搜索
教育王國 討論區 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 Which Kindergarten is best for 王錦輝中小學
發新帖
查看: 4490|回覆: 12
go

Which Kindergarten is best for 王錦輝中小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-3 12:20 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any idea which kindergarten I should apply to to have a better chance of getting into this school?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-3 15:27 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Of course, the Hong Kong Baptist University Kindergarten la !

3#
發表於 08-9-4 10:51 |只看該作者
LuiBB,

You may be wrong.

The school just accepted less than 50 students from HKBUK for 2008-9.  There is very little advantage being a student of HKBU Kindergarten.  It was said that Ms Din does not buy the mission of HKBUK - theme based curriculum.

I would rather put the kid in St Catherine, Kent Ville, Kim Ming...  Reason - WKF school would accept students from all traditional kindergardens but students from HKBUK has little advantage going to famous primary school - none was accepted by DBS / DGS / Ying Wah / St Paul Co-edu and WKF school only takes 30% of HKBUK graduates.

4#
發表於 08-9-4 11:26 |只看該作者
As far as I know, A-school accepted more than 50 from HKBUK, however, some of them gave up to enrol A-school.

Also, there're few HKBUK student did entre famous school, like St. Paul & 港華。

5#
發表於 08-9-4 15:33 |只看該作者
My boy graduated from BU K, accepted by A school but dropped eventually.

A school accepted around 55 BUK students or < 40% of total K3 graduates or around 50% of BUK applicants.

One point (which I think is fair) to highlight is - students of BUK do not have absolute advantages to get into A-school but graduates of BU K is less competitive in competing for seats in traditional prestige schools.

Did not heard of anyone admitted by St Paul Co-Edu (St Paul Boy's is a different one).  HK Wah Yan is not DSS.

6#
發表於 08-9-4 15:52 |只看該作者
The one accepted by HK Wah Yan is knock door .

Agreed that graduates of BU K is less competitive in competing for seats in traditional prestige schools.

原帖由 2002boy 於 08-9-4 15:33 發表
My boy graduated from BU K, accepted by A school but dropped eventually.

A school accepted around 55 BUK students or < 40% of total K3 graduates or around 50% of BUK applicants.

One point (which I t ...

[ 本帖最後由 makfr 於 08-9-4 15:54 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 08-9-4 17:00 |只看該作者
Thanks for information,

That was what I heard from a friend of mine, there is little advantage if attending HKBUK.  

We are thinking of applying to Boxhill or Think International school in Ma On Shan.  As the medium of instruction in the school is in english would this be an advantage or would it solely be based on the interview?  

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-4 10:51 發表
LuiBB,

You may be wrong.

The school just accepted less than 50 students from HKBUK for 2008-9.  There is very little advantage being a student of HKBU Kindergarten.  It was said that Ms Din does not ...

8#
發表於 08-9-4 18:24 |只看該作者
Twoloverlyboys,

I heard that the principal Ms Din quite likes kids from Hong Kong (Ascot) Preschool in Fo Tan.

From our experience in interviews with A-school, it seemed there was no standard.  Hence, hard to position your kid to be liked by A-school.

Some said that the talent show was important.  But, only those outgoing kids would benefit.  If you kid is very quiet, he / she may not outperform in the talent show.

The 2nd interview was useless from the screening perspective as 6 pairs of parents were meet in one lot in an open discussion.  The one we met was too junior to chair the meeting.  

Would suggest you to pick a school that is well recieved by most of the primary schools, not just for A-school.  My boy started K1 in BU K on understanding that the graduates would be automatically promoted to A-school but the recent fact was just some 50 were picked.  

The curriculum (theme based / project based) of BUK is good from kid's development perspective as they learn to be more creative and take learning as part of the living but hard to be well received by traditioanl prestige school.

9#
發表於 08-9-5 09:25 |只看該作者
Thanks 2002boy,

Seems Ascot pre-school are preferred by a lot of Primary schools

From some of them other threads seems they have dropped the talent show.  Seems crazy to have talent show considering that the kids are only 5 years old.

The other parents mentioned an assessments test for the parents, what type of question do they ask.  The test is in Chinese, do you know if they have an English Version of tests as my spoken and writtem chinese is limited.  Would this be a problem?

10#
發表於 08-9-5 10:06 |只看該作者
Twolovelyboys,

The assessment test is Chinese form but I also answered in English.  

The set of questions mainly asked (1) whether the parents understand the mission of the school; (2) views on teacher-parent cooperation and parent' availability of being the volunteer workers; (3) your priorities in various aspects in child nurturing e.g. health, academic achievements, proper value, conduct...; (4) committment to parent's class (which is compulsory once you kid is admitted by the school)

I heard that both the talent show and assessment test were important.  Assessment test is relatively easy to master comparing to talent show.  Talent show only differentiates those who are active and talkative and penalizes those who are smart but quiet.  There is a research saying that active kids are more predominant in shows but less concentrated in learning as they get side-tracked easily while quiet kids are usually more observant and rational as they think more than talk.   So, you have to know the type of your kid and find the right school for him.  An ideal school should take a balance that each group would influence the each other but reality is... most school wants to pick up those can represent the school to acquire awards... this is a little real world.

11#
發表於 08-9-7 19:35 |只看該作者
My son was old boys of HKBUK.

My son was grad in 2008 and was accepted by A-school..at the end.

However, I like to give him a shot and I gave up WKF.

He is now studying at YW.  

12#
發表於 08-9-8 09:39 |只看該作者
Thank you for your detailed breakdown.

原帖由 2002boy 於 08-9-5 10:06 發表
Twolovelyboys,

The assessment test is Chinese form but I also answered in English.  

The set of questions mainly asked (1) whether the parents understand the mission of the school; (2) views on teac ...

13#
發表於 08-9-8 11:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 2002boy 於 08-9-4 18:24 發表

The 2nd interview was useless from the screening perspective as 6 pairs of parents were meet in one lot in an open discussion.  The one we met was too junior to chair the meeting...

I somehow agree with the comment that the 2nd interview was not used for assessing the students.

However, I believe it was important for clarifying the expectations of the parents and to ensure they'd agree with the philosophy of the school...or at least to ensure the parents had thought about the compatability before their kids were admitted.

All in all the interviews were a joyful experiences for my boy and an opportunity to let us as parent to think if A-school would fit our kid.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題