優才好或臻美好 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-9-28 23:26 |只看該作者

優才好或臻美好

各就讀家長請發表意見.

2#
發表於 04-9-28 23:44 |只看該作者

Re: 優才好或臻美好

Subject title is not that good.  They are both good and have a mission for educating students for the new century.  Not meaningful to say 優才好或臻美好.   Parents should evaluate their kids and choose the one which 'they' consider is suitable for their kid.

Instead, we may ask existing parents of these two schools to share their experience what they consider their school is doing good or bad.

3#
發表於 04-9-29 01:33 |只看該作者

My son studies in GT school 優才 as P1 student. It is almost a month now. He feels quite happy and like the school very much so far. I sure that would be same as other school. School should give fun time and not only hard time when start their life time learning. I agree with Thinker.  Each school would have their strength. Parent just picks the one that is more suitable their kid.

For the strength of the school, you can easily find from GT School such as small class, 4 English teachers, encouraging creativity and with direct secondary school.  I sure 臻美 should have similar good points. But in GT School, they do have traditional stuff. The student assessment is still done by test and exams. Each term would have one test and one exam. My son does have homework everyday and takes around an hour to finish. The school does have spelling game. Technically, it is just kind of dictation. We do spend some time with him on revision. I hope that would helpful for you to understand the school in different perceptive.

4#
發表於 04-9-29 03:14 |只看該作者

GT has small class of 25, pagesus is increasing its size up to 32 (for chinese, eng and maths, class size is decided differently according to abilities of students)

I observe that GT is far more traditional than pagesus, as chunhei said

but GT has a longer history of running school and seems a better management.

5#
發表於 04-9-29 15:42 |只看該作者

Perth,

For your information:
(1)The English name of the school you mentioned above should be " Pegasus " while the Chinese name is ' 基督教臻美黃乾亨小學暨初中學校 '. Up to now it is the first and only one school in Hong Kong that students can enjoy their nine years school life (小一至中三) continuously in one campus. Pegasus will open her own "高中學院" in 06 school year.

(2)The classrooms is designed for 42 students by the government while Pegasus set the maximum number of students in each class is 32.
Not existing "pagesus is increasing its size up to 32" but rather Pegasus decreasing its size from 42 to 32 or below .Many classes are around 25 or below.
And the spirit of small class is to create more time in the same lesson for the teacher to take care the  students better. The best way to do so is [size=small]全面推行 "拔尖補底". Do you know how many more teachers should Pegasus employ to attain this ideal program in the whole school (for the three main subjects) ?

(3)For your information, 04-05 school fee of Pegasus is $1500.x10 (including "潛能活動") Pegasus is famous in many aspects (already reported by several newspapers) such as got excellent results in World Class Arena and Cambridge examination, the high school graduates of Pegasus can directly enter over ten universities (increasing in the coming year) over the world but out of all she is famous for  "小朋友讀得開心,老師極有愛心,家長好放心!"

Hoping the above info. can help those who really want to know Pegasus by fact. Honestly speaking, my kid enjoys Pegasus and I admire her so much, we don't want to see the public misunderstands our school and we have no intention to compare her to any other school. Thanks!

6#
發表於 04-9-29 15:50 |只看該作者

"the high school graduates of Pegasus can directly enter over ten universities (increasing in the coming year) over the world"

Please eleborate what is the arrangement of this.

What is the plan of "高中學院"and what exam will the students attend?

Regards.
[img align=right]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1595/1177251203qp3.gif[/img][img align=left]http://photo1.bababian.com/20070429/6B55A5CBB5D1563198CBBC137F5E1B11.jpg[/img]

7#
發表於 04-9-29 15:51 |只看該作者

"the high school graduates of Pegasus can directly enter over ten universities (increasing in the coming year) over the world"

Please eleborate what is the arrangement of this.

What is the plan of "高中學院"and what exam will the students attend?

Regards.
[img align=right]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1595/1177251203qp3.gif[/img][img align=left]http://photo1.bababian.com/20070429/6B55A5CBB5D1563198CBBC137F5E1B11.jpg[/img]

8#
發表於 04-9-29 17:49 |只看該作者

Paris,

(1)請問你的小朋友就讀那間小學?

(2)"eleborate"是否應為"elaborate"?
      請不要見笑,某些家長稱串錯字或打錯字為"行政問題"。
      你的學校同類的小問題是否也被如此看待?

(3)現階段由於學校未公佈詳情,我不宜在此談太多。
      我的宗旨是根據事實去報導,請見諒!

***有時間可參閱「請教臻美小學家長」。謝謝!

9#
發表於 04-9-30 13:37 |只看該作者

jochebed,

Sorry, are you referring  "行政問題" or 小問題 to the issue of 'the high school graduates of Pegasus can directly enter over ten universities.....'. If yes, fine.

But I think it is not a small problem, the policy and education system a school adopt is a very important issue indeed.  I understand the fact ' 學校未公佈詳情'.  I asked just based on what you post. As it sounds really good, I just want to clarify. Please do not feel offended.

My kid is in kiddy. I am interested in the new DSS. I raised the same question in the column of 蔡繼有.

Regards.

10#
發表於 04-9-30 14:41 |只看該作者

Paris ,

(1)'are you referring "行政問題" or 小問題 to the issue…?'
No, but "串錯字/打錯字".

(2)As it sounds really good, you just want to clarify. Please do not feel I am offended. Please be patient
since I should be the one waiting for the coming news as my kid has already studied in the school for three years comparing to your kid who is still in kiddy.
Thanks for your concern to our school!

11#
發表於 04-9-30 16:12 |只看該作者

Thank you for your response.

Looking forward to the coming news of your school!

12#
發表於 04-9-30 16:32 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 04-10-2 01:22 |只看該作者

How is it good for the kid to spend both their primary and secondary school years on the same campus?

Or is it the mix of primary and secondary students that is really valuable?

Ying Wa's primary and secondary sections are also on the same campus, but there is a "line" that the students cannot cross over to each other's campus.

I had also spent all my K3 to F.6 years on the same campus, divided by a gate between primary and secondary.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