用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享 ...
樓主: AlanB
go

優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-10-11 13:29 |只看該作者

Re: 優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享

charis & Alan B,
Thank you for your response.

Heather

42#
發表於 04-10-12 00:14 |只看該作者

古仲天媽咪您好,

我是駿顯,這麼夜都未睡,和您打個招呼,您好嗎?

仲天今日去動植物公園時在車上好嘈,我沒有秒下他的名字。       

[img align=right]johnny.datayard.com[/img]

43#
發表於 04-10-12 23:45 |只看該作者

Hi Alan and Johnny,
I'm rather surprised to find that even Little Johnny stayed up late last night. Do you usually go to bed late?
Playing Chinese Chess is definitely a good hobby and a great way to train up our mind. I guess Johnny must be good at Maths also since I read that Chess playing is connected to our mathematical skills and spatial reasoning.(if I remember correctly) Good job, Johnny.
CDMom

44#
發表於 04-10-13 01:00 |只看該作者

Hi CDMom,

It is lovely to hear ChunHei got his classmate's parent here   I sure we can share more variable information here later.
I hope it is not too late to answer your question. My son got the spell game word list (yellow color one and white color one). Today, he also got the spelling game result that did last week.  

Hi Charis,

I got same feeling as you. After ordering winter school uniform. We still got order form for magazine, mandarin CD, computer graphic CD, education web site membership. The school didn't recommend which items are good or not. Sometimes, I get lost and not sure whether I should order all for him.  The most importance is my son didn't have time to play with them. Did Adrian order those items ?  But we didn't order sport jacket for him that is too expensive and will be useful for few days only.

For "A passage a day", my son loves it very much since last Saturday. Obviously, he has challenge reading the question but he do enjoy to do it everyday. His password is sticked on the front page of his school hand book.

Hi Alan,

I think my son have same challenge as your son. As primary one student, it is turning point to him to increase his vocabalary words quickly. Now, we try to let him remember few words a day to increase his vocabulary slowly. We hope that would helpful.

This Saturday is school picnic. I just wonder anyone will join the picnic. I hope see all of you there.

45#
發表於 04-10-13 09:36 |只看該作者

Should I type in English?  

I got several questions to ask for about GT, please help.

1. Is it difficult to enter GT? How is the interview?  Any talent need for the applicant?

2. Happy school life?

3.  Any other charges besides school fee?  Why need to pay for 11 months' school fee?  

4.  What the difference of the teaching style between GT and other primary schools?

46#
發表於 04-10-13 18:27 |只看該作者

CDMom,

We have already improved our sleeping time from 1:00am - 2:00am upto  1:00 am before. As Johnny is unwilling go to sleep unless I come back home. I am very busy and always return home after 10:00 pm.

Today morning, Johnny have played Chiness Chess and get the winner among the P5 and P6 eldder student.

AlanB
[url=http//www.johnny.datayard.com]https//www.johnny.datayard.com[/url]

47#
發表於 04-10-13 18:35 |只看該作者

Chunhei 媽咪,

We have joined the picnic already and nice to meet you on Saturday.

AlanB   :evil:    

48#
發表於 04-10-13 19:12 |只看該作者

Hi all parents,

We will join the school picnic too.  Unfortunately Adrian's dad has to go to work on that day, so we will go with Adrian's aunt.  I can't help drooling when I think of the BBQ food list!  Yummy...:)

Chun-hei's mom,
We didn't order any of the computer software or CDs, as those are just sales items from outside companies.  But I did order some magazines as well as Daily 7 for him, as I like reading a lot.  I try my best to read with Adrian, hoping to arouse his interest in reading.  
For the fleece jackets...i ordered one as Adrian is not that strong.  He feels cold quite easily.  :(

49#
發表於 04-10-13 22:08 |只看該作者

Hi parents,

Thank you Chunhei's mom. I finally "discovered" the spelling game results on Monday. 2 worksheets at the same time. I guess maybe the dictation this coming Friday will not be the same as the spelling game in format.
We'll be going to the picnic as well. See you all then.

