密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 請問多唔多人入倒王錦輝?
發新帖
查看: 1415|回覆: 17
go

請問多唔多人入倒王錦輝?

發表於 08-10-19 04:42 |顯示全部帖子
我女女已收到通知入倒, 等星期一俾留位費, 不過聽到另外有位家長都得佐但個爹d話唔係至愛, 想等大抽獎或另選其他喎~好奇怪. 唔知有冇人入倒王錦輝但又唔諗住俾留位費呢?!

發表於 08-10-19 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
WKF is a DSS, so once parents signed the undertaking, their child will not be able to join the central allocation system already.  I think the parents would make up their mind already before signing the document.

However, if they're only choosing DSS or private schools for their kid and , perhaps they will give up the seat offered by WKF if more offers are given from other schools.  I think the whole interview process will not be finished until Jan for a few schools.  WKF will ask parents to pay the deposit in January.

3lamma
原帖由 charles2046 於 08-10-19 04:42 發表
我女女已收到通知入倒, 等星期一俾留位費, 不過聽到另外有位家長都得佐但個爹d話唔係至愛, 想等大抽獎或另選其他喎~好奇怪. 唔知有冇人入倒王錦輝但又唔諗住俾留位費呢?! ...

發表於 08-10-19 15:15 |顯示全部帖子
not surprised, a friend of mind decided to give up with 2 obvious reasons.

原帖由 charles2046 於 08-10-19 04:42 發表
我女女已收到通知入倒, 等星期一俾留位費, 不過聽到另外有位家長都得佐但個爹d話唔係至愛, 想等大抽獎或另選其他喎~好奇怪. 唔知有冇人入倒王錦輝但又唔諗住俾留位費呢?! ...

發表於 08-10-19 21:34 |顯示全部帖子
甚麼原因??放棄學位

發表於 08-10-19 21:49 |顯示全部帖子
I want to know also.
Thanks!!

原帖由 amusing_baby 於 08-10-19 15:15 發表
not surprised, a friend of mind decided to give up with 2 obvious reasons.

發表於 08-10-20 00:01 |顯示全部帖子
The reasons are

1) this is one of the DSSs which releases the admission result quiet early, guess the father still not make up his mind for real action.

2) money, $3500+misc>$5k is an issue

原帖由 aniwong 於 08-10-19 21:49 發表
I want to know also.
Thanks!!

發表於 08-10-20 10:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, amusing_baby,

Oh! no, $5k per month! It doesn't worth!
I sign the undertaking letter already with two DSS similar mission school on last week (WKF & SMC). And I still under considerating.  Although WKF is near my home,   I still worry about their administration policy. This major factor will affect teacher quality.
Hence, I have adopted many parents idea in cirrcumstances. I know what I need to do now!
Thanks a lot for all parents!

原帖由 amusing_baby 於 08-10-20 00:01 發表
The reasons are

1) this is one of the DSSs which releases the admission result quiet early, guess the father still not make up his mind for real action.

2) money, $3500+misc>$5k is an issue

發表於 08-10-20 14:42 |顯示全部帖子
王x輝係最早一間面試,可能有家長去warm up 吓, 未必係最鐘意既. 如果係唔係甘鍾意, 連幾百蚊留位都唔想比.

發表於 08-10-20 22:30 |顯示全部帖子
If someone opt WKF but this someone doesn't live in shatin, the school bus may cost a few hundred to $1k, plus lunch box, misc fee, shouldn't be less than $5k per month.

Having said that, most of DSSs will cost nearly the same amount unless you opt those with school fee less than $2k, guess you won't have too many choices.

原帖由 aniwong 於 08-10-20 10:04 發表
Hi, amusing_baby,

Oh! no, $5k per month! It doesn't worth!
I sign the undertaking letter already with two DSS similar mission school on last week (WKF & SMC). And I still under considerating.  Althou ...

發表於 08-10-20 22:33 |顯示全部帖子
I guess most parents will hold the places until last moment which could be next summer. So, a long way to go.

原帖由 catcatmom 於 08-10-20 14:42 發表
王x輝係最早一間面試,可能有家長去warm up 吓, 未必係最鐘意既. 如果係唔係甘鍾意, 連幾百蚊留位都唔想比.

