密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 女拔面試, 2分30秒, 多謝$40/分鐘
樓主: mycarrie
go

女拔面試, 2分30秒, 多謝$40/分鐘 [複製鏈接]

221#
發表於 08-10-18 00:56 |只看該作者
以你講個女考CCKG個CASE, 咁係唔係話CCKG同DGJS一樣, 收學生唔係睇面試, 只要係佢嘅心水(eg. target background, parents' job, dgjs or cckg old girls, etc.), 無論IN成點都收呢??  咁wisekid講嗰D又幾對喎!
原帖由 amanda030209 於 08-10-18 00:16 發表
As my own experience in interviewing in CCKG last two years(when y daughter is 3 years old,her presentation skills was also very low),the duration of the interview is just about 5 to 10 minutes for my ...

222#
發表於 08-10-18 01:52 |只看該作者
I can tell you the "observation" session in a group setting is also for "SHOW" in most school interviews.

But I guess it makes parents like you "feel better".

NOBODY is marking ANYBODY in a group... unless your child is crying or not willing to participate, otherwise, the teachers don't know who is who. Trust me, a teacher told me so.

It's just so parents like you feel your child REALLY got a fair "interview."

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-17 16:00 發表
Of course all "face to face interview" of the kid (i.e. asking questions what you referred) will only last for a few minutes.  

However, a real assessment will include a lot of other things rather th ...

223#
發表於 08-10-18 11:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 08-10-18 01:52 發表
I can tell you the "observation" session in a group setting is also for "SHOW" in most school interviews.

But I guess it makes parents like you "feel better".

NOBODY is marking ANYBODY in a group.. ...

To quote another parent here:-

"you are wonderful, 好文釆, 正呀, 舉腳讚成, 大快人心

"

224#
發表於 08-10-18 15:30 |只看該作者

原帖由 囝囝爸 於 08-10-17 13:37 發表

校長可能見到家長們咁大反應, 順應民情, 要加時作賽.  如是者, 校長和工作人員實屬慘情, 虛耗時間更多.  把百多小時近一個月的面試時間用在真正教育改進方面更能得益.

問題不是一分鐘或一百分鐘, 是教育變質, 令大家無謂付出更多, 任何方面壓力更大, 更苦了孩子, 未真正入學已受吹谷.

[ 本帖最後由 囝囝爸 於 08-10-17 13:42 編輯 ]

[ 本帖最後由 Yau_Cheung 於 08-10-18 15:31 編輯 ]

225#
發表於 08-10-18 18:00 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

226#
發表於 08-10-18 18:02 |只看該作者

227#
發表於 08-10-18 18:20 |只看該作者

228#
發表於 08-10-18 18:28 |只看該作者

229#
發表於 08-10-18 18:30 |只看該作者

230#
發表於 08-10-18 18:35 |只看該作者
I am just a 'passer-by", but I read all the 'discussions' with interest. I don't have any girl, so I hadn't applied to DGJS at all.

For what it's worth, I think for every 'famous' school, there will be a number of places 'reserved' for those who are either -

- connected;or
- well off / professional;or
- know the school board / principal; or
- have contribution to the school; or
- famous; or
- all of the above.

So unless their children perform badly at interviews, they will almost certainly be accepted.

Then there will be some places left for those who are really bright & smart and who get admitted by their own merit.  And for experienced principal, a 2-3 mins' interview is enough for them to make an impression on the principal.  

Hence every year nearing this P1 application time, there will be endless debate or discussions about this and invariably, there will be some who knows "so and so" whose child was admitted eventhough he/she was dumb but well off/connected,  and there would be others who know "so and so" who was from ordinary/ humble family and got in purely by own merit.

So it just depends on which 'group' you have come across......I have come across both, so I know both are true.....

No offence, just my humble view....

Chatterbox

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-18 18:00 發表
It is so ridiculous that at this stage, you still said that it was just 偏面之詞!!!

Do you still think that DGJS offers only 2-3 mins interviews to most of the applicants is just 偏面之詞?

Or do you ...

231#
發表於 08-10-18 23:14 |只看該作者
HOW am I not being logical ??

"In fact, I can quote a number of examples if you wish."

OK, PLEASE do...I would be VERY interested which school's interview format you have experienced that you think it TOTALLY fair and square.

I went to TWO interviews today with our daughter. And honestly, these interviews took over 1.5 hours. My daughter came out of one of them and said, Mommy, I have NO idea what we were doing in there, just draw anything I want, and then we watched a cartoon, and then they asked me questions in Putonghua (when I specifically requested the interview in English)... guess the school still wants to try to see whether my daughter knows ANY putonghua.

Not ONCE was my daughter interviewed one on one. WORSE of all, it's a very well known hard to get in school... the principal of the school never even showed her face ONCE. Got all these teachers to break us into small groups, and just let us ASK questions. Ridiculous.

