1#
發表於 08-10-9 23:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
今天我們收到學校的取錄信。我同老公考慮讀唔讀。:;pppp:
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-10 07:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 允允手記 於 08-10-9 23:18 發表

你咁問都知自己想點掛, 好簡單, 你都咁 :;pppp: 囉, 就唔好讀囉.  唔駛搵人認同gei, 最重要係自己點睇.

女人是很脆弱, 但媽媽卻很堅強:)

3#
發表於 08-10-10 08:16 |只看該作者
You topic is too vague.  

值唔值得讀 is very much depended on (1) your expectation and (2) whether the school fit your kid.  

I think no one other than the parents themselves understand their aspiration and their kids as well most.

You did not state your view points.  It seems showing off rather than seeking specific advice and clarification.  :;pppp:

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 08-10-10 12:03 |只看該作者
你咁快收到取錄信...我地 lee d 咩信都未收過

原帖由 允允手記 於 08-10-9 23:18 發表

5#
發表於 08-10-10 13:38 |只看該作者
WKF 咁早知道同註冊, 咁如果有參加第一輪派位, 連結果都未出囉? 好難決擇喎!

6#
發表於 08-10-10 13:39 |只看該作者
I am a current parent of this school.
If you are looking for traditional education, this school is not for you.  Or if your family doesn't use English at home, perhaps not so good also.

If you are looking for a school which allows the kids to explore, learn from 'hands on' activities than drilling practice, this school is good.  If you kid is outspoken and active, then he/she will match the school.

This school only has exams for Chi, Eng and Math.  So students learn without much pressure.  They have IS and computing double lessons (45mins X 2), so they always have fun indeed.
However, you need to do some projects with him/her sometimes, not always.

原帖由 Oscar媽 於 08-10-10 12:03 發表

7#
發表於 08-10-10 14:06 |只看該作者
3lamma,
As WKF has 一條龍 secondary school which shall join the traditional competition for Universities in HK after 12 years study, if the school is 活動教學 as you mentioned, do u think the standard of their graduates are still competitive to the system?
Thanks!
Anthealin
busy mom

8#
發表於 08-10-10 15:08 |只看該作者
I like the school......The only thing I concern is $$$$ school fee.  As we have 2 kids, I really have to think carefully.  

I can foresee the economy will be very bad in the near future.  Still don't know how it will affect us (income, job security, etc.....)

9#
發表於 08-10-10 15:23 |只看該作者
尤其住得遠, 還要加埋校車費.......

原帖由 beetle 於 08-10-10 15:08 發表
I like the school......The only thing I concern is $$$$ school fee.  As we have 2 kids, I really have to think carefully.  

I can foresee the economy will be very bad in the near future.  Still don't ...

10#
發表於 08-10-10 19:38 |只看該作者
AntheaLin,

No figures are available now because the highest form is P.5.  HOwever, they still take the TSA in p.3 and 6.  This school does not use active approach in all lessons.  My son uses the local Chinese books and GS book, foreign English/science/computer books, Math & You (  i think it's the same as DBSPD).  They put a lot of time in building the language literacy in P.1 and therefore it seems like the kids are not as good as other school. However, unlike schools without secondary section,  kids don't have to do 'low quality drilling exercise' (do without thinking) to get a place in secondary school in p.5 or 6 here.  So sure the students will catch up in due time. I have confident in this school because the parents are all educated and supportive. My son learns no foul language from other kids and they are very friendly to me when I did voluntary service in the school last year.  This is what a subsidized /government school may not have.

People always criticize students in HK are weak in critical thinking, I believe this ability can be nurtured from childhood, with more initiative from the students.  My son told me that his teacher always open a discussion like 'what is the hotest news in HK this week' in LA lesson.  I think it's great to start a lesson like this.

My son might study abroad for higher education so I am not so worried. So I can't answer the question if they are competitive enough for local U.  However, the trend is that we will have more than enough university places for students in the future.  Look at the new secondary school curriculum, students only need to take 4 subjects to enter university for some majors.  So if you understand the education trend well, you know the kids now are not the kids we were in the past.  They don't need to have 7 exam papers (including 中英數社科經健)like I did in primary schools.

I want my kids to have good hearts, with initiative and self-motivation, work hard because he want to do well;  rather than he's scared that his rank will drop in the exam or scared that parents will hit him if he does not do well.
That's my sharing.

3lamma

原帖由 AntheaLin 於 08-10-10 14:06 發表
3lamma,
As WKF has 一條龍 secondary school which shall join the traditional competition for Universities in HK after 12 years study, if the school is 活動教學 as you mentioned, do u think the standard ...

[ 本帖最後由 3lamma 於 08-10-10 21:34 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 08-10-10 20:13 |只看該作者
3lamma

It's very kind of you to share with us, I agreed that "drilling exercises" is not good for our future masters, they should have critical thinking for the unforseen challenges, good lauguage foundation is very important. Your objective sharing really comforts me a lot, I guess I'd chosen the right school for my daughter.
Thanks!

Anthealin
busy mom

12#
發表於 08-10-10 23:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Oscar媽 於 08-10-10 12:03 發表

Haha, no worries, some student might be give up the  offer,  the chance is coming!

