樓主: coni
go

新加坡升學 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-3-10 22:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sim 於 09-3-10 15:06 發表
Hi Coni,

Thanks for your reply!

Yup! I know the difficulty. Even you stay near the school you still need to ballot.  

Oh! I don't know I can knock door for Primary school???

Anyway thanks very muc ...

my son doesn't need student pass cause we are PR.
For student pass application details, pls refer to http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=256&secid=182

102#
發表於 09-3-11 15:09 |只看該作者
Hi Coni,

So your son is a PR too. That means he will need to service the army after JC.

How do you think studying in Sin? Which has more pressure? For me, I hope to let my kids study in English school. Over here in HK, all DSS schools need  to go through interview which I think is quite 'pressure'. And, all these school need to pay over HK$1000 for the monthly school fees which I think is expensive as compare to Sin. In Sin, foreigners don't have to pay so many too. Lastly, I think the study environment will be better in Sin as the kids can hear & speak English everywhere.   

Regards

103#
發表於 09-3-11 17:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sim 於 09-3-11 15:09 發表
Hi Coni,

So your son is a PR too. That means he will need to service the army after JC.

How do you think studying in Sin? Which has more pressure? For me, I hope to let my kids study in English sch ...

right, my son will go to ns after poly.

compare with HK, I think HK student is more stress.. lot of homework and tests. the main point is HK Edu dept always changing their mind... even the teachers can't feel comfortable and get ready to follow

but, if you want yr boy study in top schl, then he may also feel stress. the competition in top schl is intense

Environment in SIN is absolutely much better than HK, everyone is reading in mtr instead of playing psp...

coni

104#
發表於 09-3-17 16:09 |只看該作者
Hi coni,

Are your whole family PR of Singapore? So it is not necessary to stay in Sin in order to be a PR? I thought foreigners need to work or stay there for a certain number of years then can become a PR.

So, the number of homework & tests are lesser in Sin? I thought Sin has many tests & Exams too.   I'm not educated in HK therefore I don't know the case here. However, many people tell me many homework for those HK traditional schools especially those good ones.

I will not put my son in top school as I'm afraid of giving myself too much pressure & my son too. Normal but good school shall be alright.

Regards,
Wendy

105#
發表於 09-3-18 11:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sim 於 09-3-17 16:09 發表
Hi coni,

Are your whole family PR of Singapore? So it is not necessary to stay in Sin in order to be a PR? I thought foreigners need to work or stay there for a certain number of years then can becom ...

hi Wendy,

right, we are PR and my son is staying in SIN.. if my husband stays in SIN for a few years, then we can become citizen..

I'm sure SIN is less homework than HK.
for exams/tests, 4 times a year in SIN but not sure how many times in HK nowaday... depends on each schl's policy..

moreover, my son could reconize the different when he was there for P.4, and he loves to study in SIN

coni

106#
發表於 09-3-18 15:40 |只看該作者
Hi coni,

Actually my husband plan to find a job over there so we can go back together which is the best but it is not easy to find a job at this moment since the economy is so bad everywhere.

Did you go to Sin just with your son during that 2 yrs? Can you share some of your experience?

Regards,
Wendy

107#
發表於 09-3-19 11:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sim 於 09-3-18 15:40 發表
Hi coni,

Actually my husband plan to find a job over there so we can go back together which is the best but it is not easy to find a job at this moment since the economy is so bad everywhere.

Did y ...

Hi Wendy,

Maybe we can share via email. Pls email me or pm yr email to me. thanks

coni

108#
發表於 09-3-20 14:39 |只看該作者
Dear Coni,

I would like to know more infos as my eldest son is in F.2 now. However, he didn't learn Chinese before so he is good at English.  If he is studying in Sin govt local school, he need to learn Chinese or not ??

Thanks for your repy.

109#
發表於 09-3-20 16:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 jh1228 於 09-3-20 14:39 發表
Dear Coni,

I would like to know more infos as my eldest son is in F.2 now. However, he didn't learn Chinese before so he is good at English.  If he is studying in Sin govt local school, he need to le ...

hello jh1228,

already pm the hostel info to you, pls check and let me know if you can't find it.
for the question on Chinese study, I'm checking with hostel for details.
Normally, there are Chinese, Tamil and Malay for mother language for SIN student.

