用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 M academy- does it really exist?
樓主: Pianokc
go

M academy- does it really exist? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-6-16 12:24 |只看該作者
I think all parents should be old enough to decide what is right and what is wrong. All parents should be old enough to decide what is good for their children. We are all adults. When it comes to finding a good tutorial center in particular, I think we should all at least pay an initial visit to the premises and see whether you like it or not. I definitely would look for clean and nice environment, on top of good teaching (which unfortunately cannot be deteremined until you are enrolled,  because I think all parents have different expectations).
It is definitely fishy if there is no sign on the building directory of the center. I suggest that parents ask the center to show you the permit issued by the government to operate the tutorial center. There are lots of un-licensed tutorial centers operating. Not being able to obtain a license may mean not having proper fire prevention facilities, eg water sprinklers etc, then your child is totally unprotected.
It is too naive to presume that a center is good (or cannot be bad) if a child got accepted by some good school. How can you be so sure? May be if he was not with this center, he could have been with even better school, with even better results? I have seen harm done to a child by tutorial center.
It is quite normal for people to doubt. We are all using a login name or a web name. We all can be anyone, even if you have registered with BK for many years. Everyone has his own agenda. And unfortunately, BK is one of the platforms well known to be commonly misused as a marketing place. I am not saying there are indeed people marketing anything here within this topic, but I think everyone should keep a doubtful mind when reading anything on the internet. I do not see why anyone should trust just anyone on the internet. It is just that some people are more direct and would want to remind others to be more careful.

22#
發表於 09-6-16 14:08 |只看該作者
Agree it is very dangerous for our kids if the center really has not registered. So parents are worth to go to take a visit, feel the tutor and enviornments, ask for more to protect our kids. Certainly, it is very helpful if bk's parents can share more for our reference.

23#
發表於 09-6-17 06:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 ysnmama 於 09-6-16 08:50 發表
I do not have any kid is studying at M Academy. But one of parent in bk who recommended this center to me and her son did accept by two top tier primary schools (one is co-ed and one is boy school). I am not saying this center helped the kid to got the offers from these two top schools, but I am thinking is - it should be not too bad?

Do you know this bk parent personally? Have you meet her child? Are you sure the "facts" she stated are true?
Are u talking about this bk parent?>
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2129476&extra=&page=1

[ 本帖最後由 bbJP 於 09-6-17 06:14 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 09-9-7 23:17 |只看該作者

We've finished the summer course there.

I'm here again to say a few words after my daughter's summer course in M Academy. Definitely, it's an intensive and effective course that brought my daughter to another level of English development.  No regret at all, the teachers there inspired my daughter a lot.  They're not "feeding" my daughter stuffs but nurturing my daughter. I'm so glad that she's happy to express her idea by writing.  Of course, still a long path to go but both my daughter and me are very positive in walking along this path.
Above are only my personal sharings, I'm not selling anything there, pls don't take me wrongs again. Thanks.

原帖由 monkeymei 於 09-6-15 22:36 發表
Don't think too much, please.
I'm only sharing something on my experience about M Academy and my daughter's little progress overthere.  

Can there be any positive words about M Academy from myself?!  ...

25#
發表於 09-9-8 08:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 bbJP 於 09-6-17 06:11 發表

Do you know this bk parent personally? Have you meet her child? Are you sure the "facts" she stated are true?
Are u talking about this bk parent?>
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=212 ...

Very smart.... I mean the center.
Very good at getting the trust of parents by pretending to be a parent.

26#
發表於 09-9-8 08:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeymei 於 09-9-7 23:17 發表
I'm here again to say a few words after my daughter's summer course in M Academy. Definitely, it's an intensive and effective course that brought my daughter to another level of English development.   ...

From the "history" of the topics that you participated and the topics that were actually created by you, you seem only interested in (1) providing tutorial services (2) sell tutoring products (3) sharing experience in tutorial center.
I am sure you are very experienced and have no doubt parents would trust your views.
Thanks.

27#
發表於 09-9-8 18:10 |只看該作者
Read through the admission criteria for tenants/incubatees at InnoCentre and you will find it absolutely impossible to run an English learning centre there.  There is no signage obviously because the learning centre must go "underground".