The other school was  much better, 1.5 hours, my daughter came out telling me she was doing activities in groups, a teacher talks to her while she is doing the workbook, and folding papers... then one by one had interview questions in English and Cantonese.... 1.5 hours. And she said she watched a cartoon as well. But no questions asked about the cartoon.

I am curious... so you don't have a girl applying to DGJS  ... so why in the world are you attacking Mrs Dai and DGJS ?! ??

I recommend that you save your time, and energy on something that is relevant to you.

If you didn't try the interview in person, I don't think you have ANY rights or judgement to say anything negative about the interview.

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-18 18:28 發表
Please think carefully and logically before rebutting my postings

Even though ***the "observation" session in a group setting is also for "SHOW" in most school interviews. *** is true as you s ...

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 08-10-18 23:19 編輯 ]

232#
發表於 08-10-19 00:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-18 18:30 發表
Just another BK parent without any logical sense!!! So poor!!!  See my previous posting to learn what is a logical argument!!!

wahhhhh so logical.  

if you think that so many interview styles are unfair then why, apparently, are you so venomous towards one school only?  [don't tell me it is because this is a pre-existing thread and you happened to be contributing here).

is there an agenda somewhere?

233#
發表於 08-10-19 00:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-18 18:30 發表
Just another BK parent without any logical sense!!! So poor!!!  See my previous posting to learn what is a logical argument!!!

好心你啦, 你明唔明咩叫"男人老狗"

你係唔係另一"陳xx",唔使做數銀紙.

234#
發表於 08-10-19 09:04 |只看該作者

235#
發表於 08-10-19 09:11 |只看該作者

236#
發表於 08-10-19 09:14 |只看該作者

237#
發表於 08-10-19 10:23 |只看該作者

238#
發表於 08-10-19 10:50 |只看該作者
其實我就覺得2-3分鐘就真係未必可以睇清一個小朋友,講真你去做一個資優的Test都唔會兩三分鐘就可以知你係米資優(幫你做Test個D人夠有經驗,佢地都唔可以睇個小朋友個樣問幾題問題就決定)有D小朋友係慢熱,有D小朋友自閉但好聰明......
不過校長既然定得一個rules出黎我地唯有跟住做,因為現在係學校選小朋友,校長選小朋友可能就係想用兩三分鐘時間去睇小朋友適唔適學校,如果兩三分鐘內小朋友表現到自己咁佢就適合佢地要求 ,如果唔係就sorry, bye bye,就係咁簡單 ,我地唯有無奈接受,所以無話公唔公平,佢認為你適合你就可以入,如果小朋友到時讀唔到就會自然流失,反正大把人爭全入,大家放鬆D去睇這件事,反正全香港又唔係得佢一間好學校,小朋友入唔到又唔代表小朋友讀書唔好,入到米當中六合彩

[ 本帖最後由 BBR 於 08-10-19 11:16 編輯 ]

239#
發表於 08-10-19 11:41 |只看該作者
Wisekid2007,

First of all, you have a real attitude problem. You seem to think YOU are the only one who is logical, and everything YOU say is sensible and the rest of us are "stupid" and "illogical".

I can only say, I AM SO GLAD there are parents like you, if you are not being hypocritcal, (meaning you are not applying to DGJS).... because I don't think I can stand having to deal with parents like you for the next 6 years.

Secondly, I didn't follow all your posts, but I can tell you CIS and GSIS, I don't care what format the interview is, I can tell you 101% for sure, if you have the money, and donate enough, and a debenture that you managed to get your hands on, your child will have a chance to get in. Your child wouldn't have to even SAY a word, and would be accepted. I know cases of these from doctors, and lawyers. A doctor I know, bought a 6 million dollar debenture for CIS, wants his son to get in. Of course, after a meeting with the admissions and principal..... "pretend" interview JUST for his son... he is accepted.

So please DO NOT compare international schools to that of traditional local schools like DGJS. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Thirdly, the ultimate point has been made over and over again. The point is WE are applying to a school. The school is CHOOSING us. This is the RULE. You are NOT happy to play the rules of this game, DON'T PLAY THEN !!!!

It's like saying playing tennis, the lines are not WIDE enough for you, or long enough for you...you are like a child stomping on the floor throwing a tantrum saying "it's NOT FAIR, it's NOT FAIR !!! How can I hit the ball in that SMALL box !??!"

This is the RULE and format of the game, you don't like it, DON'T PLAY, but you have NO RIGHT to make such comments, judgement about a school and the principal. Absolutely NO RIGHT.

So, although this is public forum for anyone to voice out, Mrs. Dai unfortunately isn't here to defend her self, but if I was her, I wouldn't bother with illogical and unreasonable comments like yours anyways. I would ignore them.

So, yes , us parents who are trying to get our daughter into DGJS thank you, for staying away from this reputable school.

quote]原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-10-19 09:04 發表
**HOW am I not being logical ?? **

So poor that you still don't understand why I said you are not logical.

Even if you can quote that some other schools' interview arrangement or process are not goo ... [/quote]

240#
發表於 08-10-19 11:42 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題