13#
發表於 08-10-10 23:34 |只看該作者
3lamma

I want to know more of WKF, please share with me.

Some parents shared about the poor discipline, can you share your feeling of disciplinary in the classroom?

Does the school use foreign publisher books in Eng/Science and Computer? Is that mean the curriculum of these subjests are more difficult (compare with local books)esp. inEng?

Which subjects learn in English? Is it only Chinese lesson learn in mandarin?

Thanks!

14#
發表於 08-10-11 12:51 |只看該作者
I've never sat in their classroom...the school offered a chance of watching the video in one of the lesson selected by youself last year.  I think it's OK.  If I have put my son in this school, of course I don't think the discipline is poor.  I don't think it's measurable at all because all of us use different standard.  It is not a quiet classroom because most kids want to answer the questions from the teacher. E.g. Students can run in certain areas of the playground and they know the rules where most schools wouldn't let anybody run in the playground because the schools don't want to take the responsibility of anyone getting injured.  Although there's no written down school rules, the kids know there are classroom rules to follow.

All subjects are taught in English except Chinese, LA and Other Learning Experience (interest classes).  English is also used in Arts and PE.  Of course the use of English is not as much as in international schools.  All English teachers are NET and I think there are about 7 of them comparing to about 1-2 in subsidize/government schools.English is taught in small groups of 20 according to kid's ability (reading/oral/listening).  Each week, Math and Chinese are also split into small groups once, in the double lesson of each week.  This school is not perfect but it is improving really.

I have read a book called '乖的孩子傷最痛'by李雅鯽.  I cried a few times and I agree with her that if you still have the mind of '乖孩子', you are in some ways 扼殺孩子 creativity and made them follow and listen to what adults say. What is 'good' or 'bad' is a term that will change in different time, countries and social settings.  

A-school makes it clear that both school and parents are responsible of bring up the kids together.  雙劍合壁啊!

It is good to hear that parents would like to know the school in depth because they put their kids in this school.  this also shows the quality of parents.  I have noticed that all schools have negative comments from some parents even the top schools in HK.  However, it is also not difficult to spot that these parents' expectations don't match the school's vision and then both of them are not happy with each other, like the relationship with 'daughter-in-law and mother-in-law'!

Keep on sharing.

3lamma

原帖由 salut 於 08-10-10 23:34 發表
3lamma

I want to know more of WKF, please share with me.

Some parents shared about the poor discipline, can you share your feeling of disciplinary in the classroom?

Does the school use foreign pub ...

[ 本帖最後由 3lamma 於 08-10-11 12:52 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 08-10-12 00:28 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 3lamma 於 08-10-11 12:51 發表
I've never sat in their classroom...the school offered a chance of watching the video in one of the lesson selected by youself last year.  I think it's OK.  If I have put my son in this school, of cou ...

Thank you so much. May I know which grade is your son?

16#
發表於 08-10-12 01:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-10 08:16 發表
You topic is too vague.  

值唔值得讀 is very much depended on (1) your expectation and (2) whether the school fit your kid.  

I think no one other than the parents themselves understand their aspira ...

This topic seems not vague indeed, That is ashow off topic to some parents who still not yet received the 2nd round interview.

Meanwhile, this school really have many many supporter. So, the "second batch", 2nd round interview, I think after coming Wed., once all the offer has been accepted for the first batch applicant and count the remain seat it should be  proceed immediately...

May be after release the result of the discretionary place  for the Government /Aided school, "third batch" might be also available!

All parents, the chance seems "Alive". Go for it!

[ 本帖最後由 Santa_Maria 於 08-10-12 01:38 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 08-10-12 09:53 |只看該作者
My son is in G2.  Yeah, don't give up.  I think the school will call other applicants by the end of Oct, then by the end of January (when we are asked to pay the deposit), and in June (while parents confirm which school for their kid).

Good luck to all kids.

3lamma

原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 08-10-12 01:31 發表

This topic seems not vague indeed, That is ashow off topic to some parents who still not yet received the 2nd round interview.

Meanwhile, this school really have many many supporter. So, t ...

18#
發表於 08-10-12 18:25 |只看該作者
Please note that some of the applicants who took 2nd interview still haven't received the acceptance letters.

原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 08-10-12 01:31 發表

Meanwhile, this school really have many many supporter. So, t ...

19#
發表於 08-10-12 19:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 beetle 於 08-10-12 18:25 發表
Please note that some of the applicants who took 2nd interview still haven't received the acceptance letters.

Really? the coming Wed. is the deadline for accept the offer. if still without offer letter, may be fall to the waiting list. Therefore, just guess..those still without 2nd interview notification applicants might be have a great chance to consider "unsuccessful" .

But anyway, still have 3 weeks, all parents who still want to entre this school, I think still have chance.

[ 本帖最後由 Santa_Maria 於 08-10-12 21:56 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 08-10-12 20:21 |只看該作者
Hi,

Does the school have a web page?

Can WKF parent help to post a link?

Ths!

I have found the link la, anyway thank you for the info about the school.

http://www.hkbuas.edu.hk/Main/indexE.html

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 08-10-12 20:31 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題