用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 PLK CKY能培養學生變得主動和presentable,還是.. ...
發新帖
查看: 3452|回覆: 8
go

PLK CKY能培養學生變得主動和presentable,還是.. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-1 14:39 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear PLK CKY parents,

學校培養學生變得主動和presentable,還是主動和presentable的小朋友才應入PLK CKY呢?

I always have the above question in mind!

My kid is clever but a bit timid. He has lots of ideas in mind but a bit shy to express them out bravely and is not fond of presenting things in front of people.  While I know he could be polished to overcome the weakness, I am concerned if PLK CKY is suitable for him.

Assuming his is lucky to get in 2009/10, I wonder which of the following will be more likely in the learning environment of CKY:

1. as all classmates might be outspoken, active and not shy, he may find himself isolated and refuse to express himself.

2. he is impacted by all his peers and become outspoken, bold to speak out and present his ideas in front of a big audience.

Please share your views on this. I don't wish to put my son in the wrong place though I am sure CKY is a very very very good school!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-1 15:36 |只看該作者
小兒也是一個內歛及較害羞的孩子,他今年小三。到現時為止,我不會說蔡繼有可令他的性格有非常突破性的轉變,但在過去兩年,他的自信心是已提高了不少,但是要成為一個很有自信的演說家,相信仍有一段日子。

仍記得他小一時,英語老師評他的聲線「very soft voice」,中文老師又會形容他文靜。鬼咩,一來人新路不熟,二來又唔識講「煲冬瓜」,梗係寧願講少句啦。

到二年級,英語老師的評語是「有自信,及勇於表達,經常想show off 自己的認知」,而中文老師反饋他願意對自己懂得的問題舉手作答。

這些自信是一點一滴的,若問他的自信心從可建搭,我認為學校提供了以下條件:

-語言的訓練,當孩子每天操練語文,若孩子對語文已有一定掌握後,孩子就會樂於表達

-提供機會,學校有著不同類型及機會鼓勵孩子表達,做得多、練得多,孩子就會某程度上掌握到演說的技巧

當然,若孩子既聰明、又自動、又presentable,那在蔡繼有肯定是先富起來的一批,有著很多表演身手的機會啦。

[ 本帖最後由 kyliema2006 於 08-9-1 15:38 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-9-2 22:05 |只看該作者
Hi Ferriswheel,

My girl is now studying in Y2.  She was a shy girl in her kindergarden life.  The words "quiet", "shy", "not particpate" were always seen in her shool reports.  Both my husband & I knew that she could read well in local school since she was very "attentive and quiet" in class.  But, we chose CKY and we did a right choice.

Now, she is a "confident", "cheerful", "active joining in class discussion", "not hesitate to seek help" girl in teacher's eyes.

I think her change is due to the "positive encouraging" environment provided by CKY.
睡美人

4#
發表於 08-9-3 09:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 睡美人 於 08-9-2 22:05 發表
Hi Ferriswheel,

My girl is now studying in Y2.  She was a shy girl in her kindergarden life.  The words "quiet", "shy", "not particpate" were always seen in her shool reports.  Both my husband & I kn ...

Hi 睡美人 or other Y2 or above mums,

My boy is Y1. He is also a shy boy and behave the same as your girl. I agreed with you that they can do well in traditional school because of the characters, attentive and follow all the rules. That's also the reason I choose CKY - Chinese style "international" school.

In respect of languages teaching quality, all the classes will be conducted by English or PTH since Y2. For PTH, are they speak "Beijing" or "Taiwanese" PTH? Which publishers' book were usually used? I can hardly find good quality chinese reading books to my boy and the variety is very limited. How's the student standard?

LeungJ

5#
發表於 08-9-3 09:55 |只看該作者
Dear LeungJ,

老師口音問題,不算北京腔,又不台灣腔,最重要就是不香港腔,就是純純正正的普通話,可以接受。

若論普通話程度,經過二年級的密集式訓練,小兒的普通話已進步不少,相信再多一兩年,應該可以超越我(見笑),並以流利來形容了。註:他小一時仍是普通話白痴呢!

至於中文寫作程度,班中會有些同學是較強的,小兒則是中規中矩啦。

學校教授的教材,是學校自行編制的,包括有詩詞、三字經等。

原帖由 LeungJ 於 08-9-3 09:10 發表

Hi 睡美人 or other Y2 or above mums,

My boy is Y1. He is also a shy boy and behave the same as your girl. I agreed with you that they can do well in traditional school because of the characters, at ...

6#
發表於 08-9-3 11:29 |只看該作者
Dear All,

Thanks for all your feedback so far.  

This is a relief to me if I will try CKY as well.  

Btw, do you think the school fee of CKY will surge like rocket soon?  Next year would be HK$50000+ per year............cannot imagine for the 12th year....

7#
發表於 08-9-3 11:33 |只看該作者
One more enquiry:

1. Given some of your kids are also a bit shy and introvert, that means PLK CKY does not necessarily only pick up those super-active and outspoken kids during the interviews?  Am I right?  Do you think it would no longer be so given higher competitiveness these years?  

2.  Did your kid go to CKY at 5 yrs or 6 yrs old?  I know some kids get admitted at 5 yrs old. I did not try that for fear that my kid would be too 'bb' to be interviewed at K2.

3.  How do CKY train kids to recognise Chinese words? Just by reading Chinese books or by some calligraphy classes?

8#
發表於 08-9-3 14:53 |只看該作者
小兒當年考試表現尚算不俗,有些答案可反映出他喜歡閱讀的性格,我相信因此而順利過關。同期,有一個孩子全程保持沉默,若孩子過份文靜,相信學校都難以評分。

至於中文文字的教導,老師會將文字解體,講解結構、部首,儘量令孩子容易吸收。另,中文及英文均設有書法堂。

原帖由 ferriswheel 於 08-9-3 11:33 發表
One more enquiry:

1. Given some of your kids are also a bit shy and introvert, that means PLK CKY does not necessarily only pick up those super-active and outspoken kids during the interviews?  Am I  ...

9#
發表於 08-9-3 18:39 |只看該作者
小兒也是一個較害羞的孩子, that's why I am looking for a school where can train him up on being proactive.  The school fee of CKY is the only reason I am hesitated.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題