CDMom

50#
發表於 04-10-14 00:04 |只看該作者

Hi AlanB,

I need your advice on how to manage Jonhny's rest hour if he sleep at 1am.  What time does he wake up in the morning ?  Could you let us know how many sleeping hours for Johnny a day?  Do you think that the sleeping hours affecting his day time performance ?     
ChunHei used to be sleep at midnight and manage to have 7 hour sleeping a day but I found he was very tired during day time. Now, I force him to go to bed at 10pm and enosure to have 9 hours sleeping time a day.  I wonder whether Chun Hei can sleep 7 or 8 hours  a day without affect his daytime performance. If we can manage it,  we can have more time with him.

51#
發表於 04-10-14 13:46 |只看該作者

Dear Chun-hei's mom,

Every family is different.  As Alan said, he went home late so that Johnny stayed up late at night.  That's their family time.  :)

Can you (or your husband) go home early?  If not, you can train Chun-hei to do some of the jobs when you're not back home.  E.g.  ask him to do all the homework that he knows, go and listen to the passage in web (or maybe even try those questions!), assign some vocabs for him to revise.  

I push Adrian to go to bed as early as possible, mostly around 9 or 9:30.  Luckily he is tired and falls asleep very soon.  Then he can get up at 7:00 without struggling in bed.

Winter is coming, and we need to train them before the weather is too cold!

Charis.

52#
發表於 04-10-14 16:47 |只看該作者

Chunhei 媽,

無論任何角度和情形下給予小孩子充足睡眠時間,對他們的身心都有莫大的幫助,尤以發育期間,睡眠與體內促使增高的賀以蒙激素分泌有很大的關係。

所謂家家有本難念的經,Johnny的生活習慣並不予以鼓勵。通常在放學後,他會與女傭回家,小睡1-2小時。6時後他的活動時間是:
1)和女傭捉棋:象棋或五子棋
2)用Giggo砌和創造不同的物體:飛機、戰車、機械人或怪獸。
3)自行上網玩網上遊戲、做每日一篇。

7時後:看電視劇集和吃晚飯。

媽媽放工回來時會和他署理學校功課和溫習,或是一起接收資訊,這包括以下各種媒體--
1)視像資訊:如電視劇集、新聞、影碟和網上資訊。
2)視聽資訊:欣賞聆聽各種音樂和歌曲。
3)雜誌資訊:報章,故事書和雜誌。
4)學校資訊:由於Johnny是小學教師,有些時係媽咪會給
                      Johnny一些其校內的練習給Johnny試做。

通常我回家的時間是9:00pm-12:00pm。因Johnny媽咪每朝要5:00am起床上學,我回家時大都睡了,Johnny常常等待我回家才睡。若果早些回家,我會和Johnny做以下的活動:

1.分享學校發生什麼事情。
2.溫習或學習如何解決家課的事情。
3.一起看動畫劇集:幪面超人-劍騎、高達、海賊王、鍊金
   魔術師…
4.回應Johnny當天收集資訊的問題:如IQ問題、如來神掌
    的人物劇情的發展…
5.一起閱讀漫畫書:如大聖王、大唐双龍傳
6.登人Baby-Kingdom網址瀏覽

0:00-1:00am 睡覺

07:00am  起床
07:40  步行回到校內捉象棋。

講真的,Johnny每天起床都非常疲倦,幸好他喜歡在上堂時可以和很多不同的年級班別的同學奕棋,才能開心地上學!
我會給予自己選擇,我想他能明白任何選擇都有相對性的付出,若他認為辛苦支持不來,便應早些睡覺!

