go

啟思中學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-18 14:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
有否家長認識此校, 請給些意見??
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-19 12:03 |只看該作者
My son is studying F.3 this year.    The school is new and you can expect the staff turnover rate is high.  The students are good and polite.  As they are using English in all aspect of teaching and communiation ( including notices to parent), I found my son's English improved a lot, especially listening.  Also, since there are not many students in the school in the first few years, my son got more chance to participate in different kind of activities, like the school team.  I think he got very balanced school life.  What else do you want to know?

[ 本帖最後由 cwy07 於 08-9-19 12:04 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-9-20 15:24 |只看該作者
謝謝你的回覆o   他們的課堂是否全英
授教呢? (除了中文科)  

小兒的小學比較活動, 那麼他們的課程容易  pick up 到嗎?  他們的功課量多嗎?
如果入讀F.1後的英文跟不上, 會否有些什麼
course幫他們適應呢??  

再一次衷心感謝你的回覆, 因為好像不是太
多人認識此校o

4#
發表於 08-10-7 15:44 |只看該作者
Home work :
   It depends on your child
   - if he works seriously, he has to do a lot of research before he can finish his homework;
   - if he is rather casual, he can just do the minimum

Traditional teaching / Invitational learning:

CSS implements invitational learning, that is, encouraging our children to learn and develop their talents (as a result, some improves a lot and some slowly - it depends on the child's characters and depends on their teachers who indeed have great significant influence)

English Standard:

The principal ensures that the English standard of his student meets the minimum during admission interview.  Nevertheless, the average standard seems not very good but should be reasonably good enough on average.  CSS does not run remedial English / Chinese courses, but individual language teachers would help during recess time or after school.  The school should be approached if a child faces difficulties.

Teaching Team:
    The teaching team this year seems very good.  Hopefully, CSS will be able to keep this on.  

原帖由 hilarywdv 於 08-9-20 15:24 發表
謝謝你的回覆o   他們的課堂是否全英
授教呢? (除了中文科)  

小兒的小學比較活動, 那麼他們的課程容易  pick up 到嗎?  他們的功課量多嗎?
如果入讀F.1後的英文跟不上, 會否有些什麼
course幫他們適應呢??  

再一 ...

5#
發表於 08-10-8 22:12 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing.  Would you
recommed this school to other parents?

6#
發表於 08-10-9 00:58 |只看該作者
It very much depends on the character and ability of your child, and whether you as a parent is able to guide him/her.

For exceptionally good children, they will excel whether they go to a traditional elite school or CSS.  I personally believe that CSS is better than a traditional Band 2 school as CSS aims at developing personal character and leadership;

For children of average ability, I think CSS can help them develop in a happy way (but surely there will be hard time too if your child really wants to improve/develop a great lot -- no pain, no gain!);

For children of less ability (but still good enough to go to CSS), I think traditional schools will not be good for them.  They have to work hard in a traditional school, but still they may not be able to get good marks.  In CSS, he/she may not be able to get good marks as well, but I think he/she will have a happier school life.

Generally speaking, I have confidence in CSS if it is able to maintain stability of the teaching team, which I consider a very desirable team.  You may refer to the school website for more information.

All above is only my personal feeling and opinion.  Hope this will help.

原帖由 hilarywdv 於 08-10-8 22:12 發表
Thanks for your sharing.  Would you
recommed this school to other parents?

[ 本帖最後由 onepa 於 08-10-9 22:15 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 08-10-9 20:58 |只看該作者
I really thanks for your help.   And I saw the school website.  It gave a clear explanation and tell us all the details we want.  I will be try to apply
this school for this year.

8#
發表於 08-10-12 20:18 |只看該作者
聽了一次簡介會, 對 CSS 課程有初步認識.
CSS Form 1 至 Form 4 實行 IB Middle Years Programme (MYP),
在 Form 4 完結, 可以考取 MYP Certificate,
據校長講, 此 MYP Cert. qualification 等同於英國的 IGCSE, 可以此成績報讀英國學校讀預科, 這個可算是讀 MYP 的優點.

反而若果讀本地中學課程, 由於已沒有 HKCEE, 對於想到外國升讀大學預科銜接課程有一定困難, 因為沒有公開試成績供外國學校參考.

9#
發表於 08-10-13 23:19 |只看該作者
Balance,

吓! 介簡會唔係今個 Sat 嗎?

10#
發表於 08-10-14 09:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 hilarywdv 於 08-10-13 23:19 發表
介簡會唔係今個 Sat 嗎?

上星期六跟隨啟思小學的家長, 參加特別為啟小學生的升中簡介會, 校長透露往年啟小相對外校進入CSS的比例為 3:2
CSS 有多位 Form 1 &2 同學及老師與我們圍圈傾談,對同學們的印象很不錯,有禮貌,,說話清淅及有信心。他們看來很喜歡在CSS學習。
CSS Teaching Team有超過半數為 native english speakers,校長介紹時更說他今年團隊裡請到兩位外地校長作為 Curriculum Director 及 IB Dip Coordinator。
CSS 為現時唯一的直資中學有開辦IB MYP 課程, 而又能於 Form 4時,給同學選擇以 new local curriculum 或 IB DP curriculum升讀高中,所以幾 flexible。

11#
發表於 08-10-14 11:46 |只看該作者
Balance

是否讀寫聽講能力很好才收生??  我既小朋友講就嘛嘛地, 但聽會比較好D, 所以我跟他說如果你轉 channel唔夠快, 就用普通話回答啦!   Inerview會有些什麼?  學生是否在校內吃午飯呢?   

12#
發表於 08-10-14 16:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 hilarywdv 於 08-10-14 11:46 發表

是否讀寫聽講能力很好才收生??  我既小朋友講就嘛嘛地, 但聽會比較好D, 所以我跟他說如果你轉 channel唔夠快, 就用普通話回答啦!   Inerview會有些什麼?  學生是否在校內吃午飯呢?     ...

校長說,對申請入學的同學有英文要求,就算有學位剩亦不會收未能達標的學生,不過他沒有說明怎樣才算達標,而他說上年收到約 350個申請。當日所見,其中有一兩位啟中學生是外國回流,他們的first language 是 english,而老師和他們是以英語交談的。當然,相信不會每個啟中學生英語水平都很高,不過由於CSS很多時是外國人英語授課,例如教數學的就不是本地老師,同學入學後要 catch-up英語了。

我亦不知 interview 問什麼。吃午飯的問題,或者可以在簡介會問吧。

13#
發表於 08-10-14 18:27 |只看該作者
想不到那麼快已放上CSS website -

http://www.css.edu.hk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=75

14#
發表於 08-10-20 21:39 |只看該作者
問了一位啟中家長, 他說啟中實行小班教學,
每班 20人左右, 加上很多 native english speakers (超過半數) 的老師, 他說孩子的英語大有進步.
學費相較官津中學好似貴了很多, 不過物有所值.
比較其他實行 IB 的中學, 例如 ISF, VSA, CKY 及一般國際學校, 學費算便宜得多了.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題