用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享 ...
樓主: AlanB
go

優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-9-24 16:21 |只看該作者

Re: 優才學校小一入學報名及個人profile的分享

Charis 您好,

優才今天下午不用上課,現在我和駿顯一齊上網睇BK,佢好想知道Andrian的中文姓名,可否轉告?

這兩週很多活動,不知小朋友們經歷的中文默書、英文Spelling Game和才華班測試的情形如何?希望大家交換吓!

駿顯話佢係中文默書時錯了一個半字、英文Spelling Game都有D做錯,不過才華班的趣味數學測試就攞到84分!

上星期的親子花燈製作,不知大家有沒有和小朋友一起製作。我們一家用了一些再造咭紙及塑膠樽加上已破爛的電燈做了盎花燈。星期一早會帶回校時,駿顯被陳校長邀請上台講解如何製作花燈,若有早上送小朋友上學的家長,大家
當天在台上聲大大,非常認真地講解的小朋友就是駿顯嚟!

[url=http//www.johnny.datayard.com]https//www.johnny.datayard.com[/url]

22#
發表於 04-9-25 00:43 |只看該作者

We just got the result for english dictation today. He has a lot of mistakes. Next week, we have to spend more time with him on studying.   I got a question for AlanB. How can you know your son's Chinese dictation result. I asked my son. He said he done the great job but I never seen the result yet. Not sure whether it is true.

My son got the Talent class assigment result today. He will attend computer graphic design and leadership class. His first choice is computer graphic design and maths class. I think his math result is not as good as 駿顯. Therefore, school assign the second choice for him.

We also didn't have time to work the lantern for my son. It will be definitely in our agenda next year.

See you tomorrow in the school,

23#
發表於 04-9-25 07:55 |只看該作者

Dear Chunhei's mom,
Adrian brought his chinese dictation back home on Thursday.  Did Chunhei bring his book back too?  Also, I think the kids know their own performance right after the dictation.  It is easy for them to know whether they can dictate those vocabs correctly or not.
Charis.

24#
發表於 04-9-26 13:36 |只看該作者

Dear Charis,

My son did bring chinese dictation back home yet.  When I asked him each time, his answer is "I didn't know it?"  It just let us worry.

25#
發表於 04-9-28 21:36 |只看該作者

There will be spelling game in the coming Thur and Chinese dictation (again?!) next week.  Hope that Adrian and your kids can deal with those!  :)

26#
發表於 04-9-29 01:01 |只看該作者

Thanks for your advice ! In fact, we are doing revision with my son now. It is almost 20 words for the spelling game. It would be a busy mid-autumn holiday for him but we will not miss it this time.  

How's last weekend in the school ? We spent good fun in the school. He spent most of time playing football. I think this year is more sucessful and more fun than last year.

27#
發表於 04-9-30 11:41 |只看該作者

deleted.

28#
發表於 04-9-30 11:42 |只看該作者

Dear Alan,
I have email my answer to your mail box. Thank once again for your help.

ALAL

29#
發表於 04-10-7 06:41 |只看該作者

Hi Chunhei Mom and AlanB,

It's a month since our kids entered GT school!  Really time flies.

Adrian is getting better and better.  Recently the homework he records in his handbook is OK, at least he copies everything down.  :)  Maybe the spelling-game is still not very difficult, he can master it as well.  We have to spend some time on the Chinese vocabs though.

He started his Talent Class on Tuesday, but he said he was not THAT interested in Taewondo.  Oh...it was I who made such suggestion in this choice.  Hope that he will enjoy it later on.

Hope to hear from you all too!

Charis.

30#
發表於 04-10-7 11:21 |只看該作者

Charis,

As I know from Johnny, Adrian select both Taewondo at Thuesday and Wensday, I think it should be better to diversifly the child interest . After the Tawondo lesson, Johnny feel excit to learn the "unch", "Axe cake" and other actions.

Today, Johnny will enjoy his another Talent Class lession, 3Q 新人類.

