用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Writing letter to DGJS Principal?
樓主: Monghar
go

Writing letter to DGJS Principal? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-2-13 10:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 junior_pam 於 09-2-12 22:15 發表
It is about $800000.

Thanks for junior_pam's reply.

80萬真是一個不少的數目,當然對很有錢的人來說,都屬小兒科。至於有人說是否合法?DGJS是私校,該沒有問題吧,況且校方又沒有說是因為那支票而收那女孩(說話是可以編出來說的)。

之前有富商捐錢給某大學,之後仲因為他的捐款而為大樓命名啦。So what!

22#
發表於 09-2-13 11:07 |只看該作者
我覺得無問題喎﹗ DGS係一間私校﹐好多時舊生同existing家長都會有捐款給學校。李嘉誠都捐左好多錢比SPCC建新校舍啦﹗

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-13 09:52 發表

I think it is an illegal act.....

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 09-2-13 13:55 |只看該作者

I don't believed and I don't want to believed it.

24#
發表於 09-2-13 21:19 |只看該作者
To the best of my knowledge, Mr.Lee's grandson and granddaughter is stuying over there. How can the headmistress reject him? It is the reality.

原帖由 Sevendwarfs 於 09-2-13 11:07 發表

25#
發表於 09-2-13 21:23 |只看該作者
Just have a share.
No thanks
I believe what the parents are eager are to nuture their kids with all utmost effort and invaluable endurance.
regards
原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-13 10:50 發表

Thanks for junior_pam's reply.

80萬真是一個不少的數目,當然對很有錢的人來說,都屬小兒科。至於有人說是否合法?DGJS是私校,該沒有問題吧,況且校方又沒有說是因為那支票而收那女孩(說話是可以編出來說的)。

之前有富商 ...

26#
發表於 09-2-13 23:08 |只看該作者
I guess so.. as it is a private school.  Not a DSS.  Did you accept a place already?  

Not sure anyone here do write to the DGJS principal?  Do they reply to you all???  Pls share.  

Thanks!

原帖由 jmiu 於 09-2-12 16:10 發表
I would like to ask if the kid is accepted by DDS school like DBS/DGJS, it is still possible to participate in the June lucky draw?

Please advise. Thanks.

27#
發表於 09-2-14 00:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-11 10:59 發表

好奇地想問:「你的朋友寫的支票是多少銀碼?10萬?50萬?」

其實各位是否認同有錢就一定可以教育好下一代?我指的是,若成績不好,起碼可以聘請好的補習老師,補到佢掂為止。所以可能真的是「錢是可以解決到問題」,即使在學校收生 ...

Well... actually, I am also curious about how much you should donate??? Just wondering

28#
發表於 09-2-14 00:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-13 09:52 發表

I think it is an illegal act.....

Actually donating to School is not illegal... though!! It's nothing personal.. even though it is!

29#
發表於 09-2-14 16:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 henrywl 於 09-2-14 00:32 發表

Well... actually, I am also curious about how much you should donate??? Just wondering

即使我很有錢(假設我是億萬富豪),我估我也不會因為子女入學而捐錢,但我會交足學費和其他雜費開支(只限於此)。

80萬?No way. 這是原則問題,我覺得除非我對此校有特別的感情,例如自己是校友,或我有份做校董,捐錢便會以我的能力範圍去做,可能不止80萬這個數也可以。但若只為「買個學位」?說出來,在他人前都不知該要自豪,還是要自卑,因為其他人都是考入去的,多風光又不用花錢,而自己卻變成搵自己笨。

況且,我覺得不值。

30#
發表於 09-2-16 14:15 |只看該作者
I really think it is an illegal as your donation tie to interest/benefit. This is what we call Corruption. Don't dirty and confuse your child with this kind of concept. It's all from the intention of the act. A donation means you do not expect to get ANY benefit related from this act. If you "expect" the school will give your child a seat because it have a "good" impression on you (or your child) BECAUSE you donate a sum of money...this is CORRUPTION.
原帖由 Sevendwarfs 於 09-2-13 11:07 發表

[ 本帖最後由 pppp41 於 09-2-16 14:19 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-2-16 19:36 |只看該作者
Absolutely right.
Usually, the payee never said that I donated for the school place while the receiver never said that the school accepted your kid because of your donation.
It is a cruel reality.

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-16 14:15 發表
I really think it is an illegal as your donation tie to interest/benefit. This is what we call Corruption. Don't dirty and confuse your child with this kind of concept. It's all from the intention of  ...

32#
發表於 09-2-16 23:53 |只看該作者
Personally I disapprove of any connection between admission and donation, but calling such donations "corruption" is just plain wrong.  Corruption is the receipt of money by an unauthorised party, usually an agent or an employee, for the provision of benefits to the paying party.  It would be corruption if the headmistress of a school were to receive a sum of money personally from a parent for admitting his child.  However, if the money is received by the school itself, it cannot be corruption, as there simply is no unauthorised party.

The reality is all prominent universities - Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford...... depend on donations from parents and alumni.  Without such donations these schools would never be what they are now.

33#
發表於 09-2-17 10:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 YAPPLE 於 09-2-16 23:22 發表
Any successful cases?

