go

香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-7 14:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問這間學校易考嗎? 是否一定收? Please comment
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-7 16:35 |只看該作者
More competitive every year.  All kindergarteners from BUkinder were taken in the first year of the new school.  Then, only 10 pts were added on the applicants from BUkinder in 2007.  From the statistic given on the SingTao book, the no. of applicants were around 800-900 last year and there are 150 P.1 seats.

原文章由 Joeyjoeycheng 於 08-7-7 14:13 發表
請問這間學校易考嗎? 是否一定收? Please comment

[ 本文章最後由 3lamma 於 08-7-7 16:38 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-7-7 20:56 |只看該作者
Thanks!! But why so many parents choose this school instead of Kowloon Tong's private school, because HKD3500 for Shatin area seems expensive, please comment with many thanks

as my friend strongly recommand this school, thanks

原文章由 3lamma 於 08-7-7 16:35 發表
More competitive every year.  All kindergarteners from BUkinder were taken in the first year of the new school.  Then, only 10 pts were added on the applicants from BUkinder in 2007.  From the statist ...

4#
發表於 08-7-8 10:30 |只看該作者
係幾貴,不過他行小班教學

5#
發表於 08-7-8 10:57 |只看該作者
沙田位得15%, 又收番自己幼稚園的小朋友, 真有點難考.

原文章由 loy211 於 08-7-8 10:30 發表
係幾貴,不過他行小班教學

6#
發表於 08-7-8 11:05 |只看該作者
May I know why so many people choose this school even they are not live in Shatin??

原文章由 catcatmom 於 08-7-8 10:57 發表
沙田位得15%, 又收番自己幼稚園的小朋友, 真有點難考.

7#
發表於 08-7-8 15:35 |只看該作者
reasons for choosing A-school for my son:

1) beautiful and comfortable environment (outdoor playground, covered playground, air-con stadium)

2) The curriculum structure: only Chinese, Eng, maths with proper paper exams.  LA , Computing and IS have only class continuous assessments or projects.

3) No academic pressure on kids or parents because the school uses Grades rather than marks.  Besides, each exam is divided into different areas: e.g. English--reading, oral(show and tell every month) , spelling, writing(only blank paper is given in exam from P.1) etc.  So as parents, we can see what is the strength and weakness of my child and help him at home. It is not the marks that count.  

4) No ranking in school.  Subject Prizes will be given instead.

5) Happy atmosphere, creative and expressive students.

6) Helpful parents who love to take part in volunteer work.  It was very happy to see almost all students were accompanied with a parent to join the games day last week.  The teacher acted as thier parents if kids' parents did not come.  I can see a very good relationship between teachers and students too.

7) Lots of visits and exposure.  I appreciate that there's still something for kids to relax even in exam week.  Exam is the first period of the day and students still can join activity in the afternoon.

8) OLE everyday.  students are immersed in a very positive learning culture.  My son doesn't mind if he fails a task because he is so willing to try.  He enjoyed all the OLE classes; magic, robots, science workshop, bible stories(even we are not christian)

I think my ' advertisment' is enough!  however, it is still not perfect of course.  Teachers turn over rate was quite high, curriculum is still improving.  Basically, it's still at its experimental stage.

Finally, if you kid is expressive and if your belief is children's exposure to the world is more than purely academic results, I will recommend this school to you.  If you believe in traditional education will be safer and you believe in 'drill and practice', this school might not meet your expectation.

P.s. The school does not guarantee they will take BUkindergarteners from 2007 application.  I still think the kid's performance is the most important.  My son was not from BU kinder.

8#
發表於 08-7-8 21:02 |只看該作者
我也相信孩子會偷快學習,不過唯一冒險的是因為學校新,沒有公開試成績作參考,同時直資學校,較難留住老師(人工問題).正如有些家長所言,這所學校的先生流失率甚高.

9#
發表於 08-7-8 21:32 |只看該作者
Many thanks 3lamma

i totally agreed with you my son are suitable on this kind of school life insts ead of tradional study

But sorry i really want to ask my son English is really poor as his kindergarden English level are very low, do u think he is able to study on this school easily? Also any other extra fee need to pay expect HKD3500 school fee?