當然,Johnny的身體是非常健康,這使我們不大過分擔憂因少睡而產生的健康問題,這要多謝媽咪能為他付出2歲半前的全母乳哺養。

AlanB     

53#
發表於 04-10-14 22:13 |只看該作者

Chunhei 媽咪,對不起,先前的post有些字打漏,可能令你們對駿顯的生活日程迷糊,現從新post:

無論任何角度和情形下給予小孩子充足睡眠時間,對他們的身心都有莫大的幫助,尤以發育期間,睡眠與體內促使增高的賀以蒙激素分泌有很大的關係。

所謂家家有本難念的經,Johnny的生活習慣並不予以鼓勵。通常在放學後,他會與女傭回家,小睡1-2小時。6時後他的活動時間是:

1)和女傭捉棋:象棋或五子棋
2)用Giggo砌和創造不同的物體:飛機、戰車、機
   械人或怪獸。
3)自行上網玩網上遊戲、做每日一篇。

7時後:看電視劇集和吃晚飯。

媽媽放工回來時會和他署理學校功課和溫習,或是一起接收資訊,這包括以下各種媒體--

1)視像資訊:如電視劇集、新聞、影碟和網上資
   訊。
2)視聽資訊:欣賞聆聽各種音樂和歌曲。
3)雜誌資訊:報章,故事書和雜誌。
4)學校資訊:由於Johnny媽咪是小學教師,有時媽咪會給Johnny一些她學校內的練習給 Johnny試做。

通常我回家的時間是9:00pm-12:00pm。
因Johnny媽咪每朝要5:00am起床回校上班,當我回家時大都入睡了,但Johnny常常等待我回家才肯睡。若果我早些回家,我會和Johnny做以下的活動:

1.分享學校發生什麼事情。
2.溫習或學習如何解決家課的事情。
3.一起看動畫劇集:幪面超人-劍騎、高達、海賊
   王、鍊鋼金術師…
4.回應Johnny當天收集資訊的問題:如IQ問題、
   如來神掌的人物劇情的發展…
5.一起閱讀漫畫書:如大聖王、大唐双龍傳。
6.登人Baby-Kingdom網址瀏覽。

0:00-1:00am 睡覺

07:00am 起床
07:40 步行回到校內捉象棋。

講真的,Johnny每天起床都非常疲倦,幸好他喜歡在上堂前可以和很多不同年級和班別的同學奕棋,才有動力開心地提早上學!

我會給予Johnny有自己選擇,他喜歡做的事情只要是不會太難接受,我都會尊重他的決定,但我更想他能明白到任何的選擇都會有相對性的付出,若他認為辛苦支持不來,便應早些睡覺!

當然,Johnny的身體是非常健康,這使我們不大過分擔憂因少睡而產生的健康問題,這要多謝媽咪能為他付出2歲半前的全母乳哺養。

AlanB   

54#
發表於 04-10-14 23:44 |只看該作者

Hi Charis, AlanB,

Thanks very much for sharing your valuable information !  I would say Johnny's life is very health and be well organized with his ideal parent.

For Chun Hei, after he start studying in primary school few weeks ago, we found he run out of time everyday.  My son has dinner with his grandparent  and he does homework there too. When he came home around 7, we review his classwork, studying, working on "A passage a day" and piano playing. Then, it is about time to go to bed. We even don't have time to read story books or playing chress (e.g. Quoridor, Figurix..) with him.

Now, we force ChunHei to sleep minimum 8 to 9 hours a day.  Unfortuntely, we are not lucky as Charis. He never want to go to bed early and he has struggle on the bed for more than half hour every day. If let him making decision, he can go to bed at midnight and wake up at 7. Apparently, he will have trouble to wake up in the morning and we worry he will not have energy to go to school.  

When my son was 4 years, he only sleep 7 hours a day for almost two years. We did a reasech in these two years and found he is slim and not growth as standard curve. As Alan mentioned, longer sleeping hours should be good for the kid for growth that is proven.  Therefore, we have to force him to go to bed early now. Obviously, we miss time with him on other activities.  We have lack of expereince to manage the situation.  In fact, he attend other classes such as piano, violin, drawing, swimming and scout now. And he would like to attend Taekwondo class as well.

