密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保羅書院小學 2nd Interview
查看: 5655|回覆: 21
go

2nd Interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-16 18:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Just received the invitation letter for 2nd Interview. It cures some pain from the failure in Ying Wa.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-16 20:13 |只看該作者
Same to me! I also failed in Ying Wa. Now I have more confident on my son.    
Since this is the first year to have 2nd interview, don't know what we need to prepare...

3#
發表於 08-10-16 21:46 |只看該作者
Same to me! My son failed in Ying Wa 1st interview. Now I have more confidence in my son. Hope our sons can pass the 2nd interview too!

4#
發表於 08-10-17 08:40 |只看該作者
yes, by experience,

you kids have to show independence thinking and confidence in front of principal.

good luck

5#
發表於 08-10-20 11:40 |只看該作者
Well noted with thanks.

不過真係有小小緊張因是第一次一對一(小朋友同校長).  之前interview都係一group見老師/校長.

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 08-10-17 08:40 發表
yes, by experience,

you kids have to show independence thinking and confidence in front of principal.

good luck

6#
發表於 08-10-22 09:27 |只看該作者
Dear All,

有沒有 2nd interview 的 update?  Many thanks!

Yuhangmum

7#
發表於 08-11-14 14:16 |只看該作者
Just received the St Paul boys acceptance letter

8#
發表於 08-11-14 14:21 |只看該作者
No letter in my mail box.  it means my son has failed?

9#
發表於 08-11-14 14:39 |只看該作者
原帖由 eva007 於 08-11-14 14:21 發表

there will be a "on wait list" letter later on, still have chance, coz if you are in the 1st batch of the waiting list, your chance still high.

martse

[ 本帖最後由 martse 於 08-11-14 14:41 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 08-11-14 14:42 |只看該作者
Dear martse,

Have you received the accept letter?

11#
發表於 08-11-14 14:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 eva007 於 08-11-14 14:42 發表
Dear martse,

Have you received the accept letter?

My son is P1 now.  He has a classmate rcvd the acceptance phone call 1 wk before 1 Sep.

martse

[ 本帖最後由 martse 於 08-11-14 16:39 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-11-14 16:46 |只看該作者
It's must received the letter from St. Paul Boy's even is acceptance / waitinglist / rejected???  Why seldom updates from bk today?

So exciting.....

原帖由 martse 於 08-11-14 14:47 發表

My son is P1 now.  He has a classmate rcvd the acceptance phone call 1 wk before 1 Sep.

martse

13#
發表於 08-11-14 17:06 |只看該作者
Eva007,

Same case as yours! I just call to school and the lady say that all letter send out today and call again if you cannot receive on or before 20th Nov 08.
I would like to share some info from my friends:
1 - get acceptance letter
1 - get waiting list and there is a reply slip
2 - get rejected
Where do you live? I live in Kowloon side.  We still have hope.  Keep Faith in Jesus Christ.
原帖由 eva007 於 08-11-14 14:21 發表

14#
發表於 08-11-14 17:11 |只看該作者
stay calm and please do not to your son.

I yelled to my boy last night for dictation.  before bed I pray with him to forgive my temper. so regret

last year, when my wife and i rec'd the letter.  I jump up and down.  silly me

you will know once you pcik up the letter from your mail box.  The thickness can hint you

15#
發表於 08-11-14 17:30 |只看該作者
Dear all SPCPS's parents,
I just received the accpetance letter today. In fact, SPCPS is on top of my list. So I'm very happy that my son is offered a place. However, RC also offers a place for my boy.
I want to know more about SPCPS before I make the decision.
While RC is an English primary school and SPCPS is a chinese one, does it mean that RC's English standard is better than SPCPS?
Besides, I read from the threads that SPCPS is quite demanding...
Does it mean that kids will find it very difficuly to cope with the progress in P.1?
According to the teachers observation, my boy can sit properly and concentrate in class. His dictation is considered quite good. Is SPCPS suitable for him? Of course, I know it's a bit silly to ask others who don't know my boy to give comments but I really want to know more about the school before I make the decision for my boy.

Andrewpapa,
I read from other threads and learnt that my son is in the same kindergarten as your boy. So your opinion is quite useful to me as our kids are from the same kindergarten.
Welcome all comments and thanks in advance!