Sorry to ask so many question because I am "write paper" regarding applying Primary school, thanks

原文章由 3lamma 於 08-7-8 15:35 發表
reasons for choosing A-school for my son:

1) beautiful and comfortable environment (outdoor playground, covered playground, air-con stadium)

2) The curriculum structure: only Chinese, Eng, maths wit ...

10#
發表於 08-7-8 23:18 |只看該作者
Please see this link for old discussion on A-school

http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=512

The school teaches phonics in class so the dictation is actually not difficult for kids.  However, the homework in a sense is harder than traditional school because students need to write poems in p.1 and grammar is not taught as in traditional school.  So I think students need to use English at home also and read many books.  Also, students write journal every week (週記).  Some moms told me that it is not easy to find tutors for kids because many secondary school students or even U students don't know phonics.

If your kid's english is not strong, be prepared that he has to also catch up with the Maths course because A school uses English maths textbook and the exam is written in English also.  Basically, English is the medium of instruction except Chinese and LA lessons.

P.s. You may think there are not many parents from A-school respond to Bk because A school has its own parents forum in intranet to discuss school matters.

3lamma

11#
發表於 08-7-9 12:14 |只看該作者
Many thanks 3lamma
Let's interview first if they accept my son  then think it later, thanks again

原文章由 3lamma 於 08-7-8 23:18 發表

The school teaches phonics in class so the dictation is actually not difficult for kids.  H ...

12#
發表於 08-7-9 18:21 |只看該作者

School bus from Kwai Fong to 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 ?

Anyone from Kwai Fong to 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學, can you tell me what is the pick up time and arrive time in Kwai Fong.

Many Thanks!

13#
發表於 08-7-9 20:42 |只看該作者

HKBUAS

原文章由 3lamma 於 08-7-8 23:18 發表

The school teaches phonics in class so the dictation is actually not difficult for kids.  H ...

Hi ;

Don't worry. It is a good school, then a good school. How many school can afford so many Principle wtih PHD. It is a kind of school with International and Typical. Pls note school tuition fee 3,500 is very cheap. It can only cover OLE class only.

We love the school, it is good for my son. It is a right choice to study here.

14#
發表於 08-7-9 23:17 |只看該作者
上年該校換了校長時,就發生很多是非,基本上教學理念唔錯,但實行方面就要看看該校家長發表了.

原文章由 iberia 於 08-7-9 20:42 發表

Hi ;

Don't worry. It is a good school, then a good school. How many school can afford so many Principle wtih PHD. It is a kind of school with International and Typical. Pls note school tuition fee  ...
回 望 這 半 生 也 許 是 場 夢 年 月 已 帶 走 幾 個 秋 與 冬 淚 也 倦 了 夢 也 不 斷 轉 眼 逝 去 生 命 或 許 是 場 空

15#
發表於 08-7-9 23:52 |只看該作者
Sorry! May I know what is PHD & OLE??

原文章由 iberia 於 08-7-9 20:42 發表

Hi ;

Don't worry. It is a good school, then a good school. How many school can afford so many Principle wtih PHD. It is a kind of school with International and Typical. Pls note school tuition fee  ...

16#
發表於 08-7-11 09:44 |只看該作者
博士學位  (PHD)
其他學習經歷課程 (OLE-OTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCE)

17#
發表於 08-7-11 14:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

18#
發表於 08-7-11 14:37 |只看該作者
Phd and OLE could have another meaning as below:

Phd = Permanent head damage 《永久性頭部破損》

OLE = Ordinary-level education 《普通水平教育》

19#
發表於 08-7-11 19:02 |只看該作者

Good Try

原文章由 schiu999 於 08-7-11 14:37 發表
Phd and OLE could have another meaning as below:

Phd = Permanent head damage 《永久性頭部破損》

OLE = Ordinary-level education 《普通水平教育》

Hi;

You do have a good sense of Humon, are you British.

as far as I remember, my son can select another set of OLE on every semester. Yes, it is like ordinary class on every day. They do have a good summer camp and teaching by University of Iowa's grduated student.

We were USA for Summer Camp last year. They love it very much.

20#
發表於 08-7-12 22:22 |只看該作者
May I know Summar Camp arrange by school or self - arrangment??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題