用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 崇真小學暨幼稚園(小學部) An offer letter from International Section
發新帖
查看: 1287|回覆: 5
go

An offer letter from International Section

Rank: 3Rank: 3


112
發表於 08-10-8 19:55 |顯示全部帖子
I received an offer letter from Tsung Tsin Primary International Section, I need to resigter on 21 Oct, 2008.

Any parents can give me comment & experience? By the way, i will go to resigter first. Then maybe wait other schools offer. Then make a final discussion!

Thanks god.

Rank: 4


682
發表於 08-10-8 21:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 luibee76 於 08-10-8 19:55 發表
I received an offer letter from Tsung Tsin Primary International Section, I need to resigter on 21 Oct, 2008.

Any parents can give me comment & experience? By the way, i will go to resigter first. T ...

Hello, My daughter also accepted yd TT (international stream)

Rank: 5Rank: 5


1937
發表於 08-10-8 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry can U explain what is the difference between international stream & primary school section? as I want to apply now.  Tks a lot for your help!

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-8 21:16 發表

Hello, My daughter also accepted yd TT (international stream)

Rank: 4


682
發表於 08-10-8 23:20 |顯示全部帖子
Any comment SMC vs TT(international stream)

Rank: 4


829
發表於 08-10-9 00:24 |顯示全部帖子
me too

Rank: 2


87
發表於 08-10-17 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
As the principle advised today, the international stream students are expected to use 60% of their time in the school to study ALL Main Stream materials and the rest of the 40% is used to study international curriculum material and Japanese or French.  The other difference is that all Int'l stream teachers are native English speakers (except Chinese and PE teachers).  The Int'l stream teachers are more flexible and proactive.  On the other hand, int'l stream students are still a bit weaker in Chinese and Maths and needs extra tuition (even after the extra long school hours!).  The principle warned that unless your kid is physially very strong (to survive the extra long school hours) and very smart, your kid should not study international stream.

Although I very much appreciate the Christian element of their education, I don't think I'll send my son to study there (at least absolutely no no to international stream) even though he will be accepted.  I can imagine I'll have to either hire a personal tutor or quit my job (I'm usually home at around 8 pm) to help him finish homework and revise even after his long day in the school.  What a torture!  He's just a little boy!

On the other hand, if you are a parent who loves intensive education and are confident that your child can make it, TT is a very good school.  They have lots of different programs to encourge students to study and learn many things (just too many to me) and it's a very religious school.