2#
發表於 09-2-25 12:01 |只看該作者
其實出面有好多地方都有得學普通話的
再唔係 請個導師1對1 

以國際學校幼稚園來講
大多數都只係一個星期有2堂 OR 每日15分鐘。。。都唔好期望學到好流利呵

3#
發表於 09-2-25 12:02 |只看該作者
現在還有学校不教中文嗎?  連外国人都学中文、生在香港的香港人不学中文、実在講不過去。  平日怎様生活呢!  家中自己教当然可以、但学校如果没有這科、小朋友不会想学的。  不竟英文比較中文容易、如果我是小朋友有得選択、我都不想学中文、起「馬」不用写得太辛苦。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

4#
發表於 09-2-25 12:27 |只看該作者
1.魚與熊掌豈可兼得?
2.市場經濟:有需求便有供應;
3.唔怕你冇中文學,只怕你冇錢學;
4.唔怕你有錢學,只怕你冇時間學;
5.唔怕你有時間學,只怕你小朋友冇心機學;
6.到你小朋友學好中文,又怕英文唔得Native;
7.重唱2-7(然後中文改成英文/日文/西班牙文...)

食得鹹魚抵得渴, 讀IS真係有好多缺點(貴;中文差;冇回頭路...好多好多...從略...)
未諗清楚,冇信心得o既會比失既多,千祈唔好亂o黎數

5#
發表於 09-2-25 13:04 |只看該作者
有時,我們這批父母是不是什麼都係自己唸好,才比個小朋友。

我身邊都有幾個朋友的細佬讀is,但小朋友不想說看中文、讀中文,香港的世界對他們來說是不明白的,因為香港處處以中文為主。去茶樓不會點點心,只會叫父母代筆,又看不起mandarin,總之中不中西不西似的,他們永遠打不入本地圈,全外籍圈子又不入了。英文好,比起local kids, 當然是。
但又未去到西人的水平。

local kids又如何,打開本英文書,不到3秘便close up! 日日為了做功課,為考試,為背默。不會主動看書,不會問問題,我是如此的一代,原來我的親戚的孩子都是同一個模式的!!!

6#
發表於 09-2-25 14:02 |只看該作者
Whether my child could acquire one language at the expense of another is not my major concern in choosing IS.  My consideration is whether you believe and trust the education system or simply the teaching methodology my child is exposed to.  
Franky speaking, I personally don't like the system in HK, and I don't believe it could be much improved in the near future.
A person could learn whatever language he thinks important to him at any point of his life.  The issue is how he perceives its importance and how much effort he is willing to pay.  I can see a lot of Westerners speak fluent putonghua...Just cheer up!  and let our children grow healthily and happily!

7#
發表於 09-2-25 14:17 |只看該作者
如果學校不重視,好像很難在家裡正規地教小孩子學中文。我試了五六年,都沒有成功。雖說以前我小孩讀的國際學校每星期也有兩三堂中文課,但我的小孩始終沒有把學中文當回事,直到現在轉到RC,情況才好一點。我在美國的幾個朋友的小孩,到現在,不管是讀大學還是讀博士,儘管父母都是中國人,但到最後,都沒辦法把中文讀寫學好,他們在家裡跟父母學了十幾二十幾年中文,到最後來來去去也只認一百個字左右。

8#
發表於 09-2-25 16:59 |只看該作者
should post this thread in local school BK and ask if the parent want their kids to learn better English.... can't get both sides of the world at a time.

Yes, I also choose IS because of it teaching methodology, and they will have a much happier school life. That's good enough.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-2-25 17:04 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 09-2-25 17:54 |只看該作者
Not all IS kids have poor Chinese.  It depends on his own character and ability to "absorb" Chinese.  My son studies in ESF junior school, but he is quite aggressive in learning Chinese words.  When he comes across Chinese words that he doesn't know, he will ask.  He's able to read 90% of the words on a "dim sum" sheet and check out the items he wants by himself.  Reading menus and those posted sheets on the wall of a HK style cafe is not a difficulty to him at all.  He's also interested in reading Chinese newspaper.
Don't worry too much and encourage your kid to read and speak Chinese.  I prefer my son to learn better English in school.  There's no way that a kid cannot understand or speak Chinese when he is brought up in a Chinese environment.    It's just a matter of his willingness to blend in the local culture or not.
EsmondMaMa = Esmond'sMom