I am not sure whether it is too much to my son but my son keep saying he has energy to mange them. I am exhaused some time but he is sill full of energy. Lastly, we do try our best to sqeeze time on Sunday with him to goto Museum or countryside to let him has a break.        

55#
發表於 04-10-17 00:06 |只看該作者

Hi all GT parents,

Too bad that I didn't have chance to meet Chun-hei's mom or CDMom in the picnic.  Adrian enjoys the picnic a lot, especially he can play different games with his classmates.  Although he got several minor wounds at the end, he had great fun.  Most kids were not interested in BBQ, maybe the weather was too hot and they had little appetite.  When we went back home, we couldn't wait to take a nap:  we were exhausted!

Hope that all of you enjoy the picnic too.

Charis.

56#
發表於 04-10-17 23:32 |只看該作者

We miss the chance to meet you and Alan too. My son loves the picnic very much. He is same as Adrian and got wounds on his legs but we are not lucky as you. My hyperactive son didn't go to bed until 10pm as usual. He still played football in the school after back from Sai Kung.

57#
發表於 04-10-19 18:58 |只看該作者

Today Adrian join the GT Choir selection session.  This is also my first time to go to GT school to pick him up after school!  Suddenly I look like one of those caring moms...hee hee.  
I am quite exhausted when we're back home, not to mention to do homework as well as the A passage a day!
Just curious to ask:  Adrian cannot do those english exercises on his own.  I have to explain each question to him, and guide him to get the correct answers.  How about your kids?  Do they need your help as well?  Adrian said that the exercises are sometimes difficult, especially Unit 4.  Hope that I can spare more time to revise with him before the test week!
Charis.

58#
發表於 04-10-19 23:53 |只看該作者

I think our son facing similar challenge on reading questions for english exercise by himself.  He should be in the process learning how to read questions as first two months in his formal school life. We are trying to help him now. We are doing some sample tests(mock) to let him familiar the test model. We hope that is helpful to him facing his first test in his life.  

My son applied for advanced violin class.  He has been learning violin for one year. I am not sure whether the school will accept him to join the school team but they does not allow him to apply for junior violin class at the same time. If school accept him, he has to stay in the school until 5pm on Friday and we have to pick him by ourselves. We are not sure it is good or bad. Anyway, let see whether he is lucky or we are lucky.

59#
發表於 04-10-20 11:17 |只看該作者

請教各位優才家長﹐上課 (中﹐數﹐其他課)﹐ 是用甚麼語言﹖謝謝

60#
發表於 04-10-20 11:31 |只看該作者

Chunhei Ma and Charis,

昨天晚上,回家協助Johnny做功課,中文的學習理念是要求學生從課文的理解回答習作。這種模式我非常讚同,但對一般初一學生是需時間適應。因為有很多學校課程習作差不多衹是要求學生閱讀後過字搬字地填上答案,這並未能令孩子充分理解課文詞彙所有的意義。

我處理的方法是將課文當故事講解予Johnny,儘量不需他看閱課文,然後將課文融匯習作中,Johnny便很容易處理。

英文方面,雖然是要求學生組寫句子,重點在於單數及眾數的認知。我要求Johnny必須明白理解題目的意義,這樣將Johnny以後做習作有很大的幫助。

相對數學的習作來說,我就有些微言,我發覺問題的設定性很不清楚,尤以涉及兩件物體相互的座標方向問題,自身沒有設定座標,無論學生的答案是什麼,它既可以是對,也可以是錯,混淆不清,很容易誤導幼兒是非概念,校方在選擇這種習作時應多加注意。

課外活動,我為Johnny選擇了機械人製造班,因年級細小,初度為老師婉拒,但和老師推薦從前Johnny在這方面的認知和希昐的熱誠,終獲接允,但由於參加者眾,雖抽籤決定,現在還是靜待佳音!

AlanB
‹ 上一主題|下一主題