Pls adv if yr boy know other language to replace chinese ? i.e. german, french etc ?

coni

[ 本帖最後由 coni 於 09-3-20 22:50 編輯 ]

110#
發表於 09-3-22 20:33 |只看該作者
Dear Coni,

Well received your infos with thanks.
My boy is studying French instead of Chinese at school now. By the way, my husband sister said it's quite hard to be employed by HK famous big or listed company if you gradudated in Singapore.

Do you have any comments for the students graduated from Singapore.

Thanks

原帖由 coni 於 09-3-20 16:03 發表

hello jh1228,

already pm the hostel info to you, pls check and let me know if you can't find it.
for the question on Chinese study, I'm checking with hostel for details.
Normally, there are Chine ...

111#
發表於 09-3-23 16:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 jh1228 於 09-3-22 20:33 發表
Dear Coni,

Well received your infos with thanks.
My boy is studying French instead of Chinese at school now. By the way, my husband sister said it's quite hard to be employed by HK famous big or list ...

hi, I've checked with hostel.. yr boy can take French as his 2nd language instead of Chinese.

I'm sorry that I never heard about that.. but know some Singaporean can be high management level in some famous companyies..

112#
發表於 09-4-25 23:09 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

請把資料email給我,謝謝[email protected]

113#
發表於 09-4-26 17:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 yoyoli 於 09-4-25 23:09 發表
請把資料email給我,謝謝[email protected]

Hi yoyo,

already sent to you. Pls check.

coni

114#
發表於 09-4-29 23:18 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

115#
發表於 09-4-30 11:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 Henrymama 於 09-4-29 23:18 發表
Please send the details to me. Thanks!

hello Henrymama,

already pm the info to you, pls check.

coni

116#
發表於 09-5-9 17:44 |只看該作者
Dear Coni,

Do you know about university of Singapore. I just see from newspaper there is a Monash University in Singapore. How is it?

117#
發表於 09-5-10 00:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 ALAL 於 09-5-9 17:44 發表
Dear Coni,

Do you know about university of Singapore. I just see from newspaper there is a Monash University in Singapore. How is it?

等我幫你問下宿舍先..

118#
發表於 09-5-10 19:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 ALAL 於 09-5-9 17:44 發表
Dear Coni,

Hi ALAL,

Pls see below comments...

if not wrong... it is run by TMC centre...
hmm... the uni in Aus not too bad... but the SIN mgmt team is not very strong...
btw they are a listed company... and the newspaper reported that they are running at a lost last year...

conclusion... be a little careful...

119#
發表於 09-5-13 14:17 |只看該作者
We have been living in Singapore for 1.5 years because of my husband's work. Here are something I'd like to share with other parents:

The interesting thing I found out is that in terms of hiring staff, the international companies seems to prefer "HK people" to Singapreans.

"HK people" do work more independently and effectively at a higher standard. It may be a cultural difference.

We put our boy in Internationl Kindergarten when we were there because it was hard to get him a place in good local schools as  "foreigner".

Some friends from HK who married to Singaporean and had their their children borned and raised up in Singapore considered to had their kids to apply for HKU in 10 years time because of the higher ranking of HKU. (P.S. Their kids are studying in those top schools in Bukit Timah! )

They believed that graduates from HKU instead of SNU may make it easier for their kids to find a better job in international companies in Singapore??

Vice Versa, would it be eaiser for a graduate from SNU to get a good job in HK than a graduate from HKU? I had no idea.

On the other hand, the English environmant in Singaporeis is far better than HK. The amount of "Singlish" we heard is minimal as we mainly stayed in the area of "foreigners' or "expatriates".

For Mandarin, we heard "Mandarin" in many different accent in Singapore. We would say that kids can learn English easily in Singapore, but not for Mandarin. Mandarin is more like a second language in School and work.

Lastly, Singaporeans are very nice and polite. The kids can enjoy a rich and green outdoor life in a safe environment. That is the best part of Singapore we missed most!

Singapore is a very kids-friendly country, especially for the young ones.

Hope these are helpful!

[ 本帖最後由 Cat 於 09-5-13 21:28 編輯 ]

120#
發表於 09-5-23 22:02 |只看該作者
hi! 請問幾多年齡去新加坡讀書好,我女女今年7歲,09年升小二, 請問費用多少? e-mail [email protected]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題