教育王國 討論區 國際學校 "RC" interview
樓主: 19042002
go

"RC" interview [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-2-4 15:27 |只看該作者
Hi,

Chinese teaching is not my main concern. The factors I am considering is:

- as we all know, BHS has long history while RC is new. But for IB, I think it is sth new to BHS while it seems to be tailor-made for it in RC. New things may not be bad, it MAYBE leading other ESF schools in the future, but we won't know at this moment
- RC has its own secondary school while for BHS, they need to compete for a place in secondary school several years later
- read from a previous message, if BHS needs to use public park for PE lesson, it maybe another considering factor for me

Based on the above factors, although many friends convince me to choose BHS, I am still struggling.....

Would any mami here share your opinion about these?

Thanks in advance!
兩兄弟相親相愛, 一家四口樂融融! :)

62#
發表於 09-2-4 15:34 |只看該作者
FYI - graduates from ESF primary school can go to ESF secondary AUTOMATICALLY!  No need to fight for a seat after several years.

原帖由 Momotat 於 09-2-4 15:27 發表
Hi,

Chinese teaching is not my main concern. The factors I am considering is:

- as we all know, BHS has long history while RC is new. But for IB, I think it is sth new to BHS while it seems to be ta ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

63#
發表於 09-2-4 15:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 502 於 09-2-4 15:34 發表
FYI - graduates from ESF primary school can go to ESF secondary AUTOMATICALLY!  No need to fight for a seat after several years.

Thanks for your reply!
Would like to ask, what factor decide which secondary school to go? based on catchment zone or academic achievement?
and if it is based on catchment zone and I live in Lai Chi Kok district, which secondary school will my kid go? KGV or Island School?

[ 本帖最後由 Momotat 於 09-2-4 15:44 編輯 ]

64#
發表於 09-2-4 16:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Momotat 於 09-2-4 15:42 發表

Thanks for your reply!
Would like to ask, what factor decide which secondary school to go? based on catchment zone or academic achievement?
and if it is based on catchment zone and I live in Lai Chi ...

By zone. Lai Chi Kok should be KGV.

65#
發表於 09-2-4 16:33 |只看該作者
RC have more free activities compared to other ESF schools.  For example, they have chess class, scottish dancing class, chore class etc during lunch time and after school.  Also, the school itself organizes many field trips for the students, for example they went to Cathay City for half day class in Jan, and they just went to see the Boardway Show in Art Centre this week.   The ticket of the show cost about 200 per student, but we dont need to pay.

Also the school have their own restaurant/ kitchen, when the students came back from the field trips late after lunch time, they will provide hot foods for the children.

I really think RC is a very good school.

66#
發表於 09-2-4 16:43 |只看該作者
Hi Starfox:

RC really sounds very caring. And I didn't know that the extra-curricular activities are free. How much time do the primary kids have for lunch and how to divide the time for EC activities? Apart from these school-fee inclusive EC activities, are there any others pay one? after school? I really want to learn more about the school, both pros and cons on various aspect. I am seriously considering registering my child at RC. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Miclint

67#
發表於 09-2-4 16:56 |只看該作者
Starfox,
How about the teachers in RC? are they experienced? Heard that many comes from ESF schools, right?

Miclint,
What do you think about the factors I raised just now? Are you also struggling about these?

JDM,
KGV is a secondary school with good records also, right?

68#
發表於 09-2-4 16:59 |只看該作者
Yes, it is a very caring school.

The lunch is $25 per day including fresh fruit, bread meal and drink, and they are all from the school kitchen.   I heard that SJS do not provide lunch for primary school.   The students need to bring their own lunch everyday and eat inside the classroom.

Every semester, you can apply for the activities which is called the challenge program.   My child only join the activities during lunch time because i am not living in MOS, and i want her to take the schoolbus home.  Different activities are provided according to different YEAR.   For year 3 - 6, they have even more choices like tennis, gymastics etc.  

原帖由 Miclint 於 09-2-4 16:43 發表
Hi Starfox:

RC really sounds very caring. And I didn't know that the extra-curricular activities are free. How much time do the primary kids have for lunch and how to divide the time for EC activitie ...

[ 本帖最後由 starfox 於 09-2-4 17:08 編輯 ]

69#
發表於 09-2-4 17:26 |只看該作者
How long is the time for lunch and then EC activities at RC Primary?

70#
發表於 09-2-4 18:09 |只看該作者
I think the lunch is around 1 hour and some of the activities like dancing or sports are on the first half of the lunch, and then the teacher will arrange a late lunch for them in the canteen.

Some activities like story-telling should be after lunch time.

[ 本帖最後由 starfox 於 09-2-4 18:11 編輯 ]

71#
發表於 09-2-4 18:14 |只看該作者
There is a school tour on 6 Feb (10:30-12:00). Interested parties should contact the school asap.

72#
發表於 09-2-5 00:36 |只看該作者
I also received the letter today. I like RC because it offers Chinese lesson every day.  It runs IB and it has its own secondary school.  The students there are so happy and the food from the Cafe is so good.
I am so glad my girl can make it.  Actually she was having a fever on the day of the interview. I should really thank God.

73#
發表於 09-2-5 10:23 |只看該作者
Yes. I trust the answer from the God.

74#
發表於 09-2-5 10:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 Miclint 於 09-2-5 10:23 發表
Yes. I trust the answer from the God.

Hi Miclint,

I know you are nervous (since I see you in other forums too :loveliness:  ) and want to see if your kid can go RC or not. But honestly speaking except Chinese, RC has no way to compare with SJS as SJS is much older and more like an traditional IS, and if you can get into KGV or SC via SJS, these schools are more famous internationally.

I think when our kid get to P.6, RC will be good too. But since you only have offer from SJS, I think you should take it (as I don't think you can't wait until SJS deadline expire anyway and RC first deadline is Feb 23) and start to think how to educate your kid more for Chinese, in many way like teach yourselves, hire private tutor, etc. For myself I think it is much easier than teach her English as I am not a native english speaker anyway. But I am a Native Chinese so should be able to teach her some I beleived (how about you?)

One good thing about all ESF students are that they learn not only Chinese & Eng but many thing else. I have relative studied in SC (Shatin College) and she can speak Chinese / Eng / Mandarin / Japanese / Italian / French and even learning Russian.... you should appreciate their multi-lingual envirnoment. I think RC is the same like other ESF too.

Just my 2 cents

75#
發表於 09-2-5 14:08 |只看該作者
I just recieve a e-mail that RC invite my child
to attent a assesment for 2009-2010(year 4)
Anybody know that is the assessment hard or
not.Because they say the assessment need one
and a half hour to finish which include comprehension,written ,and math.
Any body  can share the expreience for
the assessment for Year 4.And is it a lot of student quit because the economic crisic?

76#
發表於 09-2-5 14:18 |只看該作者
Dear Popolung:

Thanks for your consolation and encouragement. I met a couple of ESF teachers and they all recommended SJS over RC if there is really to make a choice between the two. It is just myself who value the level and attitude towards Chinese language learning at RC. Also, RC is closer to my home place.

How's your situation? Mind sharing?

Thank you.

Miclint

原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-5 10:59 發表

Hi Miclint,

I know you are nervous (since I see you in other forums too :loveliness:  ) and want to see if your kid can go RC or not. But honestly speaking except Chinese, RC has no way to compare  ...

77#
發表於 09-2-5 18:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 Miclint 於 09-2-5 14:18 發表
Dear Popolung:

Thanks for your consolation and encouragement. I met a couple of ESF teachers and they all recommended SJS over RC if there is really to make a choice between the two. It is just mysel ...

RC accepted my daughter already, but we are still waiting for CWBS result (as they will not release result until next week  ), so will see. My first priority is CWBS, simply because it is closer to where I am living. And for secondary school from CWBS it will be KGV or SC too.

78#
發表於 09-2-5 19:50 |只看該作者
for those who want to know more about the Language teaching in ESF take a look at this document (just release yesterday) you may have some insight:

http://mailreach.esf.edu.hk/prom ... r%20final%20_2_.pdf

79#
發表於 09-2-5 20:40 |只看該作者
Hi Miclint and others,

After reading you all's messages and detailed discussion with my hubby and friends, I think we probably go for BHS instead of RC now. :)

80#
發表於 09-2-6 23:52 |只看該作者

What about Hong Lok Yuen Vs RC

Dear all parents,

My daughter is currnetly studying at Hong Lok Yuen IS reception class and she got an offer from RC. Where should I send her to? I have no idea.

Autest Mom
‹ 上一主題|下一主題