用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 激活英文小學 激活英文小學 pls join our discussion(part 2)
樓主: dlh525
go

激活英文小學 pls join our discussion(part 2) [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-4-27 00:33 |只看該作者
Tszma, thank you for your sharing.

62#
發表於 09-5-11 23:06 |只看該作者
Hi Tszma,

想請問一下 Lunch 的食物是否尚當及份量有幾多?  會不會有set A or B這樣選擇的?

Tks/dlh525

63#
發表於 09-5-12 22:35 |只看該作者
Pupils line up to get lunch when the bell rings. (It is good that they are trained to be responsible for their own selves. In many schools, lunch boxes are delivered directly to the classroom for the pupils.) Only one set is provided every day. They will have one main dish, rice or pasta, soup and fruit every day. The lunch lady will put the food in the tray in front of the pupils. So the pupils can make requests (more / less rice, more / less soup). Then they will take the tray of food back to their own seat to enjoy it. P.2 to P.6 pupils will enjoy their lunch together round the tables but P.1  pupils will have it in the classroom with the homeroom teachers. If they want more, they can go and get it.After lunch, they need to show the lunch boxes or trays to the teachers. Teachers will encourage them to eat more and not to be picky. Pupils are required to clear the trays before they return them.
the meal costs $27 every day (I think it's really expensive compared with the set lunch in fast food shops) In order to assure that the meals are healthy, little salt and seasoning is used so the food may not be attractive to pupils. However, it is good for their health. Different cuisines are provided (Italian, American, Indian, Chinese,... style) within a month.

64#
發表於 09-5-14 23:25 |只看該作者
Hi tszma,

Understand and thanks for yr reply.  

dlh525

原帖由 tszma 於 09-5-12 22:35 發表
Pupils line up to get lunch when the bell rings. (It is good that they are trained to be responsible for their own selves. In many schools, lunch boxes are delivered directly to the classroom for the  ...

65#
發表於 09-5-26 23:00 |只看該作者
請問各位激活準小一mama/baba.  是否已決定了選此校及6月26日的家長會是否出席?

原帖由 dlh525 於 09-5-14 23:25 發表
Hi tszma,

Understand and thanks for yr reply.  

dlh525

66#
發表於 09-5-27 11:02 |只看該作者
我囡囡係呀, 會出席家長會, 請多多指教﹗

原帖由 dlh525 於 09-5-26 23:00 發表
請問各位激活準小一mama/baba.  是否已決定了選此校及6月26日的家長會是否出席?

67#
發表於 09-5-27 12:15 |只看該作者
Hi,
I'd like to represent the school and all the parents (I hope they won't mind me representing them) to welcome you and your children.
All caring parents have their own expectations on the school that they have chosen. However, please bare in mind that not all will come as what we have expected. A school is really a very very big family. We sometimes need to compromise, share and reflect but not merely complain to maintain the harmony of the family. Agreed?

68#
發表於 09-5-27 21:39 |只看該作者
I am not able to join the parent-principal meeting on 26 June.  Dlh525 and 鍾意BB, mind sharing with me the issues discussed at the meeting afterwards.

69#
發表於 09-5-28 09:21 |只看該作者
Hi 42669369,

Ok, no problem.

Hi tszma,

Thank you.

原帖由 42669369 於 09-5-27 21:39 發表
I am not able to join the parent-principal meeting on 26 June.  Dlh525 and 鍾意BB, mind sharing with me the issues discussed at the meeting afterwards.

醒目開學勳章

70#
發表於 09-5-30 18:54 |只看該作者
Hi,  my girl will study in Gigamind the P1 this year too.

In fact, I was late to apply and only got a confirmed letter this morning.

See you all soon.

醒目開學勳章

71#
發表於 09-6-5 18:57 |只看該作者
Hi Sumheima, Tszma, current Gigamind parents,

Do you think Gigamind's courses a bit simple/easy if compare with the others?

I am REALLY worrying that my girl may not be able catching up when she's up to secondary school.