I think either the Spelling- games or the Chinese dictation is quite difficult to the P. 1 student. Last night, we need to help Johnny to prepare tomorrow Spelling-game, there are over 50 vocabs. The child is supposed to know how to spell all words for each vocabs.

Alan.     :  :  

31#
發表於 04-10-7 22:55 |只看該作者

Hiya Alan,

Yes, Adrian joined the Taewondo class together with Johnny.  But Adrian didn't mention any names of those actions.  He just told me the kids were asked to 'kick a wooden block'...Well, maybe I need to gather more information myself.
Today he joins 'Football Kids' and he said he had lots of fun.  So relieved to know that he enjoys it!
To Chunhei's mom as well:

I received the school circulars about ordering winter uniform.  I found that it costs more than 1000 to get 2 sets of necessary uniform, plus those PE jackets or vests!  Definitely kids are money-eating monsters....I really wanted to give him a kick when I wrote all those cheques!

Also, how's Chunhei or Johnny doing with the "A passage a day"?  We spent about 5 - 10 minutes in order to finish a passage (including answer those questions).  But I think Adrian cannot understand the content at all.  He always makes guesses.  Maybe he's weak in reading comprehension.  :(

Keep in touch,
Charis.

32#
發表於 04-10-9 01:47 |只看該作者

"Long time no talk",Alan, and hello to Charis and Chun Hei's mum.
I have been very busy lately and haven't posted anything in Babykingdom for quite a while. I'm delighted to find that you are chatting so happily recently and I can't wait to join in. Let me introduce myself. To Alan, of course I'm no stranger. For the information of the  other 2 mums, I'm Chantelle's mum. Yes, Chantelle who is in 1A. Sorry Chunhei's mum but I regret to say that I've got a very bad memory and can't recall your look. Maybe next time we can spot each other at school. I got the"A passage a day" notice the other day but was very puzzled because I haven't got any password or other info to get into the system. Have you all got it? Please advice.
Chantelle is doing fine at school. She is joining English drama and dancing for her talent classes. So far she is enjoying both. Chunhei's mum, can you tell me whether Chunhei has got back his spelling game worksheets for last week yet?(Units 3 & 4) I wonder why I can't find it in Chantelle's bag. Thanks.

33#
發表於 04-10-9 07:36 |只看該作者

Hi CDMom,
It's really a surprise to see you here!  I remember there was a thread here discussing talent kid, and your daughter is one of them...hope that I don't mix you up with someone else.  :)
For the "A passage a day", you can find the password on the second page of Chantelle's school handbook.  The circular mentioned this also, maybe you overlooked it.  So you can start with her!
Happy weekend,
Charis.

34#
發表於 04-10-9 09:24 |只看該作者

Charis,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'll check it at once. I guess I'm the one who appeared in another thread discussing gifted children long time ago. Have I ever had any discussions with you?
Happy weekend to you too,
CDMom

35#
發表於 04-10-9 13:41 |只看該作者

Hi,各位優才家長大家好:

最近大家或多或少有為孩子默書的事情而煩惱,駿顯升讀小一,在這方面無論是中文或英文都遇有困難。

我很嗟異為什麼他能聽讀這麼多詞彙,但默寫的能力卻不成比例。我才發覺聽讀和撰寫的能力是兩碼事。

為了加強駿顯這方面的能力,我想出一個還未實踐的辦法,希望大家給一些意見和實踐的成效:首先,我認為學童對詞彙的聽讀寫能力是基於認知和應用。在過往的分享中,我經常帶出駿顯的聽讀能力往往是透過在唱頌民歌或詩詞取得,無論是中文或英文歌曲,不斷地為他播送和一起唱頌,到了他能完全能掌握將整首歌唱頌後,我便會將歌詞放大給駿顯記認。由於駿顯已能背誦歌詞,其自然能由詞彙的序列辦讀文字。

現在,我會繼續和駿顯玩這遊戲:先為他牢植一些歌詞的記憶,接著才遂個遂個文字和他一起練寫。英文字句若能背誦,加上phonic的拼音法,我相信是較容易幫助他們書寫字句。我現在和駿顯協議在一個月內唱頌10首中英文歌,到時將歌詞默寫出來,若能成功地做到,會給予獎勵!透過寓獎賞於遊戲學習中,必然令他們的能力有所提高。雖然,短期性對於學校的默書不一定有很大的幫助,但這方法我覺得更能令他們能牢記所學的一切(包括聽、讀、寫的能力)當在往後的日子中,假如孩子能掌握背默數拾首的中英文歌曲的歌詞,這很容易涵蓋學校要求的默書內容,這樣孩子的學習便輕鬆得多了。期望各位參與討論這辦法或是一起實行。到若干時候,再臨分享!   

Alan B
      :  :evil:  

36#
發表於 04-10-9 20:05 |只看該作者

各位優才家長,
校長說優才是一所少功課, 多關懷的學校,不著重死記硬背,但為何小一剛開學便要背誦這麼多的生字?要背50個生字?是否太吃力?
因女兒今年考優才,想知多點,請多多指教.

37#
發表於 04-10-9 21:55 |只看該作者

Hi CDMom,
I didn't join the thread about gifted children as Adrian is definitely not a gifted child.  I just read some of the discussion by that time.

To Heather,
50 vocab may sound terrifying, but most of them are very easy, like 'boy,' 'girl', 'dog', 'cat', 'pen', 'taxi', 'fly', 'jump', etc.  Sometimes they have more difficult vocab like 'crocodile', 'giraffe' but I think the kids do well as the first few dictations are conducted as Spelling Game.  Also not 50 vocab every time.  Don't be scared.
I think the teachers we have met in GT School are really nice, responsible, helpful and cheerful.  Also most parents are willing to make contribution to the school in different aspects.  Personally I like this school although I must admit that it is not my 'dream school'.  :)

To Alan,
I was so ashamed that I don't spend as much time with Adrian as you do with Johnny.  I only spend little time in revising the vocab with him, mostly in form of playing games.  I prefer reading with him together as Adrian is quite weak in reading comprehension and speaking.  

38#
發表於 04-10-10 17:33 |只看該作者

Heather,

抱歉地將小一默書的故事令您誤解優才是一背誦式學校。我覺得優才對小一學生是有期望,但並不是嚴峻的要求。

中英文的認知是瞭解和學習語文的最基本原素。正因優才注重創意和理解,所以對學生語文的根基是非常關注的。

當然,由幼兒升讀小一而需要面對這麼多默書的事情,說真的,並不是每一個學生,應該是家長可以輕鬆地過渡,但我深信崎嶇道路以後才能踏上康莊大道。

我期望著大家的孩子能過渡這一關,那麼他們往後的學習生涯定必輕安自在。

Alan B

39#
發表於 04-10-11 00:04 |只看該作者

Yes, comparing to some traditional "brand-name" schools which set their dictation syllabus on complicated readers(such as the "Wide Range Series" ones), I guess the pressure(if any) GT School puts on the students (and parents)is really nothing.This is my personal opinion.

40#
發表於 04-10-11 11:51 |只看該作者

嘩CDMom,

你又這麼晚才睡,我已不復當年勇猛了!十月份頗為辛苦,每天都和駿顯一起步行回校,直到早會後才離去。以往十數時才起床的日子已不復再。

既然早起,索性早起一些,每個上學天,我們約8時30分回到學校開局。開什麼局?就是棋局,有時玩中國象棋,又時用圍棋棋子玩五子棋。

由於駿顯是一年級,坐下來對局暫未逢敵手,這引來其他高班同學的好奇和好勝的挑戰心。每天早上,一大班人圍在操場上的石枱上對奕,非常熱鬧。駿顯每下一局,必須大家互報姓名和班別(好有江湖決戰的色彩   : ),久而久之,一大班人由不認識到相知,駿顯便開拓了他的人際空間,更能融洽優才的生活!

AlanB
‹ 上一主題|下一主題