教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 IBDP A1 中文卷的疑問
發新帖
查看: 7709|回覆: 18
go

IBDP A1 中文卷的疑問 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-8 11:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear CKY parents,

從最近劉校長有關考IBDP的presentation來說 (http://www.cky.edu.hk/page_what_new/icon/Parents_Evening.pps), 語文A1科應該是考中文instead of 考A1程度的English, 但CKY的中英比例從初小的50:50, 會慢慢側重英文至20:80甚至更大的地步.  在IBDP A1程度的中文而言, 這又是否足夠呢?  還是IBDP A1的中文是很淺的呢?!  

想當年自己中文科會考都不是好好, 上到A level 因讀理科關係就不用考中文, 倒覺得無問題.  但若IBDP A1程度的中文跟當年A level中文的艱深程度不相伯仲的話, 我真的有點擔心.

其實有沒有CKY家長跟我有同樣想法? 另, 哪裡可看到IBDP A1程度的中文試題呢?  CKY可否讓學生考A1程度的英文卷呢?  學生能力又是否應付得來?

國際學校的學生(local那些)會考中文的A1還是A2?  英文又考A1還是A2?

對不起, 提出了很多問題, 希望大家給點意見或參與討論, 交換心得, 謝謝!!!

cornelius
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-14 20:11 |只看該作者
Any parents out there sharing the same concern as I do?  Although I am not yet a CKY parent, I also consider it a potential dream school for my kid.

Hope to listen to your views please.  Thank you very much!

原帖由 cornelius 於 08-10-8 11:40 發表
Dear CKY parents,

從最近劉校長有關考IBDP的presentation來說 (http://www.cky.edu.hk/page_what_new/icon/Parents_Evening.pps), 語文A1科應該是考中文instead of 考A1程度的English, 但CKY的中英比例從初小的50: ...

3#
發表於 08-11-26 21:57 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

you must go to visit VSA when they have open day, they show some IBDP exam samples, if the lee po chun college  in ma on shan has open day  go and visit it.

talk to IB coordinators, they can tell you a lot.

4#
發表於 09-4-2 14:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 mattsmum 於 08-11-26 21:57 發表
you must go to visit VSA when they have open day, they show some IBDP exam samples, if the lee po chun college  in ma on shan has open day  go and visit it.

talk to IB coordinators, they can tell you ...

I must admit that I missed the chance to attend the Open Day of VSA.

5#
發表於 09-4-2 14:07 |只看該作者
For IS with IB curriculum at DP level, I believe (though I have not clarified with IS parents or school management) that their A1 language exam should be in the mother tongue language (i.e. mostly in English), while A2 could be Chinese or French, etc.

Any CKY parents out there can help with my original queries?

6#
發表於 09-4-2 16:35 |只看該作者
Hi Cornelius, You are really into the details - that even a current parent like me doesn't have a clue.
According to the presentation slides that evening, it's likely CKY students will go for Chinese A1 and English A2 (or else).  I'm worried as some of the students are not as capable in Chinese as in English (and vice versa for others). Wouldn't it be possible that the student can make a 'free' choice on it?

As it's still a few years away before the principals would make up their minds, they should have a better idea (esp after the ICGSE) of the way forward for the students by then.  In my opinion, it's unlikely that CKY students can take the easy way out by taking Language B for either English or Chinese.  They are still aiming for a bilingual diploma.

As for a typical international school taking IBDP, it's not likely their students would opt for Chinese A2 (A1 is out of the question) given their emphasis on English.

7#
發表於 09-4-2 19:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 papa_pop 於 09-4-2 16:35 發表
As for a typical international school taking IBDP, it's not likely their students would opt for Chinese A2 (A1 is out of the question) given their emphasis on English.

For IS students taking IBD, they take English A1 for sure; in Chinese subject, some of them take Chinese A2 and the rest take Chinese B.

8#
發表於 09-4-4 02:18 |只看該作者
So much tks to papa_pop and WYmom for your thought and information.
Let's wait and see then.