10#
發表於 09-2-25 18:14 |只看該作者
sophievan 朋友孩子的情形,肯定不是大部份 IS 學生的情形。

我不會否認 IS 學生的中文程度不及本地學校,但我不認為他們都看不起中文。反而,印象中,本地學校都不一定真的都重視中文;本地學校都較重視英文,部份名校更以學校 "英語強" 為傲。在這種環境下,孩子就是學懂認大量中文字又如何?

至於孩子的朋友群,亦不覺得都會有打不入甚麼圈子的問題。其實,話不投機本句多,如果 "唔岩傾",就算係 "同鄉" 都做唔到朋友。

而英文水平,我更不同意我們就比西方人差。我孩子學校內,語文最強的,華人洋人印度人日本人等都有。

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-2-25 18:16 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-2-25 18:30 |只看該作者
Most of my piano students study in local band 1 so-called famous schools.  There are a lot of times that I come across asking them to write down translation of Italian musical terms.  They said to me they prefer to write in English and that their Chinese is not very good.  I am quite shocked to hear that and I honestly have to tell them that their English is only fair, and if they say their English is better than Chinese, then their Chinese is extremely poor.  They have to ask me to write simple Chinese characters for them because they don't know how to write them!
EsmondMaMa = Esmond'sMom

12#
發表於 09-2-25 19:40 |只看該作者
首先大家要明白, 讀國際學校不是為了學 '英文', 而是因為它的 [理念, 教學方法, 教材, 政策...等].

至於學習 '中文', 問題不在學校而在香港, 本地所用的 '繁體' 及 '白話文/廣東話' 根本不夠國際化, 要學就要學 '簡體' 及 '普通話', 但無論國際/本地學校都只當 '普通話' 作為 [語文科], 如果孩子日常生活用不到就很難學得好.

13#
發表於 09-2-25 20:02 |只看該作者
Chris 我賛成CHRIS説的「首先大家要明白, 讀國際學校不是為了學 '英文', 而是因為它的 [理念, 教學方法, 教材, 政策...等]. 」

但對「至於學習 '中文', 問題不在學校而在香港, 本地所用的 '繁體' 及 '白話文/廣東話' 根本不夠國際化、、、、」就有保留、学習一種外語就可能要看是否国際化、但広東話及繁体字是香港人的一種伝統、是否国際化不緊要。  
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

14#
發表於 09-2-25 20:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 sophievan 於 09-2-25 13:04 發表
有時,我們這批父母是不是什麼都係自己唸好,才比個小朋友。

我身邊都有幾個朋友的細佬讀is,但小朋友不想說看中文、讀中文,香港的世界對他們來說是不明白的,因為香港處處以中文為主。去茶樓不會點點心,只會叫父母代筆,又看不起mandarin,總之中不中西不西似的,他們永遠打不入本地圈,全外籍圈子又不入了。英文好,比起local kids, 當然是。
但又未去到西人的水平。

local kids又如何,打開本英文書,不到3秘便close up! 日日為了做功課,為考試,為背默。不會主動看書,不會問問題,我是如此的一代,原來我的親戚的孩子都是同一個模式的!!!

讀is既小朋友不想說看中文、讀中文,係事實,因為中文比英文難好多好多好多。
不中不西係事實,所以外國叫"半唐番",他們很難打入香港本地圈子,但我相信可以打入全外籍圈子。
local kids一樣有英文叻,主動看書,會問問題既小朋友,睇父母點教,睇邊間local 學校,而家唔係間間都填鴨式。

[ 本帖最後由 sam/josh 於 09-2-25 20:38 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 09-2-26 00:41 |只看該作者
這樣就要看你想孩子學中文的意義了, 如果想家人溝通得好一點, 那學校冇教的話都可以自己教孩子, 如一起讀報紙, 故事書..等. 如果為將來, 中國都必為世界經濟發展重地, '普通話' 就比較重要, 那就要到校外普通話班學了.

