搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Wah Yan VS St.Paul
樓主: HKBEE
go

Wah Yan VS St.Paul [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-12-6 04:01 |只看該作者
Hi puzzledmama,

Can't sleep and thank you for yr god-sent goooood dream.

Talking about Uuuuuu, if our fellow parents don't mind childish stuff, I recommend a Jap comic 東大特訓班 for yr Christmas reading.  

22 volumes of fun & tips about how getting into the topppppppest U in Japan, a good dream/treat in Christmas under the never-ending financial tsunami.

42#
發表於 08-12-7 00:36 |只看該作者
Hi hogwarts,

Really has such comic stuff? I am eager to read!!
Anyway, all parents are respectable and lovely! After all, just relax and sit back la....
I mean it, I am really eager to discuss with u all whether Oxford or Cambridge is better one day...
:;pppp:

[ 本帖最後由 puzzledmama 於 08-12-7 00:37 編輯 ]

43#
發表於 08-12-7 07:59 |只看該作者
Dear Puzzledmama,

Ah!!! Oxbridge.  It really depends on which benchmark........ the Boat Race or how many Tory MPs.  

It is Cambridge, my choice. Please start to point out why Oxford is a better one.  

It is really good fun to have u as our fellow bloggers.  

東大特訓班 is a huge success in Japan.  This comic series demonstrated how band 3 尾 students can use only one year to get admission by the University of Tokyo.  The success rate of the method is 50%  in the comic.  Better than most of the Band 1 schools la, so very sad news for most of us.  

One good quote from 東大特訓班: "Getting into the U of T, is only a train ticket, a "GOLD TICKET", but what will happen next in your life, is still depending on yr own effort."

Also, there is a TV series but I love the comic books more.  In all respectable book shops in Japan, you can find not only the comic series but also many learning aids for U exams developed from it.  

Yes, with yr kind encouragement, I should start giving my kid hard time because of my choice of the Oxbridge or should I wait for the very last year by using the 東大 short cut method????

Your advice is much needed.

Yours,

hogwarts

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 08-12-7 08:00 編輯 ]

44#
發表於 08-12-8 00:02 |只看該作者
Hogwarts,

My key to Oxbridge, is just to develop my kid having a sense of humour to face the absurdness in this society!

So sad to say, primary school has already become a battlefield for most of the classmates and parents. The very first thing I 'd like to train my kid who is now P.1, is how to become a wiser kid, not a 100-score student of Wan Yan or St Paul Boys!

45#
發表於 08-12-8 10:53 |只看該作者
So according to this logic, it's obviously ok to you to judge a school by reading from news papers and knowing from memory about a few 10As/9As students.......um.....And how many students make a ton ?

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-5 11:53 發表
we cannot judge which school is better just by the few people you know.  i just never heard that there are any 10As or 9As HKCEE graduates from st. paul boys, but there are tons in wah yan.

46#
發表於 08-12-8 10:55 |只看該作者

原帖由 puzzledmama 於 08-12-6 00:45 發表
La Salle or DBS......
St Jo or Wah Yan......
Maryknoll or DGS......
King's or Queen's.......
St Paul's Convent or Marymount....
St Catherine or Kentville....

Just never-ending debates years after yea ...

47#
發表於 08-12-8 11:01 |只看該作者
dear 10As mom,
i'm just curious to know if you have put any special effort to get these 10As?!!? or you are just specially smart?!?!
with respect and no offense to anyone. just wonder if a kid could make 10As with a simple life which a happy childhood should be, play and work balanced!
it's actually an important factor for me to choose the primary school for my kids. i really would like to know if any school would fix a quota to students how many A they have to make...
for sure that academic result for sure is important, but for me, i would rather my kids have 9Bs than 10As if they are happier during the school life, they don't need to spend the whole time stick on the home works and have more time to spend with us, to communicate with people, to make friends, to have their own hobbits, to develop their own personality...
i agree that nowadays the hkcee result can help in real life, however, so as the emotional quality (EQ) development.
you can be a 10As and get a good job easily. you also can be an active, good temple, creative, open mind, brave to face risk and failure, and well organized leader to hire 10As to work for you...  

does anyone knows such school which i could apply for my elder son next year?!?!
thanks a lot in advance!!!!
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

48#
發表於 08-12-8 11:52 |只看該作者
Dear HoHoMom,

The information from newspapers that many 10As students from a particular school is for reference only.  Of course it's NOT the ONLY one thing I consider.  And of course I haven't counted how many students (to make a "ton" on my mind), do you think I am nuts???  i am wondering if anyone would disagree that there were really quite a lot of 9As or 10As students from Wah Yan previously.

I think every one has a right to think which school is better.  pls remember this is just a discussion forum and don't take it so seriously.  your or my opinion won't change the fact or others' opinion on which school is better.