9#
發表於 10-9-18 14:10 |只看該作者
A silly question, A1/A2 should be decided by the kid or the parents? Why the principal or the school?

10#
發表於 10-9-22 18:44 |只看該作者
CKY的中英比例,初小已經是30:70 (以上課時間計),但因學生主要都是以中文為母語,所 以語文A1科考中文是理所當然的事。但相信到時或會有變,因為部份英文程度較好的第7級同學被挑選準備報考 igcse 的 English (first language),並有課後補課,被選的同學亦可只選擇報考English (Second language)。由此可見學校因材施教,到考ib時,或會"重施故技"。
至於是校長揀,家長揀還是學生揀,我想應該是"你揀她,她揀你"的問題。就像dbs選擇誰可報讀ib,被選的學生又可選擇讀ib還是nss.

11#
發表於 10-9-22 21:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 penguin_chick 於 10-9-22 18:44 發表
CKY的中英比例,初小已經是30:70 (以上課時間計),但因學生主要都是以中文為母語,所 以語文A1科考中文是理所當然的事。但相信到時或會有變,因為部份英文程度較好的第7級同學被挑選準備報考 igcse 的 English (first langu ...

Tks for the information, as I nearly forget aboutthis thread I raised two years ago.

Happy Moon Festival!

12#
發表於 10-9-26 19:34 |只看該作者
我倒是幾擔心老師的質素,聽講CKY教IB 中文的老師好似不夠勁,現在帶IGCSE都沒有什麼經驗。不過聽孩子講去年來那批大陸老師有的都幾強,可惜今年就不教他們了,不知道為何學校不要他們教?總感覺大陸老師中文方面更保障一些。我在想要不要孩子考過IGCSE以後就轉校。去李寶春或者維多利亞,他們經驗多D。我以前聽孩子說現在IGCSE的中文老師是本地Band 3過檔到CKY的,不知真假?這樣還不如讓大陸老師教好一些。我看孩子這些天回來一直說上課很悶,我都很擔心,cky就中文有優勢,現在都要好好想想。

[ 本帖最後由 info321 於 10-9-26 19:36 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 10-9-26 23:39 |只看該作者
On the contrary, I found those not coming from the mainland are even better.

原帖由 info321 於 10-9-26 19:34 發表
我倒是幾擔心老師的質素,聽講CKY教IB 中文的老師好似不夠勁,現在帶IGCSE都沒有什麼經驗。不過聽孩子講去年來那批大陸老師有的都幾強,可惜今年就不教他們了,不知道為何學校不要他們教?總感覺大陸老師中文方面更保障一些。 ...

14#
發表於 10-9-27 02:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 info321 於 10-9-26 19:34 發表
我倒是幾擔心老師的質素,聽講CKY教IB 中文的老師好似不夠勁,現在帶IGCSE都沒有什麼經驗。不過聽孩子講去年來那批大陸老師有的都幾強,可惜今年就不教他們了,不知道為何學校不要他們教?總感覺大陸老師中文方面更保障一些。 ...

Could you pls share which year your kid is in?  Why do they (your kid and the classmates) find the Chinese lessons boring?  What are the major differences between the ex-teacher(s) and the current teacher (e.g. classroom performance, Putonghua accent, passion of teaching, etc)?  Any more sharing pls?

15#
發表於 10-9-27 11:14 |只看該作者
I always think the Chinese teachers' Chinese standard in general is better than local teachers is not a surprise, also happen in other schools like LPCUWC.

Some IB schools, they recruit some IB Language teachers before the IBDP program start and they need to do the preparation work for IBDP, at the same time they also teach non-IBDP students. Once IBDP program start, they will shift back to IBDP program. This may be the case in CKY.

I talked to one of the IBDP language teacher in HK, he shared with me that teach in non-IBDP, he can know more about the level of his potential students and use some IB type methodology in NSS, it's fun and the feedback also positive from students. He also told me that it only last for 1~2 years, now, he just focuses on IBDP, no more NSS.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 10-9-27 11:19 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 10-9-27 22:53 |只看該作者

回覆 12# info321 的文章

I want to share my experience of teachers from Mainland though I am not a parent of CKY.

