用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 " born in sept" ia a small bb?
發新帖
查看: 1974|回覆: 6
go

" born in sept" ia a small bb? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-12-11 18:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son born in Sept and try to apply quite some  prenusery. His performance is quite good compare to those a few months older than him. But the end my son is rejected , but others are accepted.  Is sept still considered as " small b" ? Some KGs even do not offer interview. Does any of you experience the same? Very upset now.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-12-18 17:34 |只看該作者
may be i can share my experience with you...my daugher born in Sept 06....when i applied PN for her last year...some KG replied that she was below 2yrs when they started the school in Jul or Aug...therefore...they must considered those can attend the class in Jul or Aug first and must not offer her a place.....since the Sept baby can attend the class in Oct...u can keep contact with those schools which you are interested (suggested in Aug) and see whether they still have vancent or not...normally you can get an offer then.....no need to worry.....good luck!!

3#
發表於 08-12-19 18:47 |只看該作者
Thanks, will this happan in kindergarten application? I am so worry I will face the same problem in K1.
原帖由 kitcatchi 於 08-12-18 17:34 發表
may be i can share my experience with you...my daugher born in Sept 06....when i applied PN for her last year...some KG replied that she was below 2yrs when they started the school in Jul or Aug...the ...

4#
發表於 08-12-29 21:29 |只看該作者
as far as I know, your kid needed to be at min. 2 years old when he/she attend prenursery. So, if your son was born in Sept, then it's unlikely that a popular school will accept him for prenursery. Of course, if the kindergarten is not so popular, you may still get a seat for your kid and start the class when he attained 2 years old. For K1, most kindergartens accept children who were born before December. However, you have to note that some (limited of them) kindergartens have cut off date of 1 Sept eg. Pui Ching.

5#
發表於 08-12-30 10:22 |只看該作者
I try to share some experience with you.  My daughter was born in Oct.  Most of the pre-nursery schools did not accept her.  Non-profit making schools such as PLK or Salvation Army said that the school started in August.  They will give priority to children who are already 2 years old at that time.  Private school may also think that they cannot earn the August and September school fees but they will not tell you the truth.  Because you are their target customer.  They will try to delay the processing of your application as much as they can.  At last, I found a normal private pre-nursery school for my daughter.

During K1 application, I received many waiting list or reject letters from famous kindergartens.  It is also true that my friend's son who was born in December was also accepted by Victoria and St. Cat.  Finally, I found a normal non-profit making kindergarten for her.  My husband said that if I may re-apply famous K1, no need to waste money in non-famous private school.

This year I re-apply K1 again and most of the famous kindergartens accepted her.  I had a bad head-ache again.  Repeat K1 in famous school or stay in the current school to start K1 next year?????

Government policy made parents with children born from September to December suffered from head-aches.

Pre-nursery school (two years old)  (why not 1 year and eight months old???)

Kindergarten (two years and eight months old) (some kindergarten three years old)  (why not all the kindergartens three years old????)

6#
發表於 08-12-31 00:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 ChinChinMammy 於 08-12-30 10:22 發表
I try to share some experience with you.  My daughter was born in Oct.  Most of the pre-nursery schools did not accept her.  Non-profit making schools such as PLK or Salvation Army said that the schoo ...

Totally agree w/u...

Gov't policy made us crazy esp for small bb (my bb was born in Nov). we are applying the nurvery. most of schools ( no matter famous or not) told us they will accept those bb are 2 years old in Aug (b/4 academic year start). so no matter the interview performance of my bb is good or not. they will accept those Large bb first...

If Gov't insist 2 years old start for nurvery. then we think the academic year should be start fm Jan. then it will be much fair. At least small bb hv chance to competite w/large bb in terms of their talents. ( not bcos of time of their born)

教養孩童,使他走當行的道,就是到老他也不偏離。 (箴言22:6)

7#
發表於 09-1-3 22:53 |只看該作者
I think to get place for K1 is depending on kids capability. It is an adventage for you as you have flexibility to be a small kid or super big kid but those born in August has no choice.

原帖由 smallmomo 於 08-12-31 00:42 發表

Totally agree w/u...

Gov't policy made us crazy esp for small bb (my bb was born in Nov). we are applying the nurvery. most of schools ( no matter famous or not) told us they will accept those bb a ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題