原帖由 Mighty 於 09-2-25 20:02 發表
Chris 我賛成CHRIS説的「首先大家要明白, 讀國際學校不是為了學 '英文', 而是因為它的 [理念, 教學方法, 教材, 政策...等]. 」

但對「至於學習 '中文', 問題不在學校而在香港, 本地所用的 '繁體' 及 '白話文/廣東話 ...

16#
發表於 09-2-26 00:48 |只看該作者
我同意local有好多好學校, 出好多好學生.  我都係香港大, in a way, 我覺得填鴨式work, 不過我最後都係送個女去讀國際.  決定過程都幾痛苦, 尤其我要負責佢的中文教學, 但我深信小朋友對中文是否有興趣要靠家長的努力.

17#
發表於 09-2-26 11:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 maglo 於 09-2-26 00:48 發表
我深信小朋友對中文是否有興趣要靠家長的努 ...

所以家長更要「量力而為」。我的觀察是,語文的「家教」是講「文化底子」的,尤其在中文,所以有「書香世家」這回事。底子不足的家長,除非對中文能力要求甚低(例如一般中文報紙大概睇得明都收貨了之類。我自己是以專欄作家程度為標準,希望侄兒長大後有個人的專業之外,還有能力以文字與國人分享人生閱歷,所以不在此列),否則還是交由學校作主力,自己從旁協助穩妥。

談到書香世家,就說這兩天有「遺作」《小團圓》出版的張愛玲吧。張愛玲在上海著名的貴族女校《聖瑪利堂》就讀,學校除了一科國文之外是全英語的,情況就像我們的IS,加上在校寄宿,英語環境更是有過之而無不及。後來她在香港大學英文系讀了兩年,因戰亂返回上海,才二十一二就為英文雜誌寫稿,賣文為生,可見英語造詣了得。

那麼這個號稱二十世紀的中國才女,才二十三四就寫出《金鎖記》、《傾城之戀》等名作的張愛玲,她的中文是哪裡修練出來的呢?答案就是「家底」。

不是金錢的家底(雖然她父親是坐吃家財的二世祖,但金錢只用在抽鴉片和養姨太太,沒多用在子女身上),而是文化的家底。張愛玲的父親在其他方面沒大理會她,但因為爛讀詩書,而且大得閒,所以興之所至時就會跟她談文論詩。而且因為家裡藏書豐富,七八歲還未入學的她,已讀了不少經典,三國紅樓不在話下,連「禁書」金瓶梅也已涉擸。因為有這樣的一個文化底子,才有日後在上海文壇橫空出世的張愛玲。
如得其情,則哀矜而勿喜。

18#
發表於 09-2-26 13:38 |只看該作者
Learning Chinese in IS would seem a hard nut to crack.  However, as some of you have pointed out, it also depends on a no. of factors such as the home environment.

When I was leaving for work this morning, I heard my kid correcting my wife who was reading a Chinese book with him in Cantonese (my kid said 東倒西歪 as my wife said 東歪西倒).  I thought that perhaps the book was written in Mandarin or Putonghua (you know there are some variations in expressions in Cantonese and Putonghua such as 質素 vs 素質, 韆鞦 vs 鞦韆, etc).

My kid takes a keen interest in reading both Chinese and English books.  Thanks to my full-time wife who helps cultivate his reading habit.  

What I wish to illustrate is that given a suitable language environment, kids can still learn Chinese in a happy way, despite it is relatively more difficult to master than English.  For a kindergarten kid like my son, we can expose him/her to everyday Chinese, e.g. ordering from a food menu (my kid can read out many items from a Chinese menu and he likes to choose the food for himself).  Another example is that my kid is interested in looking up words in Chinese and English dictionaries when he encounters unfamiliar ones (again this was at first encouraged by my wife).

Of course, as parents we have to devote our time and effort in this respect.

19#
發表於 09-2-26 14:02 |只看該作者
mosesdaddy
your boy studies in which kinder? as I remember you give up ESF's offer

20#
發表於 09-2-26 19:19 |只看該作者
See my PM.

原帖由 steamball 於 09-2-26 14:02 發表
mosesdaddy
your boy studies in which kinder? as I remember you give up ESF's offer
‹ 上一主題|下一主題