發表於 04-11-9 12:09 |只看該作者

Re: 高主教面試

gl :

會、它們會知

教育統籌局掌握一切學位分配資料,去年有朋友在私校交了留位費,又參加統一派位,局方致函要求家長一作出

23#
發表於 04-11-9 19:56 |只看該作者

my boy is studying primary one in raimondi college. so far, i found my boy as well as other schoolmates are enjoying. the school creates kids quite good!

for your info, st paul's college would only accept the "elder" kids (as i observed). i have several friends' kids (all "younger" ones, including mine) applied for st paul's; however only the "elder" one was accepted (9 months older than my son).

u're welcome to raise your questions regarding raimondi, will try best to give u a hint.

cheers!

tigerboy
tigerboy - born in october 1998 - i'm proud to be his mama!

24#
發表於 04-11-9 20:13 |只看該作者

as i know, as if u've registered (accepted & paid) in raimondi college, u have to give up the government quota.

like last year, i had my son applied for raimondi, st louis & st paul's boy; i received the government letter listing out these 3 schools and further advised us that government quota will automatically be deleted once i paid fee to any of them.

since kids are lesser & lesser every year, the chance for raimondi to get 100% seats is not positive (like this year); thus almost all applications will be accepted.

tigerboy

25#
發表於 04-11-9 20:33 |只看該作者

dear tigerboy,

can you share more about ramondi
like the way they teach, about putunghua,
activities, behavior of students...
why you choose ramondi instead of st. louise
last year? i really want to know the reason
you choose ramondi. pls share more.

thank you!

carltonmama
:wave: :hammer:

26#
發表於 04-11-9 21:33 |只看該作者

the first 2 months, there is no need for kids to bring books, as they have their own teaching materials instead. dictations & model test papers start in nov, though it seems a bit later than other schools, but i think kids can well-suit themselves in primary section.

putonghua & english-speaking lessons once a week by native putonghua & english teachers respectively.

students study there come from moderate families, u know, the kind of families may not be millionaires but will try hard to let their sons to receive a good education. kids are all neat & gentle (少爺仔)!

there are quite a bunch of activities to choose, like orchestra instruments, english-related subjects, swimming, scoccer, sports etc., most activities held on every saturday afternoons.

the reason that i've chosen raimondi is the learning environment w/ church & garden around. ooops, i have to leave for an hour now. please list your questions & will answer them as soon as i'm back.

tigerboy

27#
發表於 04-11-9 22:48 |只看該作者

dear tigerboy,

thank you very much for your quick reply.
now, i know more about ramandi.

i'd like to know why you didn't  choose st.louis
pls tell me the diff. between 2 schools.

請原諒我如此長氣!

thanks a lot!

carltonmama

28#
發表於 04-11-9 23:34 |只看該作者

according to the holy book of primary schools (& via internet) last year, st louis's teaching language is chinese; but raimondi's is english.

however, i was told that st louis starts to teach mathematics in english now and would gradually change most of the subjects into english (which i think it's good). u'd better gather more info regarding this change before u make the decision.

personally i love the school of raimondi more than st louis as st louis looks old. i think learning environment is important too, i feel so comfortable when hanging around at raimondi, it's more spacious.

be honest, it's hard to choose between these 2 schools, and my son loved them both when attending the interviews. u know, kids are strict forward, that means both school teachers/workers are nice/sincere to kids.

the only difference i can think of now is the school fee. raimondi is slightly higher than st louis (approx. hk$300).

i hope my comments is fair & can assist u somehow.

tigerboy

29#
發表於 04-11-9 23:40 |只看該作者

tigerboy ,

謝謝你的分享!

聽朋友講, 高主教近年來的教學質素有所下降, 你同意嗎?
你小朋友讀得開心嗎, 功課多嗎?

30#
發表於 04-11-9 23:47 |只看該作者

i can't tell if 教學質素有所下降 at this moment, as my boy just attends this school for 2 months only.

my boy enjoys school a lot & has approx 3-4 homeworks per night (but not much for each). starting from last week, chinese & english dictations once per week and 1 model test every week.

tigerboy

31#
發表於 04-11-10 08:38 |只看該作者

carltonmama,

Just for your information, 這兩間計,高主教文科成績叻D,St. Louis 就理科好D。

carltonmama 寫道:
dear tigerboy,

i'd like know why you didn't  choose st.louis
pls tell me the diff. between 2 schools.

32#
發表於 04-11-10 11:24 |只看該作者

tigerboy&龍嫂

謝謝你們的分享!

st louis's teaching language is  english now,only
chinese and bible are in chinese. actually,
it's hard to choose between these 2 schools,
i've been told that students in ramandi are more
well behaved while those in st. louise is more
active. my boy is the second type. i'll think about
it and make up my mind later.

thanks again for your sharing!

carltonmama

33#
發表於 04-11-10 11:53 |只看該作者

tigerboy,

may i know what is model test?

carltonmama

34#
發表於 04-11-10 12:08 |只看該作者

model test means 模擬試卷, i don't think the marks will be recorded. maybe it's to let the students to get familiar to test papers & examinations for future.

tigerboy

35#
發表於 04-11-10 12:30 |只看該作者

tiger boy,

thanks!

36#
發表於 04-11-10 23:36 |只看該作者

Raimondi has accepted my boy.  If I paid registration fee, will they inform EMB immediately and then the qovernment quota will be canceled ?  I heard that EMB will send a letter to us and ask us to confirm whether we give up the central allocation.  Anyone has some idea about this ?  Thanks.

37#
發表於 04-11-11 00:01 |只看該作者

dear tigerboy,
please check pm.
tks

38#
發表於 04-11-11 01:35 |只看該作者

my experience:

EMB will send parents letters stating that which schools u have applied for your kids & mention again that if u registered to any of the schools, government quota (central allocation) will be canceled.

not just raimondi, actually all primary schools are required to report to EMB the list of applicants.

tigerboy
‹ 上一主題|下一主題