教育王國 討論區 聖保羅男女中學附屬小學 聖保羅男女中學附屬小學 comment and advise
發新帖
查看: 3434|回覆: 3
go

聖保羅男女中學附屬小學 comment and advise [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-29 10:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all parent of st paul's pupils,

I'm a father of 2 boys (4 and 2 yrs old).
elder boy Camill is in K2 now. and my wife and I wondering which primary school is good for him in the next year P1 school application.

my wife neither reads non speaks fluently chinese.... so we are mainly searching information of english primarys.
(but the way, we can't afford and don't want our sons study in private or international school.)

what we feel about our son Camill, he is a creative and clever child. very active, like sports. not a very patient one, seems he like to participle any activities of school.
he speaks french, english and cantonese (to be honest, he doesn't express himself as good as those children of same age who don't have deal with 3 languages everyday). start learning mandarin at kindergarten.
however, he only learns to write this year, so i'm not sure what level he will be during the interviews next year...

I would like to ask if anyone could kindly tell me more detail about teachers, pupils of the school?!
how about the school life and homework wise in school.

希望各位多多指教!!!!
Thanks a lot in advance!

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-29 14:53 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

2#
發表於 08-11-29 21:12 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

my wife neither reads non speaks fluently chinese.... so we are mainly searching information of english primarys.
(but the way, we can't afford and don't want our sons study in private or international school.)

what we feel about our son Camill, he is a creative and clever child. very active, like sports. not a very patient one, seems he like to participle any activities of school.

Base on your description, it seems that the primary school that you and your wife are looking for your kid may not be St Paul CoEd because:

1. St Paul CoEd is a Chinese primary school, Chinese will be the major teaching medium, of course, they will also provide good training for English and PTH (...but no french stream);
2. it is a DSS school which costs even more than some private or international school ($60,000/year);
3. the school expects to take kids which are more  focus and mature; that was said by the principal during the 2nd interview;

Based on what you wrote here, I would say that you may try 陳守仁、崇真、St Margret Coed. But you haven't mentioned where you live, so not sure if these schools are closed to your home.

...After the 1st time I typed this msg, I looked around in the BK forums and found that you had actually been to TSL already and you like that school a lot. Glad that you have found a target school next year.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-29 10:17 發表

elder boy Camill is in K2 now. and my wife and I wondering which primary school is good for him in the next year P1 scho ...

[ 本帖最後由 CSW 於 08-11-29 23:57 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-11-29 23:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-29 10:17 發表

elder boy Camill is in K2 now. and my wife and I wondering which primary school is good for him in the next year P1 scho ...

hi from what I gathered, I would think that the best school for your kid will be DBS, although it's a DSS school so the fee will be expensive. Reason being it's an English primary school with a French stream, so your son's fluency in French will be an advantage. The school also has a lot of focus on Sports. So it's better for active kids. St. Stephens College will also be good.

If you really don't want to go to a private school or international school, then you can try La Salle. Another school that you might consider is 港大同學會.

But definitely not St. Paul's Co-ed for you. CSW has stated very clearly the reasons.

4#
發表於 08-11-30 10:39 |只看該作者
dear CSW and ahtan,
thanks a lot for your advise!
you have pointed out what we wanted to know.
to be honest, thanks to the parents of this forum, we just start get to know more about the primary schools in hong kong, the interviews, the dss system, the secondary school, etc.
not easy for the parents to chose which school fit their kids.... worst for the kids to study in the wrong school which they are not happy...

after your advise ad some other parents' suggestions in the forum, i have got 3 schools in mind.
1/ Camoes Tan Siu Lin Primary
2/ Diocesan Boys' School Primary
3/ St. Margaret's Co-edu

we live in ma wan, so other from diocesan, camoes and st margaret are not that far.
基慧小學(馬灣) seems to be a very good school as well. we may consider as well as it's really close.

we have visited camoes' open day, and we like it very much.
we would like to visit diocesan's open day next year as well to show camill more school and prepare him see which one he want to go the most.

thanks again for you both!!
hope we can keep chatting and exchange more comment ad advise from you!
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題