搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 點解想入DBSPD/DGS ?
發新帖
查看: 2881|回覆: 18
go

點解想入DBSPD/DGS ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-12-15 23:16 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
見到DBSPD/ DGS係好多家長嘅DREAM SCHOOL,呢間學校除了係名校,運動和音樂比較出色(其實好多其他的小學亦做得很好,不過我們沒有留意),一條龍之外,請問還有什麼優秀之處,另到各家長們都期望小朋友可以入讀這所學校?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-12-16 12:31 |只看該作者
我囝囝現時係DBSPD讀六年級, 我最初揀呢間學校, 主要係唔需要為升中煩惱, 所有學生都可以升讀其中學, 而學校既設施很完善, 囝囝係呢幾年學校生活, 佢讀得好開心,  對學校好有歸屬感, 佢仲喜歡參加學校既活動. 我唔敢評價DBSPD係咪好既學校, 因為各花入各眼, 不過我可以肯定, 每一位學生都會喜歡在DBSPD上課.

3#
發表於 08-12-17 01:17 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Littlecat

你好! 請問DBSPD的教學模式是傳統型(比較單向的教授),還是採用活動教學的呢?  聽聞DBSPD算少功課, 咁多唔多黙書, 測驗和考試? 其實我只知DBSPD好出名, 想了解多d有關該校的教學模式, 可否告之?

你仔仔讀咗咁耐, 你最欣賞學校的是什麼? 可否分享一下?

Thank you!

4#
發表於 08-12-17 01:58 |只看該作者
For information.

DBS - Esperance & Reminiscence
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=_W0nO-wj9xM&feature=related

原帖由 bigcakecake 於 08-12-15 23:16 發表
見到DBSPD/ DGS係好多家長嘅DREAM SCHOOL,呢間學校除了係名校,運動和音樂比較出色(其實好多其他的小學亦做得很好,不過我們沒有留意),一條龍之外,請問還有什麼優秀之處,另到各家長們都期望小朋友可以入讀這所學校? ...
尋找「閃光點」,努力不懈,堅毅不屈,機會總是留給有準備的人。
但是,有準備不一定能找緊機會,因為....
命運就是這樣的敲門。
要找緊機會,就要戰勝自己和戰勝命運。
遇到逆境,堅持,不要放棄。
黑暗是可怕的,極難耐的.....
但是,渡過了黑暗,不就是黎明了嗎 ?!

5#
發表於 08-12-17 11:26 |只看該作者
DBSPD大部份採用活動式教學, 每天功課量不多, 約半小時做完, 每星期默一次書(中文或英文) , 學生要做PROJECT, 大多數是分組進行. 學校很着重訓練學生的思考, 但不大着重成績, 只要合格就可以, 又不分名次, 所以家長們都沒有壓力.  以我知道, 大多數學生的學業成績很不錯, 他們在音樂或運動上都有出色的表現, 可能是學校的資源充裕, 加上又有訓練場地.

其實DBSPD常被人說是貴族學校, 我本人就覺不是, 當然有些家長是很富有, 但以我所見, 大多數都是中產家庭居多, 家長們之間都相處得很好. DBS一向很有school spirit, 而每一位學生都喜歡在學校上課.  

以上只是我個人意見.

6#
發表於 08-12-17 11:44 |只看該作者
Hi Littlecat

我對dbspd的了解不多, 但對於學校的資源及課程理念都欣賞. 不過,好奇想問一問, 我聽人說過: 這裡功課不多, 平日教的都不算太深, 但考試卻很深, 故此, 很需要家長自己下功夫, 自己教孩子更多知識.

請問實情是如何呢? 對我來說, 需要家長下功夫不是問題, 反正我平日也會積極教囝囝各方面知識. 只是在應付考試的方向上, 家長是否容易掌握得到?

tks

原帖由 littlecat 於 08-12-17 11:26 發表
DBSPD大部份採用活動式教學, 每天功課量不多, 約半小時做完, 每星期默一次書(中文或英文) , 學生要做PROJECT, 大多數是分組進行. 學校很着重訓練學生的思考, 但不大着重成績, 只要合格就可以, 又不分名次, 所以家長 ...

7#
發表於 08-12-17 15:59 |只看該作者
Mostly agree with Littlecat.  DBSPD's syllabus is supposed to be 1 to 2 years ahead of many other schools. The reason why people find it acceptable is because most people will take additional classes outside school.

As for the tests, they are tough, but you will definitely pass if you can keep up with what's taught at school.  If you want 90-100% then your kid must be very careful and spot all the trick questions.  Attending extra lessons outside school may help in some cases.

All in all, my son loves going to school, so it can't be that bad.  Hope this helps.

