發表於 04-10-20 13:06 |只看該作者

Down Sydrome 唐氏綜合症

誠意與大家分享經歷
作為唐氏bb的媽媽

mum to astha

2#
發表於 04-10-20 13:13 |只看該作者

Re: Down Sydrome 唐氏綜合症

Thanks for your willingness to share. How old is your baby?
Halu ;-)

3#
發表於 04-10-20 18:39 |只看該作者

Hi, halusan

My daughter is 12 months old now, she is our first child.
We found out that she has DS after she born.  It was a big shock for us at the beginning but we recovered it in a very short period because my husband and I accept that what she is.  I keep searching  more information on the internet and read many other parent's stories so we know that she will be okay.
I breastfed her until she was 10 months old and everything seems to okay.  Doctor said she is 3-4 months delay with the normal kid.  
Do you want to know more?

mum to Astha

4#
發表於 04-10-20 20:56 |只看該作者

It might be useful for you to contact the 香港唐氏綜合症協會 at 27187774 (www.hk-dsa.org.hk), if you haven't done so. They operate a parent support service and certainly you'll meet parents in the same situation as yours.

5#
發表於 04-10-20 22:04 |只看該作者

Dr.T
Thnaks for the information.
Yes, I do contact the social worker from there. And she is very nice & helpful.

mum to Astha

6#
發表於 04-10-20 23:16 |只看該作者

Yes, the social worker is quite nice.

I'd given a talk on speech development in April. Don't know if you've attended.
Halu ;-)

7#
發表於 04-10-21 00:04 |只看該作者

thanks so much!

My daughter is waiting to attend the early intervention centre. Doctor said she doesn't needs to see SP at the moment because she still young, thanks again.

mum to Astha
btw, how old is yr child (boy/girl)?

8#
發表於 04-10-21 00:09 |只看該作者

Glad to know.

As you may read from other message that I'm a ST. Just wanna see if anything I can help.
Halu ;-)

9#
發表於 04-10-21 16:14 |只看該作者

Hi halusan

Where are you working at? and how much will you charge for a session?  Usually when these children should start the speech therapy? Astha is attending the phyciotherpy & OT. Please advice.
I want my daughter go into "Watchdog" ? Because they can provide music therapy too.
Tell me more information about your talk pls.

Thanks
mum to Astha  :

10#
發表於 04-10-21 17:12 |只看該作者

halusan 寫道:
Glad to know.

As you may read from other message that I'm a ST. Just wanna see if anything I can help.

Dear Halu,
我想請問如何提升專注力差既小朋友上言語治療師堂呀

11#
發表於 04-10-21 17:24 |只看該作者

Local students seldom go to Watchdog.

What's Astha's mother tongue?

For music therapy, I'd attend courses on it. It's quite useful when children loves music, and it can help to promote speech production. It's worth trying. And now I am trying to implement elements of music therapy into speech sessions. And child could echo me with some vocalisation.

For the presentation info, I've sent you PM.
Halu ;-)

12#
發表於 04-10-21 17:32 |只看該作者

Dear HelenMrs.Lau,

How long is the attention span of your child?
Halu ;-)

13#
發表於 04-10-21 17:44 |只看該作者

隻仔無時定 多數都係眼尾瞄一瞄咁囉
halusan 寫道:
Dear HelenMrs.Lau,

How long is the attention span of your child?

14#
發表於 04-10-21 17:47 |只看該作者

Can you tell me how long he can keep on task when doing something he like. Besides, by general impression, how long he can focus on his HW?

If you want to improve his attention span, you can use the reinforcement system or the token system.

Have you tried this before?
Halu ;-)

15#
發表於 04-10-21 17:50 |只看該作者

reinforcement system or the token system,SORRY!我未聽過 係乜黎

16#
發表於 04-10-21 18:08 |只看該作者

Ok, if you haven't heard it before, nevermind.

It's just a systematically use of reinforcer. The reinforce is something thatm the child likes, and use it as reward when the child does something good.

This means, in order to keep the child doing something, or stay longer on task, you can pair the work with the reinforcer. The child needs to earn the tokens to exchange for the reinforcer.

For example, the child's attention span is one minute. The goal is to let the child focus on task for 1.5 minute. Then you ask the child to do the work, but the reinforcer will not be given right away. Instead, he earned a token. And let him know that if he gained 2 tokens in total, he'll be rewarded. Then ask the child do the task again, and then got another token. Usually, by doing this, you can prolong the time the child spent on the activity. And thus acheiving the goal of prolongation of attention span.

Try la.  
Halu ;-)

17#
發表於 04-10-26 16:33 |只看該作者

多謝你既pm回覆.
我係百份佰"香港人", 但我老公就係"尼泊爾"人, 我媽媽同我地一起住幫我湊女, 咁所以我地係屋企都會用雙語溝通.
想知道"雙語溝通"既環境下會否影響到小朋友學講說話的進展? 唐氏小朋友因"肌肉張力低"既問題對佢地學講說話有幾大的影響?
如要参加你的講座, 應怎樣報名?
mumtoastha  

18#
發表於 04-10-26 16:45 |只看該作者

halusan
可否提供音樂治療課程的資料, 要有什麼資格才可報讀, 一般人可報讀嗎?
thanks,
mumtoastha

19#
發表於 04-10-27 14:51 |只看該作者

To reginang,

Child learning bilingually is not a problem. But it's better to control the learning environment and the person who speak particular language to the child. It's better to avoid having bilingual speech at the same time, this would confuse the child. This means, during conversation, try to avoid saying Cantonese and 尼泊爾 at the same time.

For music therapy, there're several centers provide this service. But I can tell you, some of lessons are not conducted by the music therapist.
Halu ;-)

20#
發表於 04-10-28 00:04 |只看該作者

reinforcement system or the token system 是很好的方法去幫助/加強-我們希望增強孩子的行為,用得恰當很有效
‹ 上一主題|下一主題