16#
發表於 08-11-15 00:34 |只看該作者
While RC is an English primary school and SPCPS is a chinese one, does it mean that RC's English standard is better than SPCPS? - I don't know the English standard of RC.  But using Chinese (in the lower primary stage) as the main medium in teaching does not mean that a child's English would not up to standard in result.  In fact, SPCPS's English requirement is quite demanding.  While his P.1 cousin is still learning the use of "What", my boy has to learn the 5W1H at one time!  From his homeworks, I can see the school using a lot of methods to develop the students' literacy skills in English.

Moreover, if you have read the brochure, you will know that the use of English in teaching is gradually increased.

Just like Mrs Chan said, the whole P.1 is an adaption period.  You cannot expect your child to have "A" in all subjects.  

17#
發表於 08-11-15 01:31 |只看該作者
Dear HuiTung,
Many thanks for your comments!
In fact, one thing for sure is I can feel that all parents of SPCPS do love the school and share the vision of the school. I think it's really encouraging for me to see there are so many good SPCPS parents who are devoted! Though I still have not made up my mind, I really appreciate it very much!

原帖由 HuiTung 於 08-11-15 00:34 發表
While RC is an English primary school and SPCPS is a chinese one, does it mean that RC's English standard is better than SPCPS? - I don't know the English standard of RC.  But using Chinese (in the lo ...

18#
發表於 08-11-15 03:19 |只看該作者
hi chunchunmommy

let me share about my last year experience.  My son too got acceptance from SPCPS and RC.

hard fact:
1, I am an old boy for Paul boy;
2, we are Christian;
3, there are about 9 or 10 boys got into SPCPS in which 4 of them are from the same class of my son;
4, I like Mrs Chan as her speech in St Paul Church Kinder is very encouraging;
5, My wife and I are prepared for the demands from any school;
6, My son like St Paul Boys "may be my "influence"
7, RC is using PTH in P1 for all Chinese lesson. My son doesn't like it; (even his PTH is now improved alot). St Paul is gradually to use PTH.

soft fact
1, both school are good schools and have secondary school back up
2, we cannot just compare the schools' english standard by the means of teaching.  Be frank, I share with HuiTung that the English standard in SPCPs cannot be underestimated. The  most important element is how the parents can assist them.
3, there is no guarantee of success in both schools.  this is only an entry ticket.  Most importantly is how we fully utilize these coming 6 years.
4, As fas as I understand, St Paul's Church student can cope with SPCPS P1 quite well.
5, you need to prepare your boy for the rest of these few months in KG no matter which school you will choose.
6, No school is perfect. But I see most SPCPC parents are very supportive.  after my small BBQ party, and we are trying to make a whole class BBQ. It's fun.
7, try not to compare their secondary schools at this stage.

Ask you son?(He is matured enough to answer you which school he likes) Ask yourself?(your personally needs)

There is no shortcut.  And..... biaslly speaking......................

WELLCOME to ST PAUL"S COLLEGE PRIMARY SCHOOL

19#
發表於 08-11-15 05:47 |只看該作者
Andrewpapa,

Even though I didn't receive the letter yesterday, your evaluation is really important to all new St. Boys parents.
My son always ask me whether St. Paul Boys' accept him or not.  I ask him why he always ask me the same question.  He said he likes it very much as the teacher is very nice during his first interview and it is a Christian school wor.  
To be honest, the only thing I did concern that St. Paul is for boys only but the society has both boys and girls.  How to make a balance! Moreover, I has a little daughter followed.  There is no bonus for my daughter.

Congratulations to all new St. Paul Boys parents!

20#
發表於 08-11-15 10:12 |只看該作者
Hi Andrewpapa,
Many thanks for your detailed evaluation!
PTH is also my concern, too...
Before I receive the acceptance letter of St Paul, I decided to send my boy to the PTH class in order to prepare for P.1 at RC. My son's PTH is not good. I'm afraid he cannot follow what the teachers said if Chinese is taught in PTH.
As for English standard, I'm sure the English standard is good in St Paul since I have seen some of the papers/ worksheets of St Paul. It's not easy! But it seems to me that it focuses more on grammar than usage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Of course, you're right that it's only an entry ticket and no gurantee of success. Even my boy is in the best school, unless he works hard, he may not succeed in the future.
Funny enough, my son's school bus driver called me last night. He asked me which primary school my son will go to next year. I told him both RC and St Paul accept him. Even though he also provides service to RC students, he immediately said go to register St Paul la...As a school bus driver, he may know the quality of the students of diffferent schools by many years of observation? Is it a clue for me, too?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題