發新帖
查看: 7686|回覆: 5
go

有無好的言語治療師介紹? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-10-7 21:04 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 有無好的言語治療師介紹?

Dear all,
I hire a private S.T. who visits my home.  Being a fresh graduate from HKU, she is patient and willing to try new methods to enligthen my son.  Although she does not have any experience, she can teach my son very well and my son listens to her instruction.  She has worked for me for about 7 months.  I had tried Raymond Lee for one month.  His schedule is very tight and he gives me very odd time --- 7:00p.m.  Raymond was very exhausted after all day work.  He could not perform very well when he taught my son.  I think that the arrangement of time is very important.  I prefer to have home-visit S.T. as this can save my time and my son feels less exhausted.  He can learn happily at home with minimum pressure.
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

2#
發表於 04-10-8 07:43 |顯示全部帖子

Dear ClaudeeMa,
My son was diagnosed as developmental delay by the CAC (maybe autistic as diagnosed by a private doctor, language delay for 9 months) in January 2004 at the age of 3 years and 10 months.  He still has language delay for about 9 - 6 months now, all depends on his performance in the language test.  After 7 months ST, my ST says that his actual delay should be 6 months.  My son speaks all the time and is eager to communicate with everyone at home; he also talks to children who are older than him or at his age.  At school, my son is in K2, but he attends the ST of K3.  Teachers say that he can answer questions appropriately.  He attends the Sunday school of the church and the instructor comments that he can follow all the instructions and mixes well with other children.   

I had ever attended a speech seminar of the CAC and the speaker (a ST from the government) told me that to speak well or to pass the speech assessment test is not really very difficult.  The most difficult one IS TO SPEAK TO THE RIGHT PERSON THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT MOMENT OF TIME.  TO PURSUE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILL SHOULD BE THE ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE OF ST.  I strongly agree with him as many A-feature children don't speak appropriately.  As parents, we must observe the speech of our children and rectify them as much as possible.  Earlier actions can lead to better results.  Work hard.

"凡流淚撒種的, 必歡呼收割"

maxnew 寫道:
Dear Mrsphcheung,

Sorry that I didn't get time to call you tonight.  I will try my best tomorrow night.  I do think my son, Max's ST is quite good.  By anyway, will tell you more on the phone.

3#
發表於 04-10-12 07:45 |顯示全部帖子

Raymond said that my son was very easy to train as he was very co-operative.  He gave my son one hour training for three times a week. I didn't know whether this was the reason for him to give me 7:00p.m.

Although my ST is just a fresh graduate from HKU, she is very dedicated to her work and my son enjoys being with her.  His progress is quite good.  I think that good teacher-student relationship is also an important factor for effective learning.

4#
發表於 04-10-13 07:53 |顯示全部帖子

承承媽媽,
The student STs at the clinic are under the supervision of the tutor from the university.  Most of them are from Year 2.  Student STs in Year 4 conduct practises in hospitals or special schools.  It takes 4 years to complete the degree.  So, you can imagine how 'green' the student STs at the clinic are.  By the way, they just practise for several months.  It means that your child will be taught by another person later.  In my opinion, a child with speech delay should be taught by the same person so as to keep close follow-up of the child's progress.  

5#
發表於 04-10-14 13:26 |顯示全部帖子

Dear katharine,
My son's situation is similar to you.  My son was diagnosed as developmental delay by government CAC at the age of 3 years and 10 months.  But private child psychiatrist diagnosed him as autism, not just autistic.  If you hear from his scary saying, you really want to die.

My son also visited Raymond before.  But we hire another one later.

The ST from Duchess of Kent trained my son once every month for 15 minutes.  My son went there for three times and the service was stopped once my son got the 'I' place.

A newly graduated educational psychologist told me that a child with autistic features was not a child suffered from autism.  Even normal children may have a little bit.  He says that with proper training, the features (if not so severe) will diminish as he grows up.  He also mentions that parents should do their best to train their children before 7 years old.  After 7, it would be less effective.  His conclusion is that if the child's behaviour is not anti-social and does not affect his learning, just let go.  He is really a very caring psychologist.  He cares about my feeling.  Maybe, he just tries to comfort me.      

6#
發表於 04-10-14 13:37 |顯示全部帖子

我成日諗, 交甘多稅都不知做mug, 去左邊?

We pay tax but we seldom benefit from the government.  If my son completely relies on government's minimal ST service, my son will not make great progress.  The CAC diagnosed my son to have fine motor skill delay for 9 months, but no OT was given.  Even my son's 'I' place school's OT commented that my son is O.K..  I feel very angry about all these.  If I don't seek for any training for my son, nobody will care.  My friend's son (resides in Canada) suffers from moderate autism, he gets Applied Behaviour Analysis for 48 hours @ week and a special teacher teaches him on a one-to-one basis every day.  The government provides all these.  He is now 7 years old and his A-features are very very mild.  How come our government just collects us tax but never cares about our children?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題