樓主: lovelypooh
go

根德園幼稚園,有何評價? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 10-10-19 00:19 |只看該作者
My son is in P1 now & he was from KV.
My daughter is in K1 now.
Obvious enough, I'm pro-KV!

You may think that KV is not competitive enough if native accent is your major concern! But frankly, I think that Eng is not difficult to learn as a second language. Chi, on the contrary, is more difficult!

My experience with my son is that KV is really great in building a sound academic foundation. My son's primary school is filled with students with good Eng standard (esp. spoken Eng). However, I learnt that many of them are not that sufficient in Chi; some of them are even afraid of Chi! Contrarily, my son is very strong in Chi, Math & GS; and frankly, he's by no means inferior in terms of Eng! He just finished composing an >60 words piece on himself without much assistance from me. We didn't enroll him in any phonics or Eng classes when he was in kinder. We only tried to build his interest in reading and spent time reading Eng stories with him at night!

The most powerful habit / ability KV built is its students' initiative & self-discuipline in studying / finishing homeworks. This really eases parents' lives! My son can finish his exercises now without my presence. He also arranges his own revisions automatically!

By the way, my son is not born to be a hard-working & quiet student (坐唔定!!!). I can't manage his behaviour as good as his KV teachers.

When I weigh between a "balanced & strong academic" and native accent, my choice is the former!

Just a gesture of support from a KV parent :)

[ 本帖最後由 hccw 於 10-10-19 00:27 編輯 ]

42#
發表於 10-10-19 00:22 |只看該作者
補充:
KV有方法啟發小朋友的思考力和創意.
而我個人認為,家長的影響更大.

原帖由 lovelypooh 於 09-3-27 23:53 發表
本人想囡囡學多啲野,又驚她會很辛苦,同埋根德園是否傳統教學?咁會否影響小朋友的思考力和創意?我又找不到根德園的網站,如何可知多啲關於這間學校的野?如:有多少活動空間?教學法等? ...

43#
發表於 10-10-20 11:42 |只看該作者
Teachers are really experienced to train stns' discipline and attract stns' attention.

44#
發表於 10-10-21 01:24 |只看該作者
HI, 各位家長前輩,
我係新手媽媽, BB女係今年3月出世, 自己一心想她可以考入KV呢間學校, 請問各位我何時去申請? 在哪裡申請? 面試前要做什麼? 要開始比小女上PLAYGROUP學習一下先嗎?

多謝各位幫忙!:)

45#
發表於 10-10-21 07:23 |只看該作者
2012年10月(根據以往10月寄信去攞表,9月尾10月頭致電KV聽電話錄音會講所需資料)申請,2013年9月入讀。

原帖由 esther2010 於 10-10-21 01:24 發表
HI, 各位家長前輩,
我係新手媽媽, BB女係今年3月出世, 自己一心想她可以考入KV呢間學校, 請問各位我何時去申請? 在哪裡申請? 面試前要做什麼? 要開始比小女上PLAYGROUP學習一下先嗎?

多謝各位幫忙!:) ...

[ 本帖最後由 chingchingb.ma 於 10-10-21 07:29 編輯 ]

46#
發表於 10-10-29 19:48 |只看該作者

回覆 41# hccw 的文章

Dear hccw,

Would you mind to tell which primary school is your son studying.  Is it English Primary School.

47#
發表於 10-11-3 11:48 |只看該作者
I am proud of my daughter is being and old KV student !

She is now P1.  She got excellent result in both her Chinese, Maths and English 1st term exam.  Honestly speaking, KV English is not strong enough because they do not hv net teacher.  My daughter didn't study Eng course outside, just watch some English TV programme and read story books at home, and she can still got the highest mark in her P1 English test.  

My daugther likes KV very much.

48#
發表於 10-11-3 12:17 |只看該作者
Hi,

Please recommend some English TV programme and story books.

Thanks,

原帖由 smsss 於 10-11-3 11:48 發表
I am proud of my daughter is being and old KV student !

She is now P1.  She got excellent result in both her Chinese, Maths and English 1st term exam.  Honestly speaking, KV English is not strong eno ...

