教育王國 討論區 聖若瑟英文小學 The current status of St. Joseph
發新帖
查看: 1664|回覆: 2
go

The current status of St. Joseph [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-4 14:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hello, all seniors,

I 'll be most grateful if you can kindly provide some information on the current status of St. Joesph Primary School. Thanks a million...

I knew that St. Joseph had been a very good primary English school but 20 years ago. At that time, my friend's kid studied in that school. He was educated well, leading to his good character and outstanding examination result.

• Is there any "top-student" class in the school?
  • In the old days of this school (i.e., with A.M./P.M. classes) , did a significant number of students quit from St. Joseph during the 6-year life of study ? If yes, do you know the reasons (e.g., they found difficulty in catching up the study progress, they got other better choices, etc.)
  • My friend's son has been studying in DBS (Primary) at Mong Kok. As told, the teachers didn't work well - they didn't teach too much but the exam asked a lot ; all parents are expected to teach their kids a lot at home.
    Do you feel that teachers of St. Joseph have been working with love and actively help students to overcome the difficulty during the study in school? (Of course, there is no doubt that parents should help their kids to overcome any difficulties and montior their study progress closely.)
  • I always try to seek a good balance between activities and study for my son though it is not easy at all. Without strong academic performance, I worry if he may not be able to get into a good secondary school in support of his future study. However, he may be afraid of the school and study if it is an 100% academic workshop. How do you rank St. Joseph on this aspect ?
  • What are the result of primary 6 students - the portions of students studying in (a) districts other than Kwun Tong, (b) Kwun Tong district but not its secondary school and (c) its secondary school ?
  • The campus is very small. Will the school move to the new site in 2010 with the secondary school, or has it got its own plan for a new campus ?
  • Do you think St. Joseph is better than RC (高主教) in terms of the English standard, quality of the student (peer), assumed that we EXCLUDE the factors relating to location (school net) and their secondary schools as well as the school fee ?

Sorry for having asked a lot of questions.
Thanks for your help.

[ 本帖最後由 rosamann 於 08-11-4 14:06 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-5 14:10 |只看該作者
Rosamann, you have really asked a lot. But I am also interested in viewing the reply (if any) from SJPS parents.

I agree that SJ's academic standard was very high (many years ago). Nowadays, RC should be a better choice than SJ since the change of MOI for SJ's  secondary counterpart. SJ is very small, even smaller than RC. (RC is actually small when comparing with other new schools.). Due to the decrease on the P1 applicants of SJ, I guess it may be hard for SJ to have good intake of quality students. SJ's parents, please forgive me if it is not true. You are welcome to share your view on SJ kids, in terms of their peers and academic performance. Thank you

[ 本帖最後由 timtim852 於 08-11-5 22:06 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-11-6 13:09 |只看該作者
timtim852,
Thank you for your information.  May other parents of SJ please share your views on my queries. Thank you very much for your help.

I have been waiting for the P1 interview result. To my surprise, one of my colleagues just commented that SJ Secondary School (SJSS) was not good. The son of his friend just scored 3 marks in the last HKCEE but he couldn't tell me the average performance of other F.5 graduates from JSSS and the standard of the JS Primary School (SJPS).   Unfortunately, the website of JSSS just showed the result of the most outstanding student. What happened to the other students ? Did someone know that ?  Perhaps, JSPS is a good primary school that is independent of the performance of SJSS.

Can the parents of SJPS provide your invaluable information. Thank you very much....

原帖由 timtim852 於 08-11-5 14:10 發表
Rosamann, you have really asked a lot. But I am also interested in viewing the reply (if any) from SJPS parents.

I agree that SJ's academic standard was very high (many years ago). Nowadays, RC shoul ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題