有寫信比DGJS校長的家長,
有冇已經收到校長回覆(想知信內容)
或有second interiew之類?
定一路未有消息?
Pls share!

one of my friend had sent a christmas card to the principle last year. The card was made by her daughter and also attached some certificates and awards. Then the school called her for an interview again and now her status is on the waiting list.

34#
發表於 09-2-17 12:39 |只看該作者
Hi there,

This is something we would want all the parents to share.  

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?
When did she get an interview?  Sound like it is quite fast to get a respond from the principal.  She must be real intelligent to show her awards.  Do you know what soft of awards she get?

Thanks for sharing!

原帖由 mother904 於 09-2-17 10:55 發表

one of my friend had sent a christmas card to the principle last year. The card was made by her daughter and also attached some certificates and awards. Then the school called her for an interview a ...

35#
發表於 09-2-17 13:09 |只看該作者
"However, if the money is received by the school itself, it cannot be corruption".
This is wrong concept, under your statement, a school could raise fund by "bid" the seat with top donation.
Don't want to hijack this discussion topic. I would suggest you to consult ICAC to clarify your concept. If I am wrong, I just lost the opportunity. If you are wrong, you may be in jail.

A donation is a love act...please do not distort the beauty of this act.

[ 本帖最後由 pppp41 於 09-2-17 13:13 編輯 ]

36#
發表於 09-2-17 14:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Monghar 於 09-2-17 12:39 發表
Hi there,

This is something we would want all the parents to share.  

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?
When did she get an interview?  ...

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?===yes

When did she get an interview?  Sound like it is quite fast to get a respond from the principal. === I don't know the exact date of her second interview, but I heard this story in the end of Jan,09, everything must be happened before that. She also said that the response from the school was real fast.

Do you know what soft of awards she get?=== Actually the certificates and awards are nothing big deal, not real big award (according to my friend). She thought the key point was the hand made christmas card, as the principal told her that they had a second chance of interview just because their sincerity.

However, this is the story that my friend told me, I never know what was the real happening.

37#
發表於 09-2-18 00:41 |只看該作者
It has never been my intention to get a seat for my child by making a big donation to a school, so there is no risk that I would ever go to jail for this matter, thank you.   

While both of us agree that making donation in exchange for a seat is not a proper thing to do, I think that it is important to get the legal concept correct in the discussion, especially since the accusation of corruption is very serious, so it must not be made lightly or without any basis.  

My point is that tying donation to admission is not something which could rightfully be called corruption.  If a school is to allowing bidding of its seats by donations, while it will be an awfully distasteful thing to do and may contravene some rules or guidelines of the Education Bureau, it will not be a matter contrary to the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance as long as the school itself receives the money.  If, on the other hand, the money is pocketed by the headmaster or an employee of the school personally without authorization of the school, then a complaint to the ICAC will be called for.

I ran through the above with my husband who is a lawyer, so I am quite confident that the legal point is right.

Sorry again for side tracking the topic.  

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-17 13:09 發表
"However, if the money is received by the school itself, it cannot be corruption".
This is wrong concept, under your statement, a school could raise fund by "bid" the seat with top donation.
Don't w ...

38#
發表於 09-2-18 12:03 |只看該作者
因為見你們提到"捐款給學校換取學位是否貪污和賄賂”問題﹐覺得好有趣﹐所以今朝特登打電話比個親戚問下。佢係ICAC做左好多年﹐算是高級職員。

佢話捐款給學校直接或間接換取學位並不是貪污和賄賂﹐因為學校本身是有權將自己既學位根據不同既criteria分配。但如果學校受僱人仕(e.g.校長或老師)在沒有學校既同意下﹐私下收取利益而給予某人學位﹐這才是貪污。

我親戚話其實'學校接受捐款而給予學位'並非不普遍﹐ 只是一般學校都不會名正言順地這樣做﹐可能因為太'核突'和怕引起公眾輿論。 學校通常都會要學生go through 個 application 和 interview 既程序才收生﹐這樣就比較名正言順了。但如果學校受僱人仕(e.g.校長或老師)私下收取了利益﹐就算有經過正常既application 和 interview 程序來掩飾才給予學位﹐也是構成貪污和賄賂的。

我覺得我親戚解釋得好清楚和合理﹐所以在這裡和各位分享。

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-17 13:09 發表
Don't w ...

[ 本帖最後由 twobigeyes 於 09-2-18 12:11 編輯 ]

39#
發表於 09-2-18 15:45 |只看該作者
Thanks Mother904 for your sharing!

How come the interview is organised so early when they not even sure who is withdrawing until June (wait till all the gov't lucky draw is completed).  I bet if being put on the waiting list.. it is  best for the principal to hold the 2nd interview near in JUNE (I guess) and then the results to tell the kids whether they get the seat or not.

I guess most probably they have been put on waiting list for possible 2nd interview later.  This is my best guess of the situation.  I may be wrong.. hahahah...

Just wonder if any other mom have experienced the same?  Any of you have sent out the letter and have not received any reply from the school yet?

Thanks!

原帖由 mother904 於 09-2-17 14:14 發表

Do you mean your friend's daughter is on waiting list to get into the upcoming 2009/10 P1 index?===yes

When did she get an interview?  Sound like it is quite fast to get a respond from the princip ...

40#
發表於 09-2-18 17:14 |只看該作者
thanks for all the professional view and explaination on this....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題