My son is P.3 and he have been taught by different Chinese teachers in these 3 years, all from Mainland.

I agree that their Chinese language is very good, above those of the local teachers.  However, in the lower primary years, I think teaching skills are more important than language skills.  In P.1, my son could hardly catch up because his teacher is very young and does not have much patience.  In P.2, my son was more lucky.  This time he met a good teacher who teaches like a mother, i.e. very patience and look after every single detail, so my son gained confidence and learns more effectively.  This year I still don't know.

What I want to say is that the teacher's skill and way of teaching is more important especially in primary years.  Of course the school should select good materials for them and implement good system.  

But for MYP or DP, I think the teacher's knowledge will become more important, and I will prefer teachers from the Mainland then.

[ 本帖最後由 cherubic 於 10-9-27 22:55 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 10-10-3 12:06 |只看該作者

回覆 14# mattsmum 的文章

it is not easy to find chinese A1 pass paper,

however, thanks to the internet, I found out more about IB, its grade are belt curved, ( that is why I think: I will not want to rely on chinese as group 1 because I will be competing with those from china.)

sample of IB chinese in china, I don't think hk students can normally handle it:

高二年级试题
卷一:
参考作品:
《李白诗选》 《杜甫诗选》 《白居易诗选》
从下列命题中任选一题,以上述作品中的两部为论述的基础,写一篇不少于1600字的评论文章。

命题:
1. 试举例分析古典诗歌所体现的时代特色。
2. 所学诗歌中反映了哪些不同的人生理想?举例说明。
3. 古典诗人在反映现实生活方面所表现的艺术手法有何不同?
4. 古典诗歌是如何描写人与自然的关系的?
5. 试举例分析诗人在其作品中所表达的政治理想。
6. 就艺术风格比较两位诗人。
7. 诗人是如何把社会现实与个人生活相结合的?举例说明。
8. 诗人在揭露社会阴暗面时采用的艺术表达的方式有何不同?作比较说明。

卷二:
阅读下列白居易的诗,择其一首加以评论,要求不少于1200字。

其一 轻肥
意气骄满路,鞍马光照尘。皆问何为者?人称是内臣。朱钹皆大夫,紫绶悉将军。夸赴军中宴,走马去如云,樽镭溢九酿,水陆路八珍。果擘洞庭橘,脍切天池鳞。食饱心自若,酒酣气益振。是岁江南旱。衢州人食人。

其二 赋得古原草送别
离离原上草,一随一枯荣。野火烧不尽,春风吹又生。远芳侵古道,晴翠接荒城。又送王孙去,萋萋满别情。

good web sites for those prepare to go for IB:
http://www.ibsurvival.com/
http://intensecogitation.info/20 ... b-grade-boundaries/
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=10

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 10-10-3 12:09 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 10-10-3 20:49 |只看該作者
謝謝你的分享,看後我越加擔心,我聽孩子講,新中文老師用一個星期的時間講功課要求,開學一個月都沒學到東西,都是以前7年級的那些,好似沒什麼料,所以今年聽課我打算去聽聽,如果不行我會找校長傾。其實現在這個老師以前教我個仔中史,都覺得不錯,但是現在我真的沒信心,好似今年IGCSE考試這批學生都是他教的,不知會點樣,真是擔心。
原帖由 mattsmum 於 10-10-3 12:06 發表
it is not easy to find chinese A1 pass paper,

however, thanks to the internet, I found out more about IB, its grade are belt curved, ( that is why I think: I will not want to rely on chinese as group ...

19#
發表於 10-10-3 22:18 |只看該作者

回覆 1# info321 的文章

sorry if I make you worry, igcse's chinese are easier- check out the CIE website for free past paper:
http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/igcse/subject?assdef_id=842

children might find IB chinese  not that difficult because  they were trained the igcse way -- that igcse's language papers, chinese or english, have quite a lot of " discussion" and "literature" content, children might find it easier than us after having igcse course in languages.( we were trained the old way- not much on literature, especially the science students)

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 10-10-3 22:24 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題