原帖由 COP 於 08-12-17 11:44 發表
Hi Littlecat

我對dbspd的了解不多, 但對於學校的資源及課程理念都欣賞. 不過,好奇想問一問, 我聽人說過: 這裡功課不多, 平日教的都不算太深, 但考試卻很深, 故此, 很需要家長自己下功夫, 自己教孩子更多知識.

請 ...

[ 本帖最後由 ttpp 於 08-12-18 08:33 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 08-12-17 16:18 |只看該作者
My son also enjoys his school life in DBSPD very much. Littlecat is right, all kids there are very happy. They didn't give many homeworks, my son usually complete with 1 hour. They don't recommend too much writing. This year, school just give 3 accessments in a year and there is no ranking. I don't feel pressure from all accessment ven my son is just average. I think the most important is to train up him to learn independently.

Like last week, school have dictation, my son didn't tell me this because he want to do revision himself. Finally, he got 76 marks. I didn't feel unhappy because I appreciate his plan. School didn't feel wrong and even encourgae him to try better next time.

Honestly, when my son was in G. 1 & 2, his academic performance was not good. Sometimes failed. But school never give up in helping him, both academic and mentally. Teachers try to help him more and give encouragement. After every test, school also call me to tell me his marks. Sometimes it's not good but teachers never give me pressure and tell him that he was actually trying his best. I appreciated that very much.

Therefore, with all the help and no pressure, my son can is doing much better.

Last year, he got 20 marks more in English. I got the call from his teacher when she finished marking. She was very happy and tell me this good news. She also told my son in the morning, before his last GS test, because she said she want him to know this good news and then, do better in GS test.

It's not a must she did that but she did.

I feel very lucky that my son is studying in DBSPD, not just because of his famous and it's all the care and encouragement from school.

They won't give up students but is really trying their best to help.

9#
發表於 08-12-17 23:56 |只看該作者
Many thanks civic and ttpp,

你地很清晰地分享出小朋友們學習的情況. 我想很多時很多評語都是一傳十, 十傳百, 傳的過程中出現不少偏差. 所以可能起初是中性的描述,最後變成負面的評價! 可惜, 可惜

你地的分享, 不單解決了我的好奇心, 更相信可以化解一些人對dbspd的誤解!!

無論如何, 不知道我囝囝有沒有這麼幸運能被取錄????

原帖由 civic 於 08-12-17 16:18 發表
My son also enjoys his school life in DBSPD very much. Littlecat is right, all kids there are very happy. They didn't give many homeworks, my son usually complete with 1 hour. They don't recommend too ...

10#
發表於 08-12-18 09:15 |只看該作者
Hi COP,

You are welcome. Just remember that no school is perfect, even within a good school there are good and less good teachers. civic's son is lucky to have one of the good ones.  And there are always those people who complain no matter how good things are, so you have to make your own judgment.

We are very lucky to be accepted by a school that we think is good enough, and that my son enjoys studying in, with many friends from his kindergarten(s). We feel that it is important for our son to make good friends, and with the good school spirit of DBS, we hope these friendships can be very long lasting (way beyond his school life).

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers, ttpp

原帖由 COP 於 08-12-17 23:56 發表
Many thanks civic and ttpp,

你地很清晰地分享出小朋友們學習的情況. 我想很多時很多評語都是一傳十, 十傳百, 傳的過程中出現不少偏差. 所以可能起初是中性的描述,最後變成負面的評價! 可惜, 可惜 :cryi ...

11#
發表於 08-12-18 10:12 |只看該作者
唔明唔明……
雖然現在好多小朋友都會外出補習,但學校教深一兩級,小朋友跟唔到就出去補習補到識,咁家長為乜仲要交學費比學校?交比補習老師得啦。

學生唔係已經揀過至收架咩?質素肯定冇問題,點解會有人唔合格?呢樣係咪學校既責任?

其實都唔可以話傳言傳傳下變成負面,可能真係有人覺得呢種做法唔夠理想哩~

12#
發表於 08-12-18 11:02 |只看該作者
Littlecat
想請問學生做project,通常係咪學生可以獨力完成,定係要家長幫助呀?
原帖由 littlecat 於 08-12-17 11:26 發表
DBSPD大部份採用活動式教學, 每天功課量不多, 約半小時做完, 每星期默一次書(中文或英文) , 學生要做PROJECT, 大多數是分組進行. 學校很着重訓練學生的思考, 但不大着重成績, 只要合格就可以, 又不分名次, 所以家長 ...
http://era-central.blogspot.com/

13#
發表於 08-12-18 11:37 |只看該作者
因為交學費比學校唔係淨係要佢地科科一百分囉. 响學校得到既唔係單一响補習社可得到, 學校比一個好既學習環境, 有nat teacher, 有普通話老師, 比唔同既羣体學習基會同exposure. 好似學校在星期五有選修科, 有好多科目如money management, africa culture, Japan Culture, 時間管理等廿多項給小朋友選擇. 所以, 補習社與學校是扮演不同的角色既. 我唔會將交學費作為考試100分既費用. 學習是終身, 最緊要小朋友享受學習.