49#
發表於 10-11-3 13:40 |只看該作者
My personal comments is, any books or TV programme is good as long as the standard is not too difficult or too easy to yr kid.  So it is very important that the mother or father has to accompany her/him to know his/her standard.  Not necessary to read for her/him.  My daughter can read books by herself starting from K2 but I know her ability because I will ask her questions about the story and if she could answer u'll know that she understood the book well.  I found that it is more effective than putting her in the English centre.  

This is just fm personal opinions and maynot be suitable for all kids but I hope this can help you.

原帖由 baubaulee 於 10-11-3 12:17 發表
Hi,

Please recommend some English TV programme and story books.

Thanks,

50#
發表於 10-11-3 16:15 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot for your sharing.

Cheers,

原帖由 smsss 於 10-11-3 13:40 發表
My personal comments is, any books or TV programme is good as long as the standard is not too difficult or too easy to yr kid.  So it is very important that the mother or father has to accompany her/h ...

51#
發表於 10-11-5 11:09 |只看該作者
其實我個人認為KV係一間非常好的幼稚園!有很多尤其是沒有子女在該校就讀的家長都誤解了它,雖然它比其他幼稚園的程度深,但我想不到有什麼不好呢?當你看見你的小朋友是甘心情願地第一時間做功課,當你看見你的仔女比同齡小朋友識得多和深,難道你們會不高興?
我在我兒子身上就是看到他的得着,他現讀K3,我給本小一程度的中英數練習他做,他唔識哂都已經識大部份了,打好基礎入小學有甚麼不好?
最重要他是開心的,什麼學校旅行及畢業禮重要嗎?
小朋友一切都係講習慣,如果幼稚園時慣了輕鬆,我想一到小學時他和家長都叫苦哩!除非你甘心找間程度普通成績也普通的小學及中學讀吧!相信好多家長都不會吧!

52#
發表於 10-11-5 12:58 |只看該作者
非常同意你的說法, 我仔仔現正就讀K1, 他在課堂學的東西, 都能一一記住, 不是我仔仔特別叻, 而是問過很多家長, 都係敢講!  仔仔還會運用所學過的字及靈活變通...i.e.給他看一個鴨字, 他便會讀出然後會唱一首鴨鴨及雞雞歌呢! 他所讀過的書....如有童遙, 他都能隻字不差的背頌! 這都是老師的功勞呢!  他在學校真的能 學到很多東西並喜歡返學, 很喜愛老師. 他在N班讀過一所快樂學習的幼稚園都無現在這麼開心, 我真不明白老師是用什麼方法做到啊!  

衷心希望如能考到這所學校的小朋友, 家長們都不要輕易放棄, 細心想清楚才做出決定啊!

原帖由 fennieho 於 10-11-5 11:09 發表
其實我個人認為KV係一間非常好的幼稚園!有很多尤其是沒有子女在該校就讀的家長都誤解了它,雖然它比其他幼稚園的程度深,但我想不到有什麼不好呢?當你看見你的小朋友是甘心情願地第一時間做功課,當你看見你的仔女比同 ...

53#
發表於 10-11-5 15:08 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Freeb 的文章

其實她們也是用很活動的方法教學,教一個字會用一些聯想及生動的方法令小朋友印象深刻,而且還令他們一拼學到好多配詞.
根本就不是讀死書!而且每個字的筆劃順予都教得好仔細,連英文字母也教埋有筆順呀!
我哋以前幼稚園那有得學這些?由一識寫字就冇寫錯,咁就唔會到大個至發現原來寫錯好多字啦!
如果要評論KV唯一缺點,我會話它們沒有外藉老師,小朋友不習慣同外國人溝通可能會害怕,KV的oral或許冇其他幼稚園咁叻,但講到英文讀寫能力都很好,所以我有俾囝囝在British council上堂,等佢習慣同外國人溝通!
總括KV比較全面,不是只着重英文,中文及數學都好強,而且學校小朋友出名規舉,所以私小及直資小學都喜歡KV Kids,因多數出品都唔難教.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題