密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎?
查看: 2806|回覆: 39
go

請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-18 14:51 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎?該校每年會有多少備取生名額?小兒為該校09-10年備取生,急求答案,謝謝!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-20 13:39 |只看該作者
I want to know also.  My son also under the waiting list.

原帖由 zhanglam 於 08-11-18 14:51 發表
請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎?該校每年會有多少備取生名額?小兒為該校09-10年備取生,急求答案,謝謝!

3#
發表於 08-11-20 22:03 |只看該作者
我諗好難答到你地呢個問題, 每年既情況都唔同, 今年既競爭好似大左好多, 可能學校多人認識左, 而學位始終係得80個.

4#
發表於 09-1-17 11:34 |只看該作者
Anyone know when SMC will call "waiting list"?  I heard that they have already filled up all places after first round!

5#
發表於 09-1-17 12:44 |只看該作者
我知道7月份多數直資/私校要求升小一學生注冊及買書和訂校服, 那時手中有多間學校在手的家長不得不為子女作決定是否讀SM, 我估計會有學位讓給後補生.

現經濟不好,或許打算讓仔仔讀國際學校的改為讀學費較便的直資. 原打算讀直資的後補生最後轉讀津校......
現教統局老是改教學語言政策 直資學校在教學語言上始終較津/官校有優勢.

我朋友的仔仔今年讀p1 去年7月他就是以後補生讓SM錄取. 我朋友在仔仔k3時加強中英數的學習,幼稚園k3成積很好,是"Best students" 在去年7月時TSL & SM都收了仔仔,他選了SM.

由此你們不要放棄 Good luck to you.

原帖由 happyrain 於 09-1-17 11:34 發表
Anyone know when SMC will call "waiting list"?  I heard that they have already filled up all places after first round!

6#
發表於 09-1-19 09:30 |只看該作者
Thanks for your info!
But the waiting is very painful!
Hope my daughter would have good news from SMC soon! :idea:

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 09-1-17 12:44 發表
我知道7月份多數直資/私校要求升小一學生注冊及買書和訂校服, 那時手中有多間學校在手的家長不得不為子女作決定是否讀SM, 我估計會有學位讓給後補生.

現經濟不好,或許打算讓仔仔讀國際學校的改為讀學費較便的直資.  ...

7#
發表於 09-2-4 19:26 |只看該作者

請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎?

我女女也是備取生,我唔會放棄!

8#
發表於 09-2-5 17:37 |只看該作者
Me too.  My daughter is also under waiting list.  keep in touch if any good news.

原帖由 wyl541 於 09-2-4 19:26 發表
我女女也是備取生,我唔會放棄!

9#
發表於 09-2-11 23:38 |只看該作者
Is anybody know the status of calling the waiting list applicants ?  Also, I really want to know the chance..   

Me too.  Keep in touch if also.  Even I want my son could get a seat, but I also want you all could get a seat too, as SMC is really a very good school.

原帖由 mabelzero 於 09-2-5 17:37 發表
Me too.  My daughter is also under waiting list.  keep in touch if any good news.

[ 本帖最後由 ChapmanMa 於 09-6-7 16:54 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 09-6-7 16:55 |只看該作者
Is anybody know the status of calling the waiting list applicants ?  Also, I really want to know the chance..   

Me too.  Keep in touch if also.  Even I want my son could get a seat, but I also wa ... [/quote]

11#
發表於 09-6-7 22:54 |只看該作者
Hi Chapmanma,

Yes, we both still waiting SMC's calling (after 1Aug), hope we both get the seat in final.

Which school have you registered ?  govn't or private school ?  

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 09-2-11 23:38 發表

Me too.  Keep in touch if also.  Even I want my son could get a seat, but I also wa ...

12#
發表於 09-6-8 09:56 |只看該作者
For those parents who are waiting for SMC seat (like Chapmanma, Mabelzero, wy1541), have you been called for 2nd interview yet?
I wonder how many students they placed on waiting list!
Add Oil to all of us and do hope to see you all in the coming academic year!!!!!!!!

