having no secondary school has also been solved now.  

I chatted with another parent in a different site.  Her son has learning difficulties.  Although her son had been going to SJS for a while, the cookie cutting approach did not benefit her son at all.  After she transferred her son to NIS, she could tell right away that she has chosen the right school for her.  Again this proves you that NIS is a school that can provide personal attention to children.

CAIS - my child joined the ELC's 5-day day camp and the camp site was in this school.  To be honest, the school looks a bit scruffy and unclean to me.  I do not mean that will affect the quality of education but as their school fees are not cheap so I expected a better environment than that.  But this is all I can say about CAIS.

I think you can make a list of good and bad points on both school because that will help you in making your decision, instead of just thinking aloud.  

Last but not least, you mentioned that you are being unlucky because your child has got the worst teacher but do bear in mind that that can happen in anywhere in any school.

Good luck with your choice.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-4-24 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
I appericate so much your information.

One point that want to transfer to NIS because my son is ADHD has assessed three months ago.
But he has done IQ and EQ tests, the result is high average 117.  My son is very smart and fast learning but find difficulty to focus. I know ICS's  academic not easy coming high grade and class size 25 to 26 student P1.  Concern that he will get along with this matters.

I learn that NIS could provide special learning needs for difficult student. Sometime confuse whether is he should go this kind of school or not.

Thank you share your experience with me.   

原帖由 Mighty 於 09-4-24 10:56 發表
Hi Suzanne, while as oooray suggested that you are the best person who is qualified to decide which school to choose, I do understand your urge to ask here and there tring to find out the best school  ...

發表於 09-4-24 13:52 |顯示全部帖子
If that is the case, definitely you shld talk to the Prinicipal of NIS, I am quite sure that they can accommodate children with learning difficulties.

Good luck.

P.S.  But i douibt if their school bus service covers your idea.. but i m sure u hv checked.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-4-24 14:51 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Suzanne,

After reading your case in the previous posts, just as Mighty said, you had better talk with the school about your son's case, communicate with the principal's about your needs and expectations, then visit your school with your son, observe the school life of current students, all these would certainly help you to see whether this school fits you or not.  Trust yourself and your son's gut feeling, this is not far from the truth.  

Hope your son find a caring school.

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 Suzanne503 於 09-4-24 12:39 發表
I appericate so much your information.

One point that want to transfer to NIS because my son is ADHD has assessed three months ago.
But he has done IQ and EQ tests, the result is high average 117.  M ...

發表於 09-4-24 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Iris

Thank you for your understanding and support. You have gave me a good point of view.  I will try my best to solve this problem.

Suzanne  

原帖由 iristony625 於 09-4-24 14:51 發表
Dear Suzanne,

After reading your case in the previous posts, just as Mighty said, you had better talk with the school about your son's case, communicate with the principal's about your needs and expe ...

發表於 09-5-17 09:20 |顯示全部帖子
Dear parents,

I hope it is not too late to respond to your Q.

First of all, I would like to declare I/m a ICS parent.  Though I have no experience with NIS but I personally like the school by the mean of family type.  The families & students are much closer.  They put more heart.

In fact, I like both schools.  Well, I in fact, have your talked to your child about changing school matter.  Have you shown him/her around the new school?

Changing school is a big thing to the kid!

Yaumum

發表於 09-5-17 19:07 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-5-19 01:02 |顯示全部帖子
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 09-5-19 09:22 |顯示全部帖子