原帖由 HoHoMom 於 08-12-8 10:53 發表
So according to this logic, it's obviously ok to you to judge a school by reading from news papers and knowing from memory about a few 10As/9As students.......um.....And how many students make a ton ? ...

49#
發表於 08-12-8 12:08 |只看該作者
HKBEE,

just wondering which school you have picked finally.

50#
發表於 08-12-8 15:01 |只看該作者
Wl Mom,

Thank you for many comments!
I select Wah Yan for my son already,
My selection is base on following point:

1) School culture and History
2) How many student per class
3) The quality of Teacher
4) Secondary school support
5) School Exam
6) What expectation for my son
7) School fee

Result:
1) History and Culture is very similar, good school.
St. Paul is smart Boy, Wah Yan is loyal boy.
2) 2008, Wah Yan become 30 student per class,
so, no different.
3) By my visit, the teacher at St. Paul  is OK,
from comments, Wah Yan Teacher is very good(with love for all student).
4) Secondary school support, St. Paul is about 9X%, or close to 100% direct to secondary school, but Wah Yan is about 75% direct to secondary school (by 2006 data).
5) School Exam, St. Paul have so many student go to English Top U, and Wah Yan have 10A, (but may not come from Primary school).
6) My expectation for my son is loyal and obey boy.
7) School Fee at St Paul Secondary school may become big impact.

51#
發表於 08-12-8 16:39 |只看該作者
HKBEE,

Good choice!

52#
發表於 08-12-8 18:20 |只看該作者
hmm..... talking about taking this discussion so seriously.....

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-8 11:52 發表
Dear HoHoMom,

The information from newspapers that many 10As students from a particular school is for reference only.  Of course it's NOT the ONLY one thing I consider.  And of course I haven't count ...

53#
發表於 08-12-8 22:08 |只看該作者
Hi Puzzledmama,

Don't worry, the probability to have 10As is very slim, no matter it is WY or SPC.  However, young men from both schools can be very humorous and thankful behind the backs of their parents.

sample from WY

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=tGZIf70W4Rc

sample from SPC

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=1BIXq8J_Sss

They might not have many As, but they must be very good young men.

If using these two film clips as benchmark, even as a SPCPS parent, I must say WY is the winner.

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 08-12-8 22:25 編輯 ]

54#
發表於 08-12-8 22:33 |只看該作者
Agreed!

原帖由 hogwarts 於 08-12-8 22:08 發表
Hi Puzzledmama,

Don't worry, the probability to have 10As is very slim, no matter it is WY or SPC.  However, young men from both schools can be very humorous and thankful behind the backs of their pa ...

55#
發表於 08-12-8 23:53 |只看該作者

wikipedia 上的 "東大特訓班" entry

Hi Puzzledmama,

For yr reference:

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%B1%E5%A4%A7%E7%89%B9%E8%A8%93%E7%8F%AD

56#
發表於 08-12-9 13:20 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

hogwart,

Believe it or.  I had thought of this comics when I was writing in this thread.  Unfortunately I have watched the TV series only ....

57#
發表於 08-12-9 19:54 |只看該作者
Hui Tung,

You must read the books in this holiday and some tips are even good for PS students as well, i.e. memory tree.

Both book's and TV's endings are touching.  The poor boy in TV gave up the offer of UT but worked in construction site to prepare for legal exam.  The girl in the book can get into the UT and have a gold ticket for life.

Yes, 天道会酬勤!

58#
發表於 08-12-9 23:18 |只看該作者
Many thanks to you hogwarts. I am very interested to read this comics!

原帖由 hogwarts 於 08-12-8 23:53 發表
Hi Puzzledmama,

For yr reference:

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%B1%E5%A4%A7%E7%89%B9%E8%A8%93%E7%8F%AD

59#
發表於 08-12-10 10:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 hogwarts 於 08-12-9 19:54 發表
Hui Tung,

You must read the books in this holiday and some tips are even good for PS students as well, i.e. memory tree.

Both book's and TV's endings are touching.  The poor boy in TV gave up the of ...

Oh oh .... I'm so eager to read the original ...

Unfortunately my boy doesn't like eating sardines ....

60#
發表於 08-12-10 18:57 |只看該作者
It's because St Paul boy do not allow students to take 9 subjects in HKCEE since 27 years ago. Before that they have rank no.1 student (either 9A or 8A1B, in those days 'A' were more difficult to get) in HKCEE nearly every  years.
I think that only those schools who are not in the top rank will force their students to get more 'A' s in public examinations. Actually, you can get the 'style' of the school from the performance of their alumni. Nowaday, you can check it easily in Wikipedia

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%81%96%E4%BF%9D%E7%BE%85%E6%9B%B8%E9%99%A2

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-5 11:53 發表
we cannot judge which school is better just by the few people you know.  i just never heard that there are any 10As or 9As HKCEE graduates from st. paul boys, but there are tons in wah yan.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題