13#
發表於 09-6-8 10:38 |只看該作者
As what I Know the competition in this yr is very keen. Quite a lot of kids are on waiting list, would like to suggest you to keep sending letters to principle, you may be able to get a 2nd test or interview. Why I put 2nd test since I know some case, they will conduct the test again to see the new progress of the child.

Last yr, my friend's girl who was on waiting list and only got an offer in Aug but she picked CKY finally. Now is only June, so you still has lot of time, hope this can help you a bit.

14#
發表於 09-6-9 00:41 |只看該作者
Just wanna to ask:

Coz i read fm the post, the school is quite "heat" ... May i ask why as i need to decide which sch to apply next yr.

Sometimes i am a bit worried if the info here are prceise and truth.. ( sorry if i offence anyone). U know, this sch is not as famous in terms of popularity.

I beg someone who can give me details info ( with million tks!)

1) how their academic standard? Eng, Maths & Chi
2) i check their website and found out that most teachers are quite green in teaching, are the teachers are experienced enough?
3) knowing that there are some % foreigners, would like to know where they come from? are they all black?
4) does it have much chance to build up children's confidence via presenations, show & tell, etc?
5) what is the background of the students, i,e. fm middle class?

Thanks a lot!

15#
發表於 09-6-9 19:03 |只看該作者
Kam 118,

As wise parents, we should not judge a school by it's surface and we should not judge people by their skin colour and their class.

If you are interest in SM, you should do more backgroup investigation

16#
發表於 09-6-9 19:06 |只看該作者
Typo error... I mean "background" not
"back group"

17#
發表於 09-6-9 20:34 |只看該作者
Dear mons,
Do u know at the begining, I also have this concern. Even now, I am still hesitate. But, From my frends kids comment. All of them are positive. i know the image is difficulty to change. Just, what u want. To be frank, my kid is accepted by 4DSS and 3 private schools this year. Some of school are famous. But, I choose SMC.I just tell u that situation that I do not show how smart my kid. Just I know this school is changing. I just want to get something I want. Anyway, you can search more info from the website.

To be frank, most of the parents are middle class.
As a know, some are doctor (my friend)lI mention before. I went to interview in Pui Kui. One foreigner (golden hair)kid was talking the experience of rejected by SMC.
But, I believed SMC select suitable kids. I don't know what they want. But I think no all kids are succeed to accept.(This is my experience in this year)   

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 09-6-9 20:42 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 09-6-9 22:14 |只看該作者
I just want to know the background of the students, i don't think i have any discrimination.

Indeed, i concerned the teachers, academic standards, too. And i am now seeking helpful parents to answer my questions.

U definitely didn't answer to my question.

原帖由 Chatter 於 09-6-9 19:03 發表
Kam 118,

As wise parents, we should not judge a school by it's surface and we should not judge people by their skin colour and their class.

If you are interest in SM, you should do more backgroup in ...

19#
發表於 09-6-9 23:53 |只看該作者
Kam118,
This data may help u.
As i know, some students come from St. catherine,KV and greenville, Victoria.This is truth.Both of them are my friends Of course, the number is not large.
$2900/month+300 lunch+/- schoolbus.I think this fee just can be afford by middle class.
The quality of teacher: you can find at SMC website.There show all academia of the teachers. I think all DSS teachers are degree or Master.
Some is good in Smc---grouping

20#
發表於 09-6-10 08:08 |只看該作者
Kam118,

I learnt that for 2008-2009 P1, there are quite a number of kids from Learning Habitat.  In that year, the school even sent forms to this kinder.  But not sure whether it is still the case now.

I feel that SMC focuses on the abilities of the kids rather than which kinder they come from.  The invterview covers language abilities, maths concept and topics related to their daily life.  Teachers are very good at observing the strengths and weaknesses of the kids and we found the comments very true.  Just let them be themselves.

Regarding the quality of teachers, we as parents are quite happy with where it is now, though some teachers are relatively green.  However, this applies to every school as there won't be the unanimous standard elsewhere.

The non-Chinese students is a mix of Koreans, Japanese, Indians, Europeans / Americans / Australians.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題