用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 English Project - P1G2 ??
發新帖
查看: 1526|回覆: 12
go

English Project - P1G2 ?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-25 12:29 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear P1G2 Parents,

Just checked the school Intranet and learned the following "scary" message from Mr. Gaffney:

Topic: Project

Description:

I only received 18 projects last term. I had to give zero marks out of 10 for those who didnt hand it in.
I don't give Homework during the school week so I expected the students to be able to do this.
The next project is about Christmas to be handed in in January.
I have suggested that the kids take some photos of a christmas thing and wite some short sentences about each one.

How come I didn't know anything about the Project that needed to be turned in? Any parents know about it?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-25 14:26 |只看該作者
Flying Man,

I am completely shocked.  My boy mentioned to me about the project.  We finished a one page thing but did not handed in as  I have been discussing with a number of parents and they are not aware of the submission time.  How come Mr G suddenly said we did not submit while we had not been informed of the submission - no matter from intranet or the homework dairy.

To be frank, I do not care about the 10 marks as it does not reflect how much my boy has learnt but I am totally frustrated on the way it is handled.  It has been quite a clear message from the school that all the homework requirements for P1 are listed on the intranet or written on the homework dairy.

3#
發表於 08-11-25 15:03 |只看該作者
When I check the intranet, I can't find your noitce, where it posted at?

4#
發表於 08-11-25 15:07 |只看該作者
It is at the bottom.  It is the notice of the second project.

5#
發表於 08-11-25 15:17 |只看該作者
Monkeydad,

Totally lost on where you pointing to, are you meaning parent or student log in? In the intranet  homework list, I can't find any English homework or project posted in the web. Are you talking about the last Halloween project ?

6#
發表於 08-11-25 16:28 |只看該作者
monkeydad,

What was the first project about? My girl didn't mention it to me.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-25 14:26 發表
Flying Man,

I am completely shocked.  My boy mentioned to me about the project.  We finished a one page thing but did not handed in as  I have been discussing with a number of parents and they are no ...

7#
發表於 08-11-25 17:43 |只看該作者
Pink-l,

We are talking about P1G2 English.  It is found on the intranet homework list.  The last item "project" due by Jan 2009 posted by John Federick Gaffney.

Flyingman,
My boy was told to draw picture (pictures) and write a story about the picture(s) in a A4 size paper.  We drew two pictures and wrote a short story (we did but not know when to hand in).

I recalled there was a notice from Mr Martin in general about this - he mentioned the English teacher would set the work and handed in date.

According to Mr G, it seems that 8 students have not yet handed in (rec'd 18).  I know five students including my boy who have not handed in as we have been discussing the date of submission.  Counting in you Flyingman and probably Pink-l, there are 7.

8#
發表於 08-11-25 19:47 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

My two kids have not submit this project too. Tonight they will finish one short story and picture about family themselves.

So total 9 students have not sumit this homework.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-25 17:43 發表
Pink-l,

We are talking about P1G2 English.  It is found on the intranet homework list.  The last item "project" due by Jan 2009 posted by John Federick Gaffney.

Flyingman,
My boy was told to draw pi ...

9#
發表於 08-11-25 19:57 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

Should the topic be "family"?  My boy wrote a story other than family.

10#
發表於 08-11-25 20:01 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby & Monkeydad,

When I asked my girl about the project, she kept shaking her head that she hadn't been assigned any project by Mr. G.

Did every child in P1G2 get the same topic for the 1st project? What was that topic? Why didn't Mr. G post the 1st project on Intranet? He really confused us parents a lot!

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-11-25 19:47 發表
Monkeydad

My two kids have not submit this project too. Tonight they will finish one short story and picture about family themselves.

So total 9 students have not sumit this homework.

11#
發表於 08-11-25 20:18 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

有個P1G2mummy e-mail to Mr.G for the subject of this project several days ago, he said the students had better to using the topies of 1st term English Text book's subject: family, Halloween and birthday... I do not remember the details of textbook, so far I have not seen the textbook for over 4 times.
And my boy said they are learning one new textbook, but why the old one is not returned, why Mr. G always keep it at school. I do not know their learning details for english.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-25 19:57 發表
HKQQbaby,

Should the topic be "family"?  My boy wrote a story other than family.

12#
發表於 08-11-25 20:52 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

Can you pm me the e-mail of Mr. G (I used to have one but have misplaced.)

My boy wrote a story taken place in school but not related to the themes taught.  It is too late to make the change.  Just leave it and his story was quite interesting.

13#
發表於 08-11-26 07:30 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

Sorry, I have no the e-mail addr.of Mr G. I contact him by phone, and leave message.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-25 20:52 發表
HKQQbaby,

Can you pm me the e-mail of Mr. G (I used to have one but have misplaced.)

My boy wrote a story taken place in school but not related to the themes taught.  It is too late to make the chan ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題