InnoCentre: http://www.innocentre.org.hk/inn ... s/Tenants_directory

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 09-9-8 18:15 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 09-9-8 23:43 |只看該作者
1) I'm a tutor myself but I'm neither teaching English nor teaching in any centre now
2) I'm a mother and I need someone to teach my daughter English
3) I sold preparatory materials for an English Public Exam is because my daughter would like to do another exam, for those phonics stuffs, it's only because my daugher has already acquired phonics knowledge and skills.  What fault is here if I sell them, my objective is to help others.  In fact, a mum PM me and asked me whether I can give her a better offer,...I had no hestitation to offer her a good price since I really found the materials were good and useful. And, in my point of view, the mum was eager and supportive to her kid's education.

I was here to share my experience after my daughter finished her English summer course.  Did I do something wrong?
If you don't believe it, just leave it,...why do you need to make this kind of assumption,..I'm not here to sell anything this time.  And, if I need to sell something, I would go to "2nd hand room" to sell, and it should be good teaching materials that had been used by my daughter.

You all really made me very upset.

原帖由 nintendo 於 09-9-8 08:59 發表

From the "history" of the topics that you participated and the topics that were actually created by you, you seem only interested in (1) providing tutorial services (2) sell tutoring products (3) sh ...

29#
發表於 09-10-30 17:04 |只看該作者
唔係喎, 我個囡都係係度上interview class, 我覺得M academy d 老師好得喎, 我個囡今年只係考左四間小學, 但已經有兩間有second in, 其一當然係dgjs, 另外一間直入, 仲有一間未公佈結果, 掂解會有人話d 老師係度賣廣告呀, 佢地已經好多學生, 我唸佢地冇尼個需要。

30#
發表於 09-10-31 12:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 cottontail 於 09-10-30 17:04 發表
唔係喎, 我個囡都係係度上interview class, 我覺得M academy d 老師好得喎, 我個囡今年只係考左四間小學, 但已經有兩間有second in, 其一當然係dgjs, 另外一間直入, 仲有一間未公佈結果, 掂解會有人話d 老師係度賣廣 ...

Hello everyone,

我唔識什麼是M academy,也沒有給女兒讀任何補習班。我曾經任教於教育署註冊的補習社。

我個人的經驗是,即使有教署註冊,也可以是非常垃圾。(純粹個人經驗)以自己為例,我的學生主要是傳統學校的五、六年班學生。初期我有向主任提出,只補中文及英文,因我數學成績稍遜,但該主任表示沒關係,有答案,另外,如果10條問題,最少有有5-6題答對便可以。我一個人教10幾個學生,又功課,又默書,我覺得學生根本學不到什麼。(可能是傳統小學功課又真係好多)

大家都知道,父母最捨得花錢在子女上,這是一門很搵到錢的生意。但錢花了,有什麼成效是另一個問題。所以我不會報補習班。女兒亦因這個經驗放棄讀傳統學校。當然自己都無再做落去啦。

我不知道什麼補習社好,亦不打算公開什麼名字。但總之各位要小心選擇,不要胡亂相信廣告或陌生人的介紹。

31#
發表於 09-10-31 16:34 |只看該作者
Opakgn,

There is definitely alot of "scamming" tutor centers out there, and this is due to many "desperate" parents who simply are willing to try anyone/anywhere who can help their kids with academic homework, or at least feel better that they have TRIED to provide some support for their child.

However, my point about this M academy was at the beginning was, since there were so many "great reviews" about it, when I actually went there, it showed me otherwise.

Now there have been a number of parents who says this is a good center, but my point is, if it is indeed that good of a center, then the presentation for itself needs to be more prominent. Even though it may not be "looking " for new students, anyone paying courses there, should realize it's more like a "private" place for "members" who know about it. You know, by reference, not OPEN DOOR doing business type of looking center.

It's been awhile since I visited it, perhaps now it's better.

Good luck to all !

原帖由 opakgn 於 09-10-31 12:37 發表

Hello everyone,

我唔識什麼是M academy,也沒有給女兒讀任何補習班。我曾經任教於教育署註冊的補習社。

我個人的經驗是,即使有教署註冊,也可以是非常垃圾。(純粹個人經驗)以自己為例,我的學生主要是傳統學校的五、六年 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題