發表於 08-10-20 23:48 |顯示全部帖子
Although WKF is near my home,   I still worry about their administration policy. This major factor will affect teacher quality.
Hence, I have adopted many parents idea in 。。。。

Hi, aniwong,

My situation is similar to you. WKF is near my home, but I still need to concern many many things.
(Teachers,校風,curriculum:is it too easy in G1,$$$)
It really needs 5,000/month?(not include school bus free)How can I choose a situable school for my kid and which is suitable for my family($$)

發表於 08-10-20 23:53 |顯示全部帖子
School fee itself is $3.5k, but it takes to $5k+ if you top up the other expenses.

原帖由 salut 於 08-10-20 23:48 發表
Although WKF is near my home,   I still worry about their administration policy. This major factor will affect teacher quality.
Hence, I have adopted many parents idea in 。。。。

Hi, aniwong,

My si ...

發表於 08-10-21 00:34 |顯示全部帖子
Can you say more about the students in WKF(I know they have confident performance and happy school life) How about the curriculum?(is it easy in G1)

發表於 08-10-21 09:40 |顯示全部帖子
I got an offer from WKF but have decided to withdraw. I had quite a positive impression of this school at the beginning but after I went through the whole admission process, I feel very disappointed!:;pppp:

The administrative procedures are very confusing. I've made a few enquiries during the whole process, responses are always "not sure, planning..." though the staff manner "seems" ok.

When I heard in BK that some children were called for "third" interviews, I felt quite puzzled. Why not putting these children on waiting list if the schools think that they are marginal cases?

The worst thing is that parents are not respected. Doesn't the school understand that parents have to take leave from work to attend the interveiws? Also, it will impose unnecessary pressure on the kids + parents!   

When offered, why they only give parents SUCH a SUPER SHORT notice  for registration? I got a call from the school staff on Friday afternoon telling that they were sending out the letters on that day. I finally got the offer letter on Saturday afternoon! Is it reasonable to ask parents to complete registration on MONDAY IN PERSON(DEADLINE ALREADY!!)?? If the school finds the whole thing urgent, why not issue the offer letters a bit earlier??:;pppp:  

Any respects on parents' schedule?  Responsible people do have commitments to their work, their colleageus and their employers!

I guess the school are losing some quality students and parents. Please think twice before deciding to enrol your kids in the school.

I don't think a school will perform well without respect and consideration on children's and parents' concern.  

Though it's still at early stage that other DSS results are not yet confirmed, I decided to withdraw!!

[ 本帖最後由 Bilobi 於 08-10-21 09:44 編輯 ]

發表於 08-10-21 11:19 |顯示全部帖子
I think you did the right thing,  a well-managed school would not allow this to happen!

原帖由 Bilobi 於 08-10-21 09:40 發表
I got an offer from WKF but have decided to withdraw. I had quite a positive impression of this school at the beginning but after I went through the whole admission process, I feel very disappointed!: ...

發表於 08-10-21 13:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Bilobi 於 08-10-21 09:40 發表
I got an offer from WKF but have decided to withdraw. I had quite a positive impression of this school at the beginning but after I went through the whole admission process, I feel very disappointed!: ...

I totally agree with u feeling and I feel the arrangment for interview is very very very bad.It wast parents time and give a great stress to parents.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 08-10-21 14:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-21 13:22 發表

I totally agree with u feeling and I feel the arrangment for interview is very very very bad.It wast parents time and give a great stress to parents.

Totally agreed.  It is unreasonable to ask parents and kids to attend third interview and then tell them their kids are not accepted.  If they found the kids suitable for their school, one interview should be enough.  They can put the marginal cases on the waiting list.  

Besides, the reason why parents are given only short notice is because in past years, many parents have finally decided to turn down the offer, especially when they kids were admitted to other DSS.  This is the main reason why this school starts their admission process in advance than other schools.

發表於 08-10-21 14:23 |顯示全部帖子
school fee should be HK$30000/year
it's a DSS, if you accept, you should abandone the Gov't central allocation.
busy mom