教育王國 討論區 教育講場 mother goose
發新帖
查看: 1996|回覆: 14
go

mother goose [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-7-15 20:25 |只看該作者

mother goose

請問mother goose 和 迪士尼美語有什麼不同?Which one is better?? Thanks!!

2#
發表於 04-7-15 23:09 |只看該作者

Re: mother goose

Mother goose is a set of nursery rhymes including:
16 books
4 Music CDs
4 VCDs
It costs about $8xx if you buy from Singapore.  In HK, it is sold for $1xxx.  The differences between the two versions are the size of the book and the HK set includes small bookshelf.

Disney's World of English (DWE) includes music cds, DVDs, workbooks, toys, etc.  The price is around $3xxxx for full set.

3#
發表於 04-7-16 09:05 |只看該作者

Which one is better for baby? My daughter is 2 months old. I want to buy some material to teach her to learn english.

4#
發表於 04-7-17 17:42 |只看該作者

我估for2months的bb, mother goose is better, 因為佢係一些童謠及音樂, 而DWE係好colorful的畫面及輕快的歌, 以年紀咁細而言, mother goose 好dd , 我覺得

5#
發表於 04-7-17 18:14 |只看該作者

Did mother goose including reading machine? Thanks!!

6#
發表於 04-7-18 10:17 |只看該作者

clma 寫道:
Did mother goose including reading machine? Thanks!!

No, it does not include reading machine.
Just 16 books
4 Music CDs
4 VCDs

7#
發表於 04-7-18 12:00 |只看該作者

A book shelf and some dolls.

8#
發表於 04-7-19 02:06 |只看該作者

My daughter really like Mother Goose which I brough it via our net mom 1 - 1.5 year ago. I also brought Singapore DWE. I feel that Mother is more life and human, and DWE is more on Disney character. I think one of the bad impacts about DWE, if we let our kids to wacth DWE from very young age, their brain is full of Disney character, and they are probably Disney product's slave when they grow up.

Please note that I'm not defensive and just express my feeling.

9#
發表於 04-7-19 10:25 |只看該作者

Did mother goose use a goose to teacher english instead real human movie? Did Singapore DWE teacher baby wording/ Phase/ Sentance?

10#
發表於 04-7-21 00:11 |只看該作者

In Mother goose, the nursery rhymes are presented with half "real human movie" and half cartoons.  They also teach few basic words in the VCD.  It consists of around 60 nursery rhymes such as Little Miss Muffet, Round and round the garden, Old Macdonald, Jack in the Box, The Wheel on the Bus, etc.  

Pros of Mother Goose
- famous nursery rhymes
- affordable price

Cons of Mother Goose
- quality of the picture is not as good as DWE(less colourful)

If you want your baby to hear more nursery rhymes, it would be a good choice to purchase Mother Goose.  Of course, there are still other options.  Publisher "Ladybird" has a series of Nursery Rhymes (comes in 3 sets - Humpty Dumpty, Hey Diddle Diddle, and Incy Wincy Spider).  For each set, there is a book and CD/tape (costs around $50-70 per set).  With approx. 30 nursery rhymes for each set.   I think you could purchase from Longman for a cheaper price at the coming Book Fair.     

For DWE, I have the "lay Along" (3 DVDs and CDs) and "Sing Along" (4 DVDs and CDs) There are not much Disney Characters in these two sets.  The "lay Along" also comes with toys.  Comparing with Mother Goose, my daughter  (almost 2 years old) likes DWE better.  She will follow what she saw from the DWE.  I don't have the full set.  But I think what I have should be enough for my daughter. When she grows older, she will have many other choices like Preschool Power or Between the Lions.   Anyway, I do recommend baby to see "lay Along" and "Sing Along".  But bear in mind you should not let baby to watch TV for too long.  

11#
發表於 04-7-26 18:11 |只看該作者

Can you tell me where can i buy mother goose  in Hong Kong ?

12#
發表於 04-7-27 00:48 |只看該作者

I just brought in the 2004 book exbition.

13#
發表於 04-7-27 13:26 |只看該作者

How can I buy the Mother Goose ABC (SIN Ver.)?

14#
發表於 04-7-28 00:10 |只看該作者

Do you mean the Mother Goose nursery rhymes?  If yes, you can buy that from Singapore's Popular.  It costs around $8xx. If you bought that from HK, it costs approx. $1800.
The only difference between two versions have been mentioned in previous reply.

15#
發表於 04-8-2 12:31 |只看該作者

I have both of these sets.  To be honest, MG is good for young babies, I bought it when my girl is only 3 months old.  She likes it very much.  But I bought it from Smart Kids Club, which costs me $2800.  Of course I am their member and join other activites organised by them.

DWE is good too, but too expensive.  suitable for 2years old +.  more difficult, but attractive.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題