72#
發表於 09-6-6 00:24 |只看該作者
First of all, welcome you again.
As I have said before, learning happens anywhere and anytime but not merely at school. It is too passive to let other parties (school , tutorial centre ) to design the learning framework for our own kids.
To be frank, the course provided by GM (esp. for P.1) is comparatively less tense or tight. Maybe the scope is not as wide as that provided by other subsidized schools, but it is deep enough. Pupils have time to rethink, revise and reflect what they have learnt.
Actually for I.S. and Maths, textbooks which follow the EMB syllabus are used. So pupils do not learn less than others. For English, they are learning daily (natural) English which is not framed by the publishers.
Frankly speaking, to catch up with the pupils in local schools (I mean those traditional 'popular' schools but not the local schools in Tin Shui Wai), parents need to encourage them to read more books. Since pupils in GM do not come across or are not asked to memorize many Chinese words, parents may need to give them some supplement to help them read.
You don't need to worry too much about the bridging between primary and secondary schools. Once they have built up
1. confidence to speak and express themselves in public,
2. self-awareness and motivation to gain knowledge and
3. enjoyment in learning ,
they would probably move smoothly up the education ladder.
Welcome to comment.

醒目開學勳章

73#
發表於 09-6-8 21:36 |只看該作者
Hi Tzema,

Thanks for the details, I can sleep well tonight.

However, I  know my character.... I feel positive this minute but negative next minute.   

I think I need to learn how to relax myself......

74#
發表於 09-6-8 22:13 |只看該作者
I know exactly how you feel. I am also a mother who easily gets nervous. So I always tell myself to relax, especially in nurturing my daughter. Keeping a good and intimate relationship with her is far more important that pushing her or loading her with extra works. Therefore I let her study in GM. My daughter enjoys her schoollife very very much. She knows nearly every teaching staff and many schoolmates in all levels.
Since she doesn't have much pressure in learning at school, she is pleased to challenge herself with the supplementary exercises that I prepared for her.
When a kid has the mood and she/he asks for it, she/he will do well and learn better.
Happy to share with you.
See you

原帖由 CML2006 於 09-6-8 21:36 發表
Hi Tzema,

Thanks for the details, I can sleep well tonight.

However, I  know my character.... I feel positive this minute but negative next minute.   

I think I need to learn how to relax myself... ...

75#
發表於 09-6-9 23:51 |只看該作者
Hi tszma,

Can u give me the suggestion what size school bag for p.1 student because I hv no idea to buy the big or small school bag for my daughter.  Thank you!   

dlh525

76#
發表於 09-6-10 22:42 |只看該作者
You don't need to buy a very big one. They have textbooks for Maths and I.S. Teachers are really considerate. They will keep the textbooks and workbooks  at school. Pupils will be given the one that is in use. They don't need to bring all of them every day.For English and Chinese, they are given F4 files to keep the worksheets. However, I suggest you to buy a schoolbag with wheels (Quite a lot of pupils are using this kind of schoolbags) because they don't need to walk upstairs. It is more convenient and comfy.

77#
發表於 09-6-10 23:48 |只看該作者
Hi tszma,

Thank you for yr suggestion and I will take a look at department store.  

dlh525

原帖由 tszma 於 09-6-10 22:42 發表
You don't need to buy a very big one. They have textbooks for Maths and I.S. Teachers are really considerate. They will keep the textbooks and workbooks  at school. Pupils will be given the one that i ...

78#
發表於 09-6-11 22:20 |只看該作者
My daughter's schoolbag is quite nice. It is not too fancy (My daughter is quite boyish, she doesn't like fancy things like princesses now.) There is Charlie Brown on it.The size is O.K. Since the picture is not a Disney character, it is comparatively cheaper. I bought it in Yuen Long (千色店) There are two colours. One is blue and one is pink.
It is being used for almost 10 months, but it is still good.
Take it as a reference.

原帖由 dlh525 於 09-6-10 23:48 發表
Hi tszma,

Thank you for yr suggestion and I will take a look at department store.  

dlh525

醒目開學勳章

79#
發表於 09-6-15 15:46 |只看該作者
Thanks again tszma.

原帖由 tszma 於 09-6-8 22:13 發表
I know exactly how you feel. I am also a mother who easily gets nervous. So I always tell myself to relax, especially in nurturing my daughter. Keeping a good and intimate relationship with her is far ...

醒目開學勳章

80#
發表於 09-6-15 15:52 |只看該作者
hi,  what have you arranged for your kids in the coming two weeks?

My husband made some chinese word-cards so our girl can learn more chinese words these days.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題