無可否定, 每個申請人都經過面試才被取錄, 但, 面試沒有筆試, 只是幾分鐘面談, 學校又怎可保證揀選既學生不會考試不合格呢 ? 所以, 學校只可從整個家庭配合條件去judge. 這也解釋了点解有人成日話non-working mum is better, it's not a must (I am also a working mum) but the support maybe better.

但是, 既使考試唔合格既小朋友也未必是差學生(But if you only concentrate on academic, it's true), 好似我個仔, 有好强communication and social skills, IQ120, but just he has weaker concentration ability which will affect his learning indeed. 但我認為, 最重要係學校沒有放棄學生, 不斷提供協助是最重要. DBS 係好多人想入既target/dream school, 如果學校只接受成績好既學生, 只要佢叫成績差既學生走, 佢也可以有大把waiting list 既choice but she didn't. I know another famous boy school, she will asked student to quilt if the standard is not achieve.

如果大家有留意, 會發覺教統局只會在小一才去所有學校幫同學做學習障礙test, 而唔係幼稚園 ? 係因為小朋友一般只可在小一stage才反映, 所以在interview時或家長本身都未必在佢地K3時發現或確定. 而且, 有學障既小朋友也可以在其他唔同方面有好突出既表現. 考試唔合格並不可label小朋友唔得既.

Anyway, it's all my own comment and what I know, 沒有反爻擊之意. Just share something. Thank you !
原帖由 love_dreaming 於 08-12-18 10:12 發表
唔明唔明……
雖然現在好多小朋友都會外出補習,但學校教深一兩級,小朋友跟唔到就出去補習補到識,咁家長為乜仲要交學費比學校?交比補習老師得啦。

學生唔係已經揀過至收架咩?質素肯定冇問題,點解會有人唔合格?呢樣係咪學校 ...

14#
發表於 08-12-18 13:17 |只看該作者
請問課外活動要否額外付款, or 學費已包?

15#
發表於 08-12-18 20:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 lusanna 於 08-12-18 13:17 發表
請問課外活動要否額外付款, or 學費已包?

For Electives, they are included in the school fees already. For extra activities (eg. swimming, golf, tennis, arts, calligraphy...etc.), it's entirely up to you whether to enrol or not, and you need to pay extra for those. They are generally not too expensive.  For swimming lesson for instance, it works out to be around $80 per lesson (1 hour).

Chatterbox

16#
發表於 08-12-21 22:32 |只看該作者
作為其中一位DBSPD的家長,我是深深感受到學校給小朋友的歸屬感,小兒今年已經是六年級學生。過去的數年頭,他很幸運地遇到的老師亦是盡心的一群。我相信每間學校也有好與不好的老師,但我覺得"人夾人緣"呢!可能我的小朋友很喜歡這老師的教法,但其他的小朋友卻未必呢!所以始終是他們自己的感受才最清楚啊!
因為學校功課不多,所以讓小兒有足夠的時間看課外書,自我學習的精神亦從而不知不覺地培養出來。因為本人是working mum,知識水平亦不高,所以我覺得自學是最重要的,在漫長的學習路上,才有推動力啊!
正如 littlecat 所說,我認識的家長都是平易近人,並非外面所傳的難相處。學校亦從沒有強迫捐款,全屬自願性質。最重要是小兒極度喜歡返學呢!

[ 本帖最後由 easy 於 08-12-21 22:35 編輯 ]
:-P

17#
發表於 08-12-22 12:02 |只看該作者
Era,

如果低年級學生, 家長可能會幫手做project, 但我囝囝已是六年級學生, 就不需要幫他, 他會跟同學商討後怎樣做, 跟着完成project.  我只是做聯絡工作, 約時間和地點.

18#
發表於 08-12-28 15:30 |只看該作者
題目不如改為:為何不想入DBSPD/DGS?
我無替兒子報讀這所學校,當然有我的原因,不過,以我理解,這所學校歷史悠久,學生成績好自然不在話下,家長背景個個非富則貴,不是也屬中產,小朋友背景相若,學習氣氛濃厚,
如果負擔得來,小朋友資質不錯,為何不試?

19#
發表於 08-12-28 17:05 |只看該作者
civic, easy, ttpp and littlecat,

May I know your tips in getting into DBSPD, like how to prepare him? Does he need to read many words, attend very special extra-curricular activities, what character???? Many thanks!

原帖由 easy 於 08-12-21 22:32 發表
作為其中一位DBSPD的家長,我是深深感受到學校給小朋友的歸屬感,小兒今年已經是六年級學生。過去的數年頭,他很幸運地遇到的老師亦是盡心的一群。我相信每間學校也有好與不好的老師,但我覺得"人夾人緣"呢